The Cure to play Europe in 2016?

Started by dsanchez, October 20, 2015, 07:35:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on October 29, 2015, 02:17:26
This kind of a tour, what's shaping up to be fairly extensive and, we hope, comprehensive, does not seem to me to be the kind of tour that a band (in their right mind) would self-finance.  Especially with no new music.

Well, with that kinda "success" of the demand and added shows already (with no hint of "new music" btw)... seems really a "dangerous & risky" thing to self-finance...  :lol:

Where's Chris Parry btw? He sold Ficition, didn't he?

Quote from: cheyler on October 29, 2015, 02:17:26And really, isn't Black Sabbath the ORIGINAL Gothic Rock Band????

Aren't they more "horror themed hardrock"? Ooops, we're off-topic, need to ban myself now.  :oops:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Tivoli-Bratwurst

Hello again. Just wanted to let you know what Karsten Jahnke (remember, the german concert director) replied to me concerning of a european/german tour in 2016:

-------

Lieber Herr -----,
das eine hat mit dem anderen nichts zu tun.
Vermutlich werden Sie in nächsten Jahr nach Deutschland kommen. Aber das dauert noch, bis es wirklich sicher ist.

Viele Grüße
Ihr KJ-Team

Translation:

Dear Sir -----,
The one thing (US Tour) has nothing to do with the other (European Tour).
Probably they will come to Germany next year. But it will take time until it is really safe .

Best regards

Yours KJ-Team

And that's a really faithfull source. ;-)
So we will have to wait.

Cheers

Ulrich

Quote from: Tivoli-Bratwurst on November 12, 2015, 12:00:47Just wanted to let you know what Karsten Jahnke (remember, the german concert director) replied to me concerning of a european/german tour in 2016...

Thank you very much for sharing this reply with us.   :smth023

Got to admit I always thought IF there'll be a European tour 2016, it won't be announced this month. Look towards early next year, maybe then there'll be a first announcement.

cheyler

Safe?  Does he mean literally safe because of the bombing of the Russian airliner?  Or is there some difficulty translating the word 'safe' from German to English as there is with some words?

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on November 12, 2015, 23:00:39
Safe?  Does he mean literally safe...

No. That was "lost in translation". The word we look for should be "certain" or "sure".

In other words: the tour agency Karsten Jahnke can not give any confirmation so far, but it looks like negotiations are on their way (to me it sounds like it).

cheyler

u-a-b-f

Quote from: Tivoli-Bratwurst on November 12, 2015, 12:00:47
Hello again. Just wanted to let you know what Karsten Jahnke (remember, the german concert director) replied to me concerning of a european/german tour in 2016:

-------

Lieber Herr -----,
das eine hat mit dem anderen nichts zu tun.
Vermutlich werden Sie in nächsten Jahr nach Deutschland kommen. Aber das dauert noch, bis es wirklich sicher ist.

Viele Grüße
Ihr KJ-Team

Translation:

Dear Sir -----,
The one thing (US Tour) has nothing to do with the other (European Tour).
Probably they will come to Germany next year. But it will take time until it is really safe .

Best regards

Yours KJ-Team

And that's a really faithfull source. ;-)
So we will have to wait.

Cheers

:roll:

Tivoli-Bratwurst

Hm? Do you think I´m trolling or something? Sorry for the bad translation, Ulrich thankfully corrected it.

btw:

The Cure now are listet at the Mainpage of german eventim for the "Ticketalarm" (you have to scroll down a little bit).

http://www.eventim.de/tickets.html?affiliate=EVE

Have a great weekend

u-a-b-f

Quote from: Tivoli-Bratwurst on November 20, 2015, 19:41:07
Hm? Do you think I´m trolling or something? Sorry for the bad translation, Ulrich thankfully corrected it.

btw:

The Cure now are listet at the Mainpage of german eventim for the "Ticketalarm" (you have to scroll down a little bit).

http://www.eventim.de/tickets.html?affiliate=EVE

Have a great weekend

Nope, doesn't mean you are trolling. Just mean that Karsten Jahnke tells you there is nothing to be said but this hasn't to be true. I don't think they'd give out informations that aren't allowed to be released.

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich