2005.08.05 Benicassim - Area de Conciertos de Benicassim (Spain)

Started by dsanchez, July 27, 2005, 01:25:09

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Internet is wonderful :)

Not so good sound, but anyway!...I hope I will not be kicked from my job  ...I have been with my head on Cure the whole day :roll:

Enjoy!

David.

Quote from: Tristan BerlinYou are wonderful  :lol:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

rodrigodechile

thank you friend, but now is not disponible  :(  :(  :(  :(  :( , only download 3 song i dont know what is the problem.

the sound the guitar is very very power

i listen the blood woowowowowow

Anonymous

thanks for all your hard work guys, hopefully in time some decent audience recordings of this show will surface, very interesting setlist  :D

lostflower4

I loved the guitar improvs Porl did on The Blood, Lullaby, etc. And The Baby Screams just rocked! Totally my style.  :D  The performance was a little rough at times, but that can be expected.

One thing that concerned me... Robert's singing was not very good at all. I hope this was a one time thing, and not something to do with "getting old". This happens to so many singers. He's maintained his voice so well all these years, but I've always wondered if he'd start to lose it someday.

He sounded much better on Live 8, so we can only hope.  :roll:

Tristan Berlin

Yes, I think it depends. The voice would never be the same as 92 but novadays the voice is even better than at some concerts in 1998.
Musically they are sounding better than the last years and this is Porls influence, without a doubt.
The setlist was really cool. For example "the blood", "at night" and "a letter to elise" - all songs they didn't play for such a long time. Really cool.
I liked the version of "lullaby", it was very special and we see, it even works without keyboards..  :wink:

blugel

i really didnt know what to expect, so...damn!  i was reading the setlist on cof: 'the blood', 'never enough', 'at night', all nice and pleasant surprises, along with 'the baby screams' back again.  and then i saw 'signal to noise'...holy shit, unbelievable, i always loved this b-side and apparently so does robert.  hell, when was the last time they played a b-side, eh?  'the big hand' a few times back in '92?  but then i saw the real kicker...'a letter to elise', my favorite cure song, one i could never understand why it was played so rarely, with no indication ever of why.  but, damn, its back, and i hope it stays back for the supposed tour next year.  too damn bad the broadcast, and subsequent posted mp3s on cof, didn't include the whole show, especially 'signal to noise' and 'a letter to elise.'  hope someone got a good recording and will put these up soon, simply dying to hear both.

boneheadhaggar

I'm sure some audience recordings will surface eventually :)
its nice to be nice

bartabas

I like all This tracks without keyboard  :D  :D

:arrow: Porl  guitar hero

cult_hero

just heard the mp3s. uuhhhh! thanks robert for kicking out roger and perry!  :evil: you ruined the (imo) perfect line-up for something like this? okay, it was the first gig and i hope you'll do more rehearsals! the cure need a keyboard and not a guitar-"hero" like porl. sorry...

Beesley Wytchboy

I think Porls solo in the keyboard bit to Eotw was superb though i agree Roger really should be in the band, He's been a fantastic member for so many years.
You're Walking a thin line between here and out of control

Beesley Wytchboy

Cheers dsanchez!

I'll wait to get Broadband installed to d/l it.
Great setlist!!!!!!

Luke x :P

dsanchez

The band sounded too "rock" for my taste. Altought it was good, I think the keyboards are definitely necesary  :roll: ...anyway, let's see what the next concerts have :)

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

I had only heard a few songs when I made my original post. I guess the singing wasn't all that bad. A few songs were pretty rough though.

Overall I really think they sounded fresh. Definitely different than anything we've heard before, which is good. If the lineup wouldn't have changed, I think these summer festivals would sound just like everything else they have been doing in recent years.  :(  I hope they decide to mix up the setlists a bit and give us some more surprises!

About the lack of keys, I think it is kind of cool to have a new sound. To me it is ok for now, but in a future tour they should add a new member again (and do whatever is in their power to keep Porl on board).   :idea:

Beesley Wytchboy

Quote from: lostflower4I had only heard a few songs when I made my original post. I guess the singing wasn't all that bad. A few songs were pretty rough though.

Overall I really think they sounded fresh. Definitely different than anything we've heard before, which is good. If the lineup wouldn't have changed, I think these summer festivals would sound just like everything else they have been doing in recent years.  :(  I hope they decide to mix up the setlists a bit and give us some more surprises!

About the lack of keys, I think it is kind of cool to have a new sound. To me it is ok for now, but in a future tour they should add a new member again (and do whatever is in their power to keep Porl on board).   :idea:

I agre..............But want Roger back!
He is, IMO the best keys player the band has ever had

Luke x :P

cult_hero

yeah, he was/is great! i love his playing in "from the edge..."