What made you annoyed today?

Started by Aarna, July 01, 2007, 19:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

robiola

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 28, 2008, 01:44:21
I was eating some (extremely hot) salsa tonight, and apparently still had a little bit on my finger when I proceeded to put my finger in my eye.  :smth088

Let me tell you, it really wasn't the best experience...

My son touched something really spicy when he was little (I don't recall what it was) and then proceeded to pick his nose... Let me tell you, it sure works much better than "No no honey we don't stick our fingers up our noses cause it's not polite" -- he never went digging for gold up his nostrils again.

scatcat

Quote from: robiola on March 28, 2008, 10:47:46
Quote from: lostflower4 on March 28, 2008, 01:44:21
I was eating some (extremely hot) salsa tonight, and apparently still had a little bit on my finger when I proceeded to put my finger in my eye.  :smth088

Let me tell you, it really wasn't the best experience...

My son touched something really spicy when he was little (I don't recall what it was) and then proceeded to pick his nose... Let me tell you, it sure works much better than "No no honey we don't stick our fingers up our noses cause it's not polite" -- he never went digging for gold up his nostrils again.

tears in my eyes..    :smth042 : how to stop  your child from picking their nose?... just put chilli on their fingers.  :smth043 
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

robiola

Quote from: scatcat on March 29, 2008, 02:53:38
tears in my eyes..    :smth042 : how to stop  your child from picking their nose?... just put chilli on their fingers.  :smth043 
Let's hear it for unorthodox parenting.

I'm annoyed today because this mornign at 5 while I was going to work I found a kitty that had been hit by a car. I picked her up and took her to the vet, and it looks like there's a good chance she'll make it. But what I can't understand how someone can hit a kitten and then just drive off leaving her in the middle of the road to die. :smth011
She's such a cute little bugger!

sues777

Quote from: robiola on March 30, 2008, 00:45:48
I'm annoyed today because this mornign at 5 while I was going to work I found a kitty that had been hit by a car. I picked her up and took her to the vet, and it looks like there's a good chance she'll make it. But what I can't understand how someone can hit a kitten and then just drive off leaving her in the middle of the road to die. :smth011
She's such a cute little bugger!

Well done robiola!!  Thanks to you that little kitten now has a good chance of surviving!!   :smth023
I'm with you - I just don't understand how people can hurt animals and just leave them to die.  It makes me feel physically ill..and really, really sad..... :smth011
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

melly

some people have no regard for any life but their own...what bastards leaving a kitten injured...GggrRRrrr...

well, I have been prattling on about how much we need rain, was becoming frightening actually, no exagerations. We have had some decent downpours the last 2 days, which is great, really is..... BUT
do we have to have gale force winds with it??!!!
I kid you not, the wind is raging, full on, blowing our outdoor setting around like it is built of matchsticks. Trees have fallen ( not in our garden), taking out homes, crushing cars, causing unbelievable havoc. The windows are rattling as I type this!!
Just wanted some rain thanks Mother Nature.
Don't mean to sound like an ingrate but we really can live without the fear of our roof blowing off and landing in the next township!!   :smth099
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

dsanchez

Quote from: scatcat on March 12, 2008, 16:05:19
annoyed today.. well.. dsanchez's   "Karma"  keeps going down.
WTF!!

Hey Lara, just readed this today, thanks for your concern!

I was checking the system and noticed someone was giving me bad karma everytime he logged in :shock: (so basically -1 per day). We banned him for two weeks (hoping that we will learn the lesson!), so hopefully my karma will be stable.

This feature shouldnt be used to give more or less points based on if you like or not the person, but rather on their contribution to the forum. Seems some don't understand this very well, but hopefully we can always check if someone is abusing of this feature...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

~*CherryRed*~

My toes are cold, and thus the rest of me feels frozen! If I go and stick my toes in front of the fire, I'll get chilblains. So that annoys me at present.  :smth011
"prone to flights of whimsy"

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on April 02, 2008, 11:05:39
Quote from: scatcat on March 12, 2008, 16:05:19
annoyed today.. well.. dsanchez's   "Karma"  keeps going down.
WTF!!

Hey Lara, just readed this today, thanks for your concern!

I was checking the system and noticed someone was giving me bad karma everytime he logged in :shock: (so basically -1 per day). We banned him for two weeks (hoping that we will learn the lesson!), so hopefully my karma will be stable.

i find it pretty amazing that some people who don't really seem to be fans of the band anymore (and also make it pretty clear to everyone around them) still bother to come here anyway, mostly just to tell other people here that they also should stop being fans of this band now and that everyone should just get it that being a fan is really not worth it anymore - capiche? because that's just the way it is, obviously they are convinced that it must be the universal truth - because they themselves are not fans of this band anymore and that alone should prove it!
and ok i'm well aware that it's not my business what these kind of people do with their spare time, but i just find it surprising (and a bit sad, really) that they can't find anything better to do/with which to fill up their days. obviously. :roll:

on-topic: i'm annoyed because i very likely won't have any days off from work until sometime in mid-june. it feels like a hundred years...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

silversand

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 03, 2008, 00:38:21

i find it pretty amazing that some people who don't really seem to be fans of the band anymore (and also make it pretty clear to everyone around them) still bother to come here anyway, mostly just to tell other people here that they also should stop being fans of this band now and that everyone should just get it that being a fan is really not worth it anymore - capiche? because that's just the way it is, obviously they are convinced that it must be the universal truth - because they themselves are not fans of this band anymore and that alone should prove it!
and ok i'm well aware that it's not my business what these kind of people do with their spare time, but i just find it surprising (and a bit sad, really) that they can't find anything better to do/with which to fill up their days. obviously. :roll:

on-topic: i'm annoyed because i very likely won't have any days off from work until sometime in mid-june. it feels like a hundred years...

I'm sorry that you won't have any days off until mid-june japanesbaby.
I can understand that it feels for you like a hundred years :)

to the subject:

This is what i'm asking myself. Why are former fans are coming to fan forums and tell them how bad the band is and that it isn't worth it to listen to them anymore? I can understand when someone was a big fan of the band and is disappointed and don't like them anymore. It is sad, but their own decision.
If i don't like the band anymore i wouldn't come to a fan forum anymore.

Hope it came out right what i wanted to say :)

sues777

I hurt my back at the gym the other night.  I doesn't really hurt that much, just feels stiff, but it turns out I've pinched a nerve.  I'm now under orders to do nothing more strenuous than walking for the next few days.  I'm sooo annoyed at myself - mustn't have paid attention to what I was doing for just a second and look at what I've gone and done  :smth011
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

melly

At the risk of being beaten up by all the cat owners here.... why is it ok for someone elses pet to poop in my front garden?  We are surrounded by cats, and they use my front garden as a toilet. I have scattered, soaked, sprayed and planted just about everything to try and keep them out. But still they poop. Huge mounds of stinky. I have let my dogs out the front to chase the offenders, but of course, I am not up at dawn when the cats are prowling.  I eyeball next doors cat when I see it lazily walking along the driveway, it looks at me with such disdain, blinking slowly as it saunters off. I like cats. I do. But I don't like someone elses pet crapping in my yard. If we let our 2 dogs roam and pooh all over others yards, there would be such a hue and cry! But cats? they go where they want to go, when they want to. And they poop. In other peoples' gardens. Next doors cat has bigger pooh than one of my dogs. Not bigger than one of my dogs silly, bigger than a pooh one of my dogs do. And don't believe they bury their poop either. A quick scratch of the dirt and drop their bums. That's it. If they actually dug a hole, say, 4 inches deep, then covered it up well, I guess I could live with that. But they don't.
So, I don't know what the answer is here, I certainly would never, ever, hurt any animal, let's get that clear. I used to have a cat. And he pooped in someone elses garden. I didn't mind at all, at least he wasn't pooping in mine.
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

feebee42

Oh dear, Melly - cat poop in the garden  :smth011
I have three cats, all indoor, so they don't bother anyone else, dig up their gardens or catch birds. (We live by a very busy road, so I'm taking no chances.)
One thing I read some time ago - if you live close to a zoo, you can ask for some free lion poop to spread over your flower beds. The smell keeps other animals away.
Sure, I know it's not easy to get hold of lion poop, LOL, but it's supposed to work really well  :-D

Anyway, what made me annoyed today? Just got some test results back from the doc, and I have to go back to hospital for yet more tests, and probably an op too. Blah.  :(
There is no end to the stars and the wind.
There is only you yourself,
who aren't who you think you are.

robiola

Quote from: feebee42 on April 14, 2008, 15:34:31
Oh dear, Melly - cat poop in the garden  :smth011
I have three cats, all indoor, so they don't bother anyone else, dig up their gardens or catch birds. (We live by a very busy road, so I'm taking no chances.)
One thing I read some time ago - if you live close to a zoo, you can ask for some free lion poop to spread over your flower beds. The smell keeps other animals away.
Sure, I know it's not easy to get hold of lion poop, LOL, but it's supposed to work really well  :-D

Anyway, what made me annoyed today? Just got some test results back from the doc, and I have to go back to hospital for yet more tests, and probably an op too. Blah.  :(

Several comments here.
1. I have three indoor cats too! So they only kill our plants and nobody else's, and we are the only ones who have to handle their poop, even when they occasionally plop it somehwere other than the litterbox, usually in order to let us know we have somehow displeased them.
2. I'm sure melly is calling all the zoos in Australia to see when she can get her first shipment of lion doo-doo so she can fill her garden with big-cat waste in order to avoid having-little cat waste. :smth043 (I don't mean to tease... But the concept just struck me as being really hilarious!)
3. Argh... doctors, tests, hospitals, more tests... I certainly hope it's nothing serious... Best of luck.

Me, today I am annoyed (well, actually really depressed) because... elections in Italy are over. And, obviously, the results are not what I hoped.  :smth011

melly

Hmmm..lions poop you say?? Actually, I read that when I was trying to find solutions to the cat pooping problem on the internet. As Robiola says, kinda weird replacing relatively small poops with gigantic ones. Would smell fairly bad too. With them being such enormous carnivores. I nearly got peed on by a lion, at the zoo. So close. If it wasn't for my Dad screaming "LOOK OUT" I would have been drenched with lion pee. Dirty cat. I had my back to the lion enclosure, and one of the dastardly felines backed up to the bars. Aiming right for me. I didn't know they peed backwards. You learn something every day. Still have the problem, with the local cats, and it annoys me. I wish the people who owned them were great cat owners like the people here, and kept their cats inside. But I guess the litter tray would pong. With all that poop. *sigh*

Steve

Good cat owners should let their cats outside from time to time.
I think the Lion's pooh theory is that it scares domestic cats away (unless of course they have no sense of smell)*cue joke "I say I say I say, my cat's got no nose". "Really? How does he smell?". "Terrible!"*.... (i'll get my coat.... :oops:)

What annoyed me today is people who think they have the divine right to assume they are always correct & refuse to allow another's thought/ opinion to have any standing whatsoever. :evil:
I am getting increasingly fed up with sanctomonious know-it-alls, who think they are god & that no-one else can have an opinion. :smth011

There. Said it. :-D
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php