Author Topic: Kansas City 2008-05-19 - The Kiss  (Read 1172 times)

Offline lostflower4

• Curefan Master
    • The Imaginary Lemurs Cure Site
Kansas City 2008-05-19 - The Kiss
« on: May 30, 2010, 08:21:58 »
Almost in time for the 2-year anniversary.  :oops:

This is a really intense performance of The Kiss, with Robert's voice completely shot. This was about the only song that he sounded "good" on, just because it sounded so ominous.

I'd highly recommend clicking the hyperlink above to go directly to YouTube page, where it will be in better quality. Unfortunately, forced embedding always defaults to the lowest resolution, which is not very good for this particular video.  :(

Oh, and you can hear something kind of funny right at the beginning here... There was this guy wanting to go back to his seat in our row, and I was just putting my camera up to take the video. He says, "Are you taking a picture?"  I just stood there, slightly nodding, thinking he was the guy next to me. I just kept standing there like a statue, and you can hear him grumbling about me not moving, like "Jesus...", "Man...", and so forth. After about a minute, I finally realized he wasn't the guy next to me and moved to let him through.  :lol:

Offline japanesebaby

• Curefan Master
Re: Kansas City 2008-05-19 - The Kiss
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 09:33:49 »
thanks for sharing :smth023

Oh, and you can hear something kind of funny right at the beginning here... There was this guy wanting to go back to his seat in our row, and I was just putting my camera up to take the video. He says, "Are you taking a picture?"  I just stood there, slightly nodding, thinking he was the guy next to me. I just kept standing there like a statue, and you can hear him grumbling about me not moving, like "Jesus...", "Man...", and so forth. After about a minute, I finally realized he wasn't the guy next to me and moved to let him through.  :lol:

poor guy. :lol:

although a bit different, this reminds me of some people at the shows, who when seeing that you're taking a video come to babble "hey dude are you taking a video? great can you send me your files?". no problem of asking but dude, why do they always ask you when you are filming, and not in between the songs, so that they babble all over the video. i guess they are more interested in getting a copy of a video with they own voice on it than video from the show. :roll:  :lol:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Offline lostflower4

• Curefan Master
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 14:13:09 »
poor guy. :lol:

although a bit different, this reminds me of some people at the shows, who when seeing that you're taking a video come to babble "hey dude are you taking a video? great can you send me your files?". no problem of asking but dude, why do they always ask you when you are filming, and not in between the songs, so that they babble all over the video. i guess they are more interested in getting a copy of a video with they own voice on it than video from the show. :roll:  :lol:

Oddly enough, this has only happened to me once — at an Ozzy Osbourne show in 2007. I was mostly just taking photos, and the lady next to me kept asking for my contact info so she could get them later. She also thought I was really "rebellious" since there was a somewhat strict no camera policy that night, and this seemed to get her all the more excited about getting some pics.

Thing is, I was also making an audio recording, so this was especially annoying. She mainly asked between songs, but it still was awkward. I kept telling her, "Let's talk after the show!" but she obviously kept forgetting every 4 songs.

I thought I had finally gotten through to her, but toward the end of the show she suddenly declared something to the effect of, "We're taking off a bit early to beat the traffic, so give me your phone number or e-mail address NOW!!!"  :x

I just kind of reached for her cell phone and punched in my number, and gestured her to call me later. She did, and we exchanged an e-mail. I told her I needed to sort out the photos first, which was true.

But then I spent some time debating whether I should send her the photos after all, since she was kind of obnoxious and potentially ruined my recording. After a while I didn't really care anymore, and sent her an e-mail asking how she wanted me to send them.

Just guess if she never replied...  :lol:

Offline Plainsong

• Coolfan
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 14:55:20 »
Wow, thank you for sharing this! Fantastic video...and Robert does sound rather scary.
I still can't believe he made it through that whole show!

Online dsanchez

• Administrator
  • Curefan Master
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 20:39:08 »
Almost in time for the 2-year anniversary

Is the first time I listen any song of this gig!

It's... strange. But somehow I enjoyed the performance. Is so weird at the same time. Robert is :rocker
Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me...

Online dsanchez

• Administrator
  • Curefan Master
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 20:54:23 »
This is a really intense performance of The Kiss, with Robert's voice completely shot. This was about the only song that he sounded "good" on, just because it sounded so ominous.

Do you remember non Curefans comments after the concert? Because we all knew he was sick, but I wonder what the non-fans thought about his voice (?)
Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me...

Offline lostflower4

• Curefan Master
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 23:18:43 »

Do you remember non Curefans comments after the concert?

Never heard any, but if I went to see an unfamiliar band and the singer sounded like that, I'd simply think "Wow, that guy can't sing."  :lol:

Online dsanchez

• Administrator
  • Curefan Master
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 02:48:25 »
For any reason I keep on watching this video... I think I'm a little bit sadic  :twisted:

Offline Freakshow

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 17:41:59 »
Wow - I enjoyed that one a lot! Thanks for posting it lostflower4.  It fit my mood perfectly!
It is so intense - I love those guitar parts!
Show me how you do that trick...