LatAm2013 DVD news

Started by dsanchez, February 25, 2014, 14:11:57

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

If you were waiting for news about the LatAm2013 DVD then the news is that there are no news!

In a message published by Tim Pope today he has said:

"No news on The Cure, I'm afraid."

http://www.timpope.tv/blog/tim-pope-update

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Ah well, as I said in another thread not long ago:
"... I wouldn't expect to see this soon(ish)..."
:roll:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Tim Pope comments on this project once again:

QuoteTo be clear, the South Amercan footage will probably be included In a bigger protect, the gods willing. Stop bugging me!!!

https://twitter.com/timpopedirector

dsanchez

At last, some news:

https://twitter.com/timpopedirector/status/935920484633505792

"Keep it quiet, but a few BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS COMING SOON! Mum's the word, OK? Shh!"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Tim Pope has now confirmed some kind of 40th anniversary project:

QuoteBeing the kind-hearted person I am, I can confirm one of my upcoming projects next year is with The Cure with whom I have worked since 1981. This will be with the full participation of Robert. Updates when I can, but suffice to say it will be a 40th anniversary project.
https://twitter.com/timpopedirector/status/936519291394019328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/timpopedirector

Some more tweets been added since:
QuoteFlicka flicka flicka. Here you are. Dust my lemon lies. 50 dusty boxes filled with memories. None of it seen before. From the 1970s to present day. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! More soon.

QuoteI'll cut the cryptic crap soon, certainly before Christmas, but wanted to hint a little bit about next year's plans on The Cure project because I am excited! Be great to work with my old chums, as we go so far back. Going to be a bumper year for the 40th anniversary!

:smth023

Zennard

To be fair, and I have been guilty of that myself, citing sources not RS, it is not news unless RS confirms it as such. So...

Ulrich

Quote from: Zennard on December 09, 2017, 13:53:24
To be fair, and I have been guilty of that myself, citing sources not RS, it is not news unless RS confirms it as such. So...

Four posts in and already complaining... not bad.  :lol:

As you can see above, the first post in this topic was done by our Admin (dsanchez) and it is also a message by Tim Pope. Thus, our Admin obviously does consider Tim Pope as an "official source" (especially when it comes to news about his projects).

For myself: I'm sure Tim Pope would not tweet above sentences if he wasn't in touch with RS and nothing was planned. (As I said before: plans can change.)

Zennard

Quote from: Ulrich on December 09, 2017, 14:22:53

Four posts in and already complaining... not bad.  :lol:

As you can see above, the first post in this topic was done by our Admin (dsanchez) and it is also a message by Tim Pope. Thus, our Admin obviously does consider Tim Pope as an "official source" (especially when it comes to news about his projects).

For myself: I'm sure Tim Pope would not tweet above sentences if he wasn't in touch with RS and nothing was planned. (As I said before: plans can change.)

I was not complaining at all. Just stating the obvious.

dsanchez

Well, the forum has two categories in the news section... news from reliable sources (and Tim Pope is a reliable source because he has worked with Bob for many years) and the "rumors" category, where articles were the source of information is not from the band or their inner circle.

Having said that, Bob has always the final word to make reality these news.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: Zennard on December 10, 2017, 15:06:52
I was not complaining at all. Just stating the obvious.

No, you were being cheeky towards the Admin of this forum, who (see his statement above) obviously considers Tim Pope a "reliable source".

Btw, I can't see you "citing" anything so far, you have just made some "claims", but nothing has been underlined by quotes or anything at all but your own fantasies ("cancellations", "cynical remarks" etc.)!  :smth011

dsanchez

@Ulrich, I think what @Zennard means is that all is up to Bob, which is true. And to tell the true, many fans are upset about Bob's lies while others (such as myself) are used to Bob's lies and don't mind much about it.

About reliable sources, that's another discussion. Any The Cure member or person working WITH The Cure is a reliable source. That is not my opinion but a fact.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on December 11, 2017, 10:04:55
@Ulrich, I think what @Zennard means is that all is up to Bob, which is true.

If that's what he meant, he has used very unfortunate wording for it. He's trying to give the Admin a lecture about what is "news" and what's not. Very cheeky for a "new" user... (if he's new at all). Warning has been issued.

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on December 11, 2017, 10:06:58
Quote from: dsanchez on December 11, 2017, 10:04:55
@Ulrich, I think what @Zennard means is that all is up to Bob, which is true.
If that's what he meant, he has used very unfortunate wording for it. He's trying to give the Admin a lecture about what is "news" and what's not. Very cheeky for a "new" user... (if he's new at all). Warning has been issued.

Hmmm I don't see it this way. He is a new user and therefore getting used to the forum. I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

That's nice of you. There is still hope. Let's wait, maybe he'll deliver the "citings" he chats about... ;)

Ulrich

https://twitter.com/timpopedirector/status/939852442904203265?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
So, 50 boxes of 'stuff' has just arrived at mine. Just peeked and apart from dust they seem to be filled with what looks like films, photographs, memorabilia. They go by the year. Hm. Can't wait to get cracking, though might take me a while. I can feel Christmas is nearly here.