Torrent download stoped sudenly. What to do?

Started by mauriciocuree, March 27, 2008, 03:04:53

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: mauriciocuree on April 23, 2008, 16:06:09
Yes sorry Steve really sorry
And yes i've sent a PM to Japanesebaby to give an apology and a xplanation about the torrent

Sorry again

an explanation? your explanation was nothing but stupid excuses how you "wanted to upload a test". hey, make me laugh.

oh, and then you even added "and i promise to upload my torrents".

WT...?? you are planning to continue doing this kind of thing? so who's recording you'll butcher next, as "your torrent"? tof's? crowbi's?? :roll:

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

Errr.
Back on topic.
Anyone know why as soon as I have grabbed a torrent off PPTT, even if I leave it to seed, no takers? :roll:
I want to stick to the rules (not like some that we seem to have discovered ahem...) & seed back what I have leeched at least.
But if there are no takers, what's a boy to do?

BTW.
If anyone has read the above posts, then this is yet another reason shows will simply not see the light of day, so take note & certainly don't sh!t on your own doorstep like this guy seems to have done.

Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Steve on April 23, 2008, 21:32:21
Anyone know why as soon as I have grabbed a torrent off PPTT, even if I leave it to seed, no takers? :roll:
I want to stick to the rules (not like some that we seem to have discovered ahem...) & seed back what I have leeched at least.
But if there are no takers, what's a boy to do?

I'd suggest that you just continue to seed it.  There's been torrents I've seeded for a month without any activity, then one day someone comes leeching.  I don't recall how many torrents you're allowed to seed on PPTT, but believe it's 10 on dime.  That should give you plenty of wiggle room to seed a few older shows and stay current with the new ones.  If you do end up removing the torrent, keep an eye on the torrents that need seeders.  Maybe you'll be able to help someone out.  Also, leave a comment.  Many torrents may have been forgotten about and a comment would make it known that it's there.  Back on PPTC, japanesebaby and I would often both jump on an old torrent at the same time or if we saw one person leeching, we'd hop on as well.  Not sure if we were meaning to grab the same stuff, but it sure saved our ratios and netted us a lot of those older shows that seem to get overlooked.  One more thing to keep in mind, check to see if the show is available elsewhere.  If something is on dime I'm more likely to grab it there.  There's also a greater chance of someone leeching it later on from dime due to the greater number of members.

Steve

Thanks for the tip(s)
I'll stick with it & hope someone pops in & says "hey, I'm having that" etc.
Cheers.

s
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php