Editors live

Started by dsanchez, November 26, 2009, 13:16:40

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Good show tonight.  The boys were suffering from some jet lag and omitted a song or two from the set list, which seemed a song or two shorter than the ones from the European leg of the tour.  I think we got 18, but will need to verify that.  Sound-wise, they were excellent.  Nice mix, clear vocals from the get go.  I would have preferred the bass to have been a bit lower, but didn't mind since it didn't muck up the over all mix.  As for the new material, it came off well.  And mixing the more electronic stuff with the guitar driven standards worked well.  Audio will be posted on Curefans soon.       

othervoices

Glad you enjoyed them - I've got another show with them next month. V pleased about that!

crowbi_wan

I wouldn't mind seeing them again, either.  Actually I was just texting a friend about going to the show tonight in Vancouver.  Passport issues, though.  Looks like it's one and done for me. 

japanesebaby

Quote from: nevyn on December 25, 2009, 14:41:58
and what do you generally think about Edirol mics? I found that most of the concert recordings that I enjoyed the most were done with these ;)

hi nevyn,

i think you have listened to recordings made with edirol recorder but with external mics (=it says something like 'edirol R-09 + [the mic brand/name] in the gear info).

edirol's in-built mics are complete crap, definitely not at all good and cannot be used to really record any live music.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine