Fields of the Nephilim European Tour 2010

Started by dsanchez, January 11, 2010, 13:37:09

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Everything's fine in Porto, nice weather (15 C) and posters from Fields of the Nephilim all over the city.

Yesterday I was with Druide and another Nephilim fan for a dinner and then some beers in a bar right in front of the venue. Looking forward tonight! :smth020

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Druide

Hi folks.

sit tight! Something huge is coming up the horizon!

As the official press release will follow later today, I just wanted to inform you in advance that you have some serious appointment for christmas 2010!!!

Still early in the year but already confirmed: The Nephs will headline the Christmas Ball Festivals in Cologne, Würzburg and Berlin, from 27th till 29th December!

Cheers
Ritti

OK, here´s the press release with the relevant info.

"Last December more than 4.000 enthusiastic fans experienced a musical Christmas celebration of a special kind with the Christmas Ball Festivals. Enthralling concerts in Cologne and Würzburg, a sold out venue in Hannover and top-class live acts, guaranteed for three evenings that left no wishes unfulfilled.

In 2010 the Christmas Ball Festivals are heading for the German clubs again. In addition to the known stations, Berlin will join the tour for the first time. This year the tour starts on 26.12. at the Capitol Hannover. On 27.12. the festival trek will join their new Headliner in Cologne´s Theater am Tanzbrunnen, followed up by the Posthalle in Würzburg on 28.12., before on 29.12. the final Showdown in Berlin takes place at "Huxley´s Neue Welt".

Showdown is almost a perfect prompt for the headlining act at the Christmas Ball Festivals 2010 in Cologne, Würzburg and Berlin: FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM!

,,Carl McCoy is god!!!", these were the words of the inspired fan, who was given the opportunity to announce his heroes on-stage at the Amphi Festival 2009. Indeed the exceptional British band, lead by their majestic ceremonial master Carl McCoy, hasn´t lost the tiniest piece of fascination in over 25 years. Instead, like a precious wine, they evolved to a state of near perfection. Powerful, intense and full of magic, the well chosen concerts of the ,,NEPHS" are more than ever inspiring experiences for eyes, ears and soul, which catch you from the first moment, taking you on a journey into their world.

Copied many times, but never quite reached the next band of the Christmas Ball 2010 remains unique as well: PROJECT PITCHFORK. Thus the hanseatic are always on spot when it comes to clothing philosophical themes into a powerful, danceable web of sounds. At times uncompromisingly straightforward, then again on a well chosen detour around the core, Peter Spilles and his crew are masters of a well-crafted symbiosis of driving electronic sounds, garnished with gritty industrial riffs.

Looking at LAIBACH, the third band in the bundle, words won´t suffice to describe their style. Apart from all conventions the slovenian artist collective wanders a path between post-industrial elements, EBM, the spirit of the 1980´s (,,Opus Dei", ,,Alle gegen Alle", ,,The Final Countdown") and an enormous amount of courage to take on unconventional concepts, such as the re-interpretation of various national anthems (,,Volk"), or their effort ,,Laibachkunstderfuge", paying tribute to the original works of Johann Sebastian Bach.

For a well-tempered start, the opening of the Christmas Ball Festivals 2010 is left to the young and the wild. Thus Berlin´s ,,Aggro-Disco"-kings AGONOIZE are also waiting to be let of the chain, like FADERHEAD from Hamburg, who recently stirred up the clubs with their latest smasher "TZDV (Tanz! Zwo Drei Vier)".

After the live-shows the DJ´s take over the dancefloor for the official Aftershowparty. Further info will be announced soon.

Important note: for the first show of the Christmas Ball Festivals 2010 at the Capitol Hannover there will be a different programme. Instead of FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM a different but equally exciting headliner will be announced soon. Hence FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM are not playing in Hannover!!!

All dates of the Christmas Ball Festivals 2010 read as follows:

26.12.2010 – The Christmas Ball 2010 – Hannover, Capitol

Programme: exclusive headliner (tba) – Project Pitchfork
Laibach – Agonoize – Faderhead

Doors open: 17:30 o´clock, Begin: 19:00 o´clock
Tickets: 30,00 € plus charges / Box office: increased price

27.12.2010 – The Christmas Ball 2010 – Cologne, Theater am Tanzbrunnen
Programme: Fields of the Nephilim – Project Pitchfork

28.12.2010 – The Christmas Ball 2010 – Würzburg, Posthalle

29.12.2010 – The Christmas Ball 2010 – Berlin, Huxley´s Neue Welt

The original-design Christmas Ball tickets are exclusively on pre-sale now at the Amphi Ticketshop https://ssl.webpack.de/synotec-newmedia ... lcome.html. Further Christmas Ball tickets are available on http://www.dark-ticket.de, by phone on +49 (0)1805- 568200 (14 cent/Min. from the german fixed network), as well as on all nationwide CTS/EVENTIM, Ticketmaster and Ticket-Online box offices.

For additional info about the Christmas Ball Festivals 2010 please check http://www.christmasball-festival.de and http://www.protain.de/deutsch/festivals.html.

:smth023 :smth023 :smth023
...Dancing in my pocket...

Druide

jmusiclover

It's good that they've announced another live date, but I don't understand why they play these 'Metal' festivals.

Druide

Quote from: jmusiclover on February 27, 2010, 18:29:29
It's good that they've announced another live date, but I don't understand why they play these 'Metal' festivals.

Cos to the Zoon Album maybe and the new manager... so i'll be there for sure... :D

jmusiclover

Quote from: Druide on February 27, 2010, 20:27:53Cos to the Zoon Album maybe and the new manager... so i'll be there for sure... :D
Hmm, mebbe. I never really listen to Zoon. Well enjoy the gig if you go, I'm still hoping for a proper Neph tour :-D