The Cure to release new album end of 2019?

Started by dsanchez, February 02, 2019, 13:18:10

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on July 30, 2019, 10:14:04Robert mentions that they recorded music, but the vocals are far from finished - he needs to write words and sing them still...

really? so I don't think we will have a The Cure album this year. There are barely 5 months left to 2020.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

@dsanchez: as I said before, I will eat my old hat if we won't have an album during 2020.  :yum:

Quote from: SueC on July 30, 2019, 12:28:08...do you know the saying, "A watched kettle never boils"?  ;)

Erm, no. Guess turning the heat under the kettle on will be more helpful (instead of just watching it).  :lol:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

Quote from: Ulrich on July 30, 2019, 17:11:51@dsanchez: as I said before, I will eat my old hat if we won't have an album during 2020.  :yum:

Quote from: SueC on July 30, 2019, 12:28:08...do you know the saying, "A watched kettle never boils"?  ;)

Erm, no. Guess turning the heat under the kettle on will be more helpful (instead of just watching it).  :lol:

Oh, you meanie!  :winking_tongue   Don't you know that life-sustaining proteins start to denature in the 50-60 degree C range?  Be careful what you're boiling there!   :1f62d:

Of what quality is this old hat?  (Not that I think this will become relevant; it's just nice to know what you're wagering!)
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Well that was just a "saying", I don't even own a hat... I don't remember the exact wording or where I posted it, but I am so certain we're going to get a new album before 2020 is over, I said: if that ain't happening, everyone here will be free to shower abuse over me around Xmas 2020 (for a week or so) without being banned...
(Maybe not such a good idea, huh?)  :fearful:

Ulrich

In reference to the topic title: I have my doubts that this album will drop in 2019.

My guess? Around Robert's birthday in April/May 2020. And I might be very wrong...

piggymirror

Quote from: Ulrich on November 13, 2019, 09:47:07In reference to the topic title: I have my doubts that this album will drop in 2019.

My guess? Around Robert's birthday in April/May 2020. And I might be very wrong...

Like I said, in the year 2193, the release of the long-lost Cure albums is announced once again...

Ulrich

I guess we can close this topic now, unless the album drops unexpectedly on 31/12...  :1f62a: