New album will come out after the US tour - Southamerica posponed (once again)

Started by dsanchez, July 03, 2007, 20:47:24

Previous topic - Next topic

strange_day

Hurrah, news.

Robert is doing a great thing by making the double version same price as the single version, that way the record company cant win, im quite surprised hes been forced into that kind of position, considering hes old enough and has enough experience to call the shots...... but hey, thats the music industry.

Im looking forward to it very much.....  :D

[labyrinth]

Janko

Quote from: strange_day on July 10, 2007, 02:04:16

Robert is doing a great thing by making the double version same price as the single version,

IN MY MIND, ANOUNCING A DOUBLE ALBUM ALWAYS SOUNDS LIKE TROUBLE!

I'M VERY, VERY SKEPTICAL ABOUT ROBERT'S POWER TO MAKE A GOOD DOUBLE ALBUM NOWADAYS...

GIVE US 10 SONGS, 45 MINUTE ALBUM THAT WOULD BE TRULY GREAT AND A 3 OR 4 GREAT B-SIDES!

I'LL LOVE IT MORE THAN 120 MINUTES OF SUBSTANDARD STUFF...

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Bloodflower

The way I see it, they've been in the studio since 2005, working on this new album. I find it entirely possible that they've kept writing and recording since then. Looking back, The Cure would have been a better album if This Morning and the other b-sides were included. So would Wild Mood Swings. And Wish. And Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss me. And The Head on the Door.

Seeing something of a pattern?

I am all for a double album. The more the better, I am certain of this.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

rodney

Personally, I think all of the albums mentioned would've been better if they'd have had b-sides substituted for songs that made the album......