2011.05.31 Sydney - Sydney Opera House (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, May 03, 2011, 21:11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

billee

Quote from: scatcat on June 26, 2011, 16:23:25
Quote from: billee on June 24, 2011, 13:10:44
:smth060 :smth060

:-D  wondering when you were going to show these..  Epic!   :smth020

Doing some full time casual work ( now that's a contradiction if I ever saw one ) for the next few weeks. Slowly eroding my "owe" or should I say Mastercard moment hehe. Will have a bit more time to organise things. God I love youtube !!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxo
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

dsanchez

Lol's comments on this show:

QuoteThe first show at the Sydney Opera House was really like an out-of-body experience for me. It was beautiful. I can't get any more hippie-fied than that, which would shock my punk-rock self. But then again, I think the punks are just hippies in different clothes. It was wonderful and a good point in life to sit and do that sort of stuff and reacquaint ourselves with each other. Maybe we'll do something like that again in the future.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/cure-lol-tolhurst-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-interview-768934/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

..it was an out-of-body experience for us also !
Never forgotten ...
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

QuoteAt the Opera House, on May 31 and June 1, Smith, [Simon] Gallup, and [Jason] Cooper played Three Imaginary Boys. O'Donnell joined them for Seventeen Seconds. Tolhurst then made up the full complement for Faith. The former drummer waited backstage to play with the Cure for the first time in 23 years. The monumental moment overcame him.

"The tears wouldn't stop," he writes of the moment in Cured. "It was all too much for me. As my salty tears streamed down my cheeks, I found that I could not stanch the flood of emotions that filled me."

Tolhurst's nerves dissipated as soon as he took to the stage and struck a bell with his percussion mallet to begin Faith. ("Ye Gods! I felt like Thor with his hammer!" he reflected in his memoir.)

Pictures of you: Unreleased photography from The Cure's 2011 show at Vivid LIVE
https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/festivals/vivid-live/2019/backstage/the-cure-pictures-of-you.html
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo