Soundboard/FM or Audience?

Started by Oso Blanco, October 06, 2006, 18:24:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Oso Blanco

I have another suggestion to make: Since I am not at all interested in audience recordings, would it be possible to state the source of the recording in the topic line? Along with date and place of recording? It's really annoying to have to crawl through all the threads, of which many have no information whatsoever if the show in question is an audience or soundboard/fm recording.
Time is the fire in which we burn ...

Paul

japanesebaby

sure, the more known information everyone posts with their uploads, the better.
the staff has already expressed a wish for this too:
http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,1710.0.html

QuoteIf you wish to add additional info about your download, it would also be appreciated. Such info could include generation/version info, the setlist, quality ratings, a link to www.cure-concerts.de, or any other relevant info.

but of course in case there is no secure information about the recording then it's much better to leave it blank and not start guessing something :!: 
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Oso Blanco

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 06, 2006, 19:47:00

sure, the more known information everyone posts with their uploads, the better.
the staff has already expressed a wish for this too:
http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,1710.0.html

QuoteIf you wish to add additional info about your download, it would also be appreciated. Such info could include generation/version info, the setlist, quality ratings, a link to www.cure-concerts.de, or any other relevant info.

but of course in case there is no secure information about the recording then it's much better to leave it blank and not start guessing something :!: 

If someone is posting a new show, it can't be THAT hard for him to tell if it's audience or soundboard sourced. You can easily hear the difference.
Time is the fire in which we burn ...

Darth Blood

well there are some people  that put in the download initial post this info... some other not...

The Cure
Date: 1992.07.20
Venue: The Coliseum
Source: audience
Quality: 8.3
Generation: AU 0, Addd
Equipment: Sony WM-d6c + Audio Technica AT822
Recorded by: Ro.Wo.

but not everybody have all this info... anyway... findout the  audience or sondbard/fm i guess is easy to determinate

:rocker
Darth Blood

japanesebaby

Quote from: Oso Blanco on October 06, 2006, 20:06:06If someone is posting a new show, it can't be THAT hard for him to tell if it's audience or soundboard sourced. You can easily hear the difference.

in most cases yes, but i wouldn't say it's 100% secure just about every time: i don't think every FM or SBD can be considered superior to every audience recording. mostly yes, but there are also some superb audience recordings that sound almost like soundboards, and also some SBD/FM recordings that aren't really always that amazing. and besides, some people simply have more experience in telling this than others, some people are not so used to paying attention to this.

so what i meant here is that it's still better that people don't start guessing too much, just for the sake of it: guesses are very easily transformed into facts as the time goes by and sometimes this produces unnecessary bogus lineages that might stick hard. so if you're not sure about the lineage then it's better to say so.

but in general, of course i do agree with this suggestion: the more known info posted, the better it is for everyone!

m

japanesebaby

a further thought: sometimes it would help a lot if people posted the setlists for the shows they upload.
in many cases you might be able to tell something about the sourceeven looking at the setlist.
(then again, there are composite shows circulating that are put together from various sources/versions and it causes a lot of confusion if this didn't get properly documented...  :roll: )
anyway, i was thinking about this because i don't think it's just a question of telling SBDs or FMs from audience recordings:
those people interested in audience recordings would also like to know what versions they might be maybe getting. and sometimes the setlists could help telling something about that too.

crowbi_wan

fm shows should be in the http://www.curefans.com/index.php/board,20.0.html section.  Why not just add soundboards to this?