What do you want for Christmas?

Started by Yanna Sometimes, December 18, 2007, 05:31:00

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

nothing.
i think people buying lots of gifts/expecting other people to buy a lot of gifts is so futile. i never buy anything to anyone (and everyone i know knows that) and i don't expect to receive anything from anyone. over the years i've lost some friends (or, should i say "friends") because of this, because people were insulted that i didn't buy them any presents - hey, wtf?? whatever.

this year especially, the whole christmas consumption madness has made me extra sick - i used to bear it somehow but this year i just couldn't stand any of it. i went to the shopping mall once, two weeks before christmas, and i started getting physically sick, like i was going to throw up. it's just "give me this, give me that" I want this, I want that". everything's screaming "CONSUME CONSUME BUYBUYBUYMOREMOREMORE" at your face, everywhere you go. it's just a totally mindless, totally soulless and so totally goddamn unnecessary. it's mostly people wrapping up their own greed on this nice package.
i freaking hate christmas for all that. it's all so futile.

the only good thing about christmas is that i get 2 1/2 weeks holidays from work - so thank you baby jesus for that haha :-P
and it's nice to relax a bit, have some good food with the family, spend a few quiet days away from everything etc. but that's it.
for me, everything else about christmas sucks BIG time.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine