Royal Mail's lost Roger O'Donnell's TCT signed tambourine

Started by Cris, May 28, 2014, 11:40:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Cris

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, so feel free to move it if it's not.

TO ALL CURE FANS (AND KIND PEOPLE IN GENERAL)

PLEASE GIVE THIS POST A COUPLE OF MINUTES OF YOUR TIME.

There's a 99,9% chance that Roger's signed tambourine (the one auctioned by TCT for charity) has been stolen. What we know for sure is that it never reached its legitimate owner. Someone else """signed""" for the parcel... (as you all can see attached in this message) if this can be considered a proper signature... bah!

It was sent through Royal Mail signed for service. A service thought as secure...but it is NOT SECURE at all.

We are spreading the word about it so all fans get to know what happened to it! And if you want to help as well and have twitter please retweet the link below.

https://twitter.com/CureCommunity/status/471210317213884416

Thanks!

dsanchez

Quote from: Cris on May 28, 2014, 11:40:54
We are spreading the word about it so all fans get to know what happened to it! And if you want to help as well and have twitter please retweet the link below.

Hi, we are on Twitter with @curefans so just send us the tweet and we will RT.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: Cris on May 28, 2014, 11:40:54

By the way, why no contact the Royal Mail or the postal service directly? It's not that this post falled in the street or something. It just happeened that it was delivered to the wrong person. I think contacting to the postal service will be a much more efficient way to track where the package is than retweeting (which could be helpful in case of missing persons, etc.)

In any case,  good luck!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Cris

Royal Mail has been contacted. They´re giving us the "We´re looking into" BS now! First thing they said was "It was delivered, check the signature on our website" That signature is a joke. IF it is a signature at all. Anyone can make a scribble like that and walk away with the parcel.

All neighbours have been contacted to see if anyone had received a parcel by mistake, but nope. It was sent through Royal Mail signed for service. A service thought to be secure... that is NOT SECURE at all by the looks of it. They should´ve got a proper ID, a proper signature, anything that would ensure the parcel get to the real owners of it.

TCT is aware that the parcel never reached its legitimate owner. Royal mail says now they´re investigating.

So... the parcel could be lost, stolen, God only knows what happened to it. One thing we know for sure, it was NEVER DELIVERED at the correct address. And that signature can be from anyone´s!! Though we can hardly call it a signature, can we?

It´s on chain of flowers blog now!

http://craigjparker.blogspot.com.br/2014/05/rogers-tambourine-from-tct-auction.html

dsanchez

Quote from: Cris on May 28, 2014, 23:59:45
Royal Mail has been contacted

We have contacted them as well and spread the word on Twitter. This is a responsibility of Royal Mail and I hope they will find who has the item or at least compensate the person who was suppose to have it. Let's see what happens.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Cris

I am the person who won the auction. I want to thank you all for your help in spreading the news to all the fans around the world. And let´s hope Royal mail will take reponsability into this and work harder in trying to locate the missing parcel. It doesn´t look good though.

Anyway...

Someone from Royal Mail has contacted me this morning on twitter asking information about the missing parcel.

I´ve given them the reference number of the complaint made through email. And basically what they said was that the case was still in process, that they can see the issue via the reference number, and that a member of the team is currently dealing with this and will be in touch when they get an update.

I´ll let you all know of any news as soon as I get them.

I´ll also write a small message later telling all the facts in chronological order so all The Cure fans that are helping us can understand better and follow the news about what´s really happened to Roger´s tambourine.

Once again, a HUGE thank you to all of you! You´ve been FAB!

Let´s keep the FAITH!

Cris

Cris

Hello everyone, on a final note about Roger's tambourine... I have received an email from RM apologising for what happened, saying they're very sorry blah blah blah, and that it's going to take time for me to put trust on them again, blah, blah, blah....whatever. So now it's official. And the official news is: It's gone.

I'd like to THANK YOU all for the incredible help you all gave me on this!! I know for sure that things did walk faster cause we were all together on this.

Thank you!!
Cris

dsanchez

Thanks for the update. And sorry to hear about the outcome. Glad we could help you, anyway! 
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Cris

EXTRAORDINARY NEWS!

Roger's tambourine has been located!! I don't know how, I don't know where. Nearly 5 months after the auction has ended.

I've just received a parcel from TCT with the tambourine inside. And just can't contain my excitement!!!! I'm so so happy I might burst out any minute!!! lol

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Wow, that was unexpected! Thanks for sharing the news & pics!  :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...