What made you annoyed today?

Started by Aarna, July 01, 2007, 19:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Customers eh?
Can't kill 'em..... :roll:. Just have to smile & try to disarm them before they get into their stride.

For me, I got 3 more of those bl00dy irritating (possibly spyware riddled) e-xmas cards.
:evil:
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

scatcat

sore fingers ..  :smth011

playing too long on my guitar .. :smth035
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Janko

Quote from: scatcat on December 22, 2007, 14:31:49

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT...

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

scatcat

Quote from: Janko on December 22, 2007, 16:07:17
Quote from: scatcat on December 22, 2007, 14:31:49

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT...

:smth023

I was practicing soooo much.. that's why they are sooo sore!!
I suppose I can't be perfect yet...  :cry:

I will persist!  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

Quote from: Janko on December 18, 2007, 13:12:54
WOKE UP WITH A SORE THROAT AND A RUNNY NOSE

Me too!...I was with cold from 17 to 19 december.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

LuvURobert

:smth011 I'm annoyed today because the weather is soooo cold and blistery out!! Yesterday was a balmy 48 degrees, and today I think the high is supposed to be 21.

YUCK!  :smth019
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

melly

A little boy, new to the street, was riding his two-wheeler bike in our driveway..we live at the back of a small estate type set up, so there's a long driveway to our and next doors' place.... the litte fella saw me, rode over and started to have a chat, as little boys do...I found out he was 7 years old, his name, you know, all the things small people like to tell you!! He started to ride out of the driveway, yelling " Watch me, I can ride really fast!"..I called out " Be CAREFUL" as he came flying up the drive...sure enough, the inevitable happened, the bike went out from underneath him, and the poor little shit skidded along the asphalt.. as I ran out of the front gate to help him, he stood up, sobbing, saying "Oh NO look what I've done"..his knobbly little knees were red raw, both elbows and the palms of his hands bleeding and battered. I picked his bike up, and said " C'mon, I'll take you home to your Mum".."Mum's working" he said," just her boyfriend is home"...I asked him if this person would help him, and he replied " I think so"...I watched him limp home, still crying, and my mind flashed back to many years ago, the skun knees, bloodied elbows and broken bikes... the cries of " MUMMMMM" as he came thru the door,sobbing, bloodied...the bowl of lukewarm water with a splash of "Dettol", gently sponged over all the broken skin...the familiar and soothing smell of antiseptic wafting through the house as I bathed his " wounds"...the half a packet of "Bandaids" used to cover every section of broken skin ( he insisted on total coverage!!), the sobbing abating, telling me exactly what happened...a cool cloth to wipe the tear stained faced, and a hug..always a hug...and the "Be careful" as he ran out the door, to resume his dare-devil stunts...all patched up, feeling better and recovered. As I watched this little boy from across the street go home, the boyfriend came out the front door, stretching, yawning, as if he had just woken from a nap..the little one still crying, he walked straight past the boyfriend, who sat on the front porch and lit a cigarette. The little boy went into the house, alone..the boyfriend stayed on the porch...I felt like yelling ' He's HURT you ba**ard, help him!"..but, looking at this man, I predicted at the very least, a mouthful of abuse hurled at my interference. I know what it's like to be a "single" mum of a young one, working every hour I could, to make ends meet and keep a roof over my head..but for this man to just ignore the little fella, bloodied and crying, made my blood boil. Not a kind word, a cool cloth to wipe the tears, nothing. I came inside, angry, sad and disappointed at this person. It annoyed me alright..  :smth011
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

scatcat

Quote from: melly on December 30, 2007, 02:57:09
I know what it's like to be a "single" mum of a young one, working every hour I could, to make ends meet and keep a roof over my head..but for this man to just ignore the little fella, bloodied and crying, made my blood boil. Not a kind word, a cool cloth to wipe the tears, nothing. I came inside, angry, sad and disappointed at this person. It annoyed me alright..  :smth011

I understand, melly. I would probably have yelled, as I do, regardless of my own personal safety..  :?  I feel like yelling from here..   :twisted:
poor little boy... makes your heart bleed, as a mum.  :cry:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Steve

Bl00dy queue in the post office.
What. Does everyone wait for me to go & then all pile in in front of me?
Cheers
Steve

melly

Quote from: Steve on January 02, 2008, 19:44:47
Bl00dy queue in the post office.
What. Does everyone wait for me to go & then all pile in in front of me?

Yep..they do!! Then they telephone my local post office, telling them I'm on the way and to ring around and invite the whole town in to have a chat... 

and I'm starting to think the people who took over our post office have sent my secret friend parcel via pigeon... or they are delivering it by hand.... :roll: 
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Carnage Visor

Some a-hole just re-joined my other forum and is already teasing me and hinting at worse to come...(we had a bad history)

He thinks he's just so hilarious and smart, and that anyone who disagrees with him is a moron and has the right to be humiliated and picked on by him. And the worst yet...everyone else likes him. So gosh, I have nobody to back me up here, and he makes me look like a jerk in front of everyone.

And things were getting better...not for long... :(

melly

Quote from: Carnage Visor on January 06, 2008, 00:38:41
Some a-hole just re-joined my other forum and is already teasing me and hinting at worse to come...(we had a bad history)

He thinks he's just so hilarious and smart, and that anyone who disagrees with him is a moron and has the right to be humiliated and picked on by him. And the worst yet...everyone else likes him. So gosh, I have nobody to back me up here, and he makes me look like a jerk in front of everyone.

Hey, don't fret about it...if he comes up, saying rude stuff to/about you, just type " whatever"....if he continues, just make some remark ,like " sticks and stones dude"..( you know...sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me)..he will tire of baiting you if you don't over-react...just carry on as usual, DO NOT become a victim...bullies get bored with people who fail to react as they want...you say you had a bad history...if you like, you can always say something like " I know we haven't gotten on in the past, but hey, I've moved on, life's too short you know"...disarm him..take away his self righteous "power" he thinks he has... you'll be fine CV...don't worry too much about it..ok??  ;)

Steve

Quote from: melly on January 06, 2008, 09:35:39

Hey, don't fret about it...if he comes up, saying rude stuff to/about you, just type " whatever"....if he continues, just make some remark ,like " sticks and stones dude"..( you know...sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me)..he will tire of baiting you if you don't over-react...just carry on as usual, DO NOT become a victim...bullies get bored with people who fail to react as they want...you say you had a bad history...if you like, you can always say something like " I know we haven't gotten on in the past, but hey, I've moved on, life's too short you know"...disarm him..take away his self righteous "power" he thinks he has... you'll be fine CV...don't worry too much about it..ok??  ;)

Alternatively, send us your login details & we'll bombard him with abuse for you  ;)
Cheers
Steve

robiola

Quote from: Steve on January 06, 2008, 09:46:03
Quote from: melly on January 06, 2008, 09:35:39

Alternatively, send us your login details & we'll bombard him with abuse for you  ;)

:smth043 :smth045 it could work! And it would probably be fun :smth077

scatcat

Quote from: Steve on January 06, 2008, 09:46:03

Quote from: robiola on January 06, 2008, 11:29:14
:smth043 :smth045 it could work! And it would probably be fun :smth077

:D :-D  very, very wicked!!!  ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life