A Boy I Never Knew

Started by devoblue, October 22, 2007, 07:33:51

Previous topic - Next topic

LuvURobert

:smth023 Thank you, j ~ for sharing that song!  It is so unbelievably sad, I love it!!  Thanks again!  :smth001
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

Sussex

Quote from: Cure Freak on October 22, 2007, 13:13:41
Such a sad and beautiful song.
and somewhat personal to me.
even though it is about a a boy/son.
My daughter passed away 6 years ago.
and listening to this song, brought tears to my eyes.

Sorry to hear that curefreak..
Hopefully shes happy wherever she is right now..
May God bless her..
"Thick As Shit"

ROGUE

It is so beautiful and touching.

Lots luv to you Cure Freak :smth058

scatcat

Cure Freak, I am sad too,you are not alone :smth049 it does make me cry this new song, as soon as I heard it,
I have lost a son myself, it makes you think... and remember. The pain is always with you. It is a broken heart. I wonder if this happened to Robert? To feel this?
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

CureCrusader

This is really sad. Beautiful, but sad. :( :smth001
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Cure Freak

Quote from: j on October 22, 2007, 14:59:57

Sorry to hear that....I can't even imagine the emotion that a song like this would evoke in your situation.  My 4 year old was not breathing on her own for the first 10 minutes of her life.  It was devastating watching the doctor trying to get her to breath on her own.  I was convinced that she wasn't going to make it, but after 5 days in Natal Intensive Care, she finally pulled through.  Had she not made it, I'd probably be a wreck listening to this!
You are so lucky and very fortunate that she survived. Treasure every moment you have with her and your other childern. Because, one day, they maybe gone from your life forever. But remain in your heart. And I hope that day never comes to you or anyone on here, who have children.

Thank you so much silversand, boneheadhaggar, LuvURobert, Sussex, B-Flower, ROGUE and scatcat.
Ans scatcat, so sorry for your loss. The pain is always there. But  just have to keep going somehow. And not think so much on the loss, but to treasure the moments you had together. Their smile, their laughter.     

disintegration

I'm sorry for your daughter!  :(
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

boneheadhaggar

sorry for your loss also scatcat, I really cant imagine life without my boys, it is heartbreaking to hear of parents losing a child :cry:
its nice to be nice

silversand

Quote from: scatcat on October 23, 2007, 07:46:23
Cure Freak, I am sad too,you are not alone :smth049 it does make me cry this new song, as soon as I heard it,
I have lost a son myself, it makes you think... and remember. The pain is always with you. It is a broken heart. I wonder if this happened to Robert? To feel this?

I'm sorry to hear that about your loss scatcat  :(
A big :smth056 to you scatcat

strange_day

This song evokes a lot of empathy in me for some reason, being 19 years old i cant really begin to imagine what the loss of a child is like. Thats always been the strongest thing about this band, they can somehow identify with very personal feelings.

Im sorry to hear about your losses curefreak and scatcat, i dont think anyone can begin to imagine dealing with something like that, serious respect to you.

If they can keep making music as powerful as this, i'll never grow tired of listening to them.

LuvURobert

QuoteCure Freak, I am sad too,you are not alone :smth049 it does make me cry this new song, as soon as I heard it,

Hi, Scatcat.  I am truly sorry to hear that you've also lost a child.  That is so tragic for the both of you.  I know nothing will make your hearts heal completely, but wish I could give you some big hugs as well!! Isn't it funny how many of their songs can make us feel like crying because we can relate them to a private part of our lives?  I guess that's what I like about them so much.  :smth001

Big hugs to you, scatcat!!!   :smth056
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

Janko

I'M NOT THAT MAD ABOUT THIS SONG

MAYBE BECAUSE I EXPECTED SOMETHING SPECTACULAR (BACAUSE OF A MYTH THAT WAS BUILT UP THESE YEARS)
BUT I FEEL LIKE IT'S A "BLOODFLOWERS" FILLER SONG
IT'S NOT BAD BUT IT'S NOT TOO EXCELLENT EITHER
ALSO, IT MAKES ME THINK OF "GOING NOWHERE"
NICE, LITTLE SONG THAT FITS NEATLY AS A B SIDE...

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Steve

I liked the song a lot.
Better than that Please Project number.
& yeah, it could easily be off Bloodflowers ( at least not WMS eh? ;)), but remember it's an early live version, so the studio version could blow us a away.
However, saying that, the studio version of Bloodflowers pales into the distance once you've heard the live version on Trilogy really (IMHO).
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Cure Freak

Quote from: strange_day on October 24, 2007, 00:15:38
This song evokes a lot of empathy in me for some reason, being 19 years old i cant really begin to imagine what the loss of a child is like. Thats always been the strongest thing about this band, they can somehow identify with very personal feelings.

Im sorry to hear about your losses curefreak and scatcat, i dont think anyone can begin to imagine dealing with something like that, serious respect to you.

If they can keep making music as powerful as this, i'll never grow tired of listening to them.

THank you.
And I have to agre, that they have a way of identifing with one's personal feelings. And that is why I love them this band so much.

Janko

Quote from: Steve on October 26, 2007, 09:10:17

... so the studio version could blow us a away.

DIDNT THEY RECORD IT DURING SESSIONS WITH ROSS ROBINSON?

:lol:
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason