The World Cup 2010 at Curefans.com

Started by Trust..., May 06, 2010, 11:58:52

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

japanesebaby

this was so cruel - where was miss fortuna?

Diego Forlan Last Minute Freekick - Slow Motion Germany V Uruguay 3rd Place World Cup 2010 3-2.

:eek: 

strangely perhaps, but i was really rooting for uruguay to get the bronze :?

dsanchez

Too bad fo the Netherlands :(

Anyway, spanish commentators screaming the winning goal :lol:

http://www.elmundo.es/mundial/2010/html/audios/gol_final.html
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

so, the octopus got it right every single time.  :shock:
:D

but as so often before, what a boring final! not great football at all and full of dirty tricks - the amount of cards  :shock: even the fans were so silent, not much cheering - did everybody choke on their vuvuzela or what? i almost fell asleep during the game and was pissed that it went over time since it was so boring to watch (sorry).

the bronze game was so much better. imo that was a sort of "moral finale" of the tournament. it was an action-filled and situation changed a lot and it changed fast. and there were lots of goals too - not 1-0 like every game by spain seems to be at max  :roll:). and snejder and david villa were just pale figures compared to müller and forlán, the real stars of the tournament.

World Cup 2010: Diego Forlan collects Golden Ball award

World Cup 2010 Golden Boot winner Thomas Mueller

so the way i consider it, germany won, uruguay was second and then the rest.  8)

dsanchez

Indeed the first half of the final was very boring. It became better on the second half and the extra time. I guess teams don't try to risk too much at this level of the tournement. My favourite matchs of the World Cup were

Cameroon - Denmark / Uruguay - Ghana / England - USA / Italy - Slovakia

The Cameroon - Denmark was a round-trip match, very intense until the last second. It was just amazing. Too bad both teams were eliminated on the first round  :?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 12, 2010, 13:21:41
so the way i consider it, germany won, uruguay was second and then the rest.  8)

i love you!!!  :-D

anyway, i think you were right about the final.. they broke a sad record: most cards in a world cup final ever....

i really wanted to fry that octopus when it predicted germany would lose, that thing is always right. kind of scary  :shock:
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

japanesebaby

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on July 12, 2010, 18:25:52
i really wanted to fry that octopus when it predicted germany would lose, that thing is always right. kind of scary  :shock:
hey don't shoot the messenger! ;)

luckily the prime minister of spain has offered protection to paul:

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6266629-spanish-pm-wants-to-give-protection-to-paul-octopus

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 12, 2010, 13:21:41

i love you!!!  :-D
:-D

still, i hope you don't fry me if i say i was really hoping that uruguay would beat germany. i couldn't believe diego forlán missed the last free kick so tightly, it would have been a real classic game if he had scored that one.

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 01, 2010, 12:00:55
Quote from: dsanchez on June 29, 2010, 17:11:24soccer, the most passionated sport in the world! :)
I totally agree...

THE MAGICAL MADNESS OF DIEGO MARADONA

"I prefer women. I am dating Veronica, she is 31, she is blonde and she is beautiful. No, I've not gone limp-wristed! But I like to acknowledge and congratulate my players when they play as well as they did today."

- Diego responds to an innocent inquiry about his tendency to pat the bottoms of his players with the most convoluted 'you're gayer than I am!' retort in recorded history.

"Many journalists should apologise to the players. I'm not suggesting you drop your trousers, but it would be honest and great so we all get along better."

– For a someone so resolutely straight, Maradona's comments follow an interesting pattern.

indeed...

from: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/world-cup-2010/2010/07/12/2021193/i-like-women-im-dating-veronica-she-is-31-she-is-blonde-she

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: japanesebaby on July 13, 2010, 07:38:52
hey don't shoot the messenger! ;)

luckily the prime minister of spain has offered protection to paul:

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6266629-spanish-pm-wants-to-give-protection-to-paul-octopus

that is hilarious!!!! honestly i think he'd be safer in spain indeed ;) of course it's not his fault but i am glad he 'retiered' that was giving me the creeps...

and of course i don't hate you for wanting uruguay to win. i couldn't believe he didn't make that goal either and it was a very good and intense game. uruguay would have deserved it as well :D
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you