The Cure in Orange 2016

Started by dsanchez, October 17, 2015, 13:46:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Note that I fixed the "quote" in your post...

Quote from: cheyler on October 28, 2015, 07:38:44The next few months are going to be a lot of fun, seeing what shakes out, what turns out to be true, what turns out to be wrong, and probably a couple of surprises that turn out even better than what we'd hoped.

Yeah. And not to forget the huge disappointments which turn out worse than we'd feared.  :lol:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on October 18, 2015, 14:23:31Thus, they could tour without an album too...
I know that Simon has made a similar remark a couple of years ago,
a strong statement by the way, but I'm not sure if it will fit or work again
in Europe 2016 or even later. Orange would be great as unique or stand alone
show, as mentioned earlier, and not as repeated performance or simple repetition.
With a number of new songs and a modified live show this event will be stunning.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on November 13, 2015, 16:27:45
I know that Simon has made a similar remark a couple of years ago,
a strong statement by the way,but I'm not sure if it will fit or work again
in Europe 2016 or even later.

Well the band announced that "as yet unreleased material" should be performed at the gigs. Thus we can hope for a new album.
But in theory, the Cure could tour with their "greatest hits" for a number of years. Just look at how many bands are on the road without new album (especially nowadays, when album sales aren't what they used to be).
As for Orange, I don't think it'll happen in 2016 (if at all). Maybe they can play in Green instead.  :-D

cheyler

Quote from: Ulrich on October 28, 2015, 09:07:42
Note that I fixed the "quote" in your post...

Quote from: cheyler on October 28, 2015, 07:38:44The next few months are going to be a lot of fun, seeing what shakes out, what turns out to be true, what turns out to be wrong, and probably a couple of surprises that turn out even better than what we'd hoped.

Yeah. And not to forget the huge disappointments which turn out worse than we'd feared.  :lol:

Well, there is that...

Ulrich

Our Admin dsanchez will like this:
http://craigjparker.blogspot.de/2017/03/the-cure-in-orange-with-lol-q-a.html

QuoteFrom Cindy Tolhurst on Facebook:

"Join us on April 21st @7:30 pm for a Special Screening of THE CURE IN ORANGE on 35 mm at the Egyptian Theatre located at 6712 Hollywood Blvd. Lol will be there for a Q & A and to sign copies of his memoir CURED . Event hosted by cinematic void. Look forward to seeing everyone for a fantastic evening!"

cheyler

That's great news, someone had to go make a nice master for use in modern theaters and there's not much of a jump between that and putting it out on dvd.  Looks like we're closer than we've been in a very long time to seeing this released for our consumption!  Can't wait!

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on March 11, 2017, 23:19:58
someone had to go make a nice master for use in modern theaters

Erm, I don't think so, as Cindy Tolhurst said in her post, it's on 35mm, doesn't sound like a "modern copy", so I guess it is an "old-fashioned" cinema.

cheyler

Whether it is or isn't, whether they do or they don't, I'm pretty happy with my dvd, not sure how much better it could get.  Maybe a new mix and/or interviews, something like that.