The Cure to release new singles

Started by dsanchez, May 03, 2008, 19:25:08

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

from thecure.com

THE CURE TO RELEASE NEW SINGLES THE 13TH OF EACH MONTH LEADING UP TO THE RELEASE OF THEIR 13TH STUDIO ALBUM

BAND GEARS UP FOR US TOUR KICKING OFF MAY 9TH

Santa Monica, California, May 1, 2008- The Cure, one of the most revered British bands of the past quarter-century, have unveiled their plans to release four A & B side singles, one each month starting May 13th, leading up to the release of their thirteenth studio album, as yet untitled, which will be out on Suretone/Geffen Records September 13th. It will be the band's first album of new music since 2004’s self titled album The Cure. Physical and digital singles will be available for purchase in store and on all digital partners.

Why the 13th of each month? The forthcoming album is The Cure’s thirteenth studio album... A lucky number indeed!

First single “The Only One” (released May 13th) includes the b-side “NY Trip”; second single “Freakshow” (released June 13th) includes the b-side "All Kinds Of Stuff"; neither b-side will appear on the album. Both tracks were produced by Robert Smith and Keith Uddin. July 13th and August 13th singles will be announced shortly...

The band is currently gearing up for a U.S. tour, kicking off May 9th at the Patriot Center in Washington DC (see below for complete tour itinerary.) 65daysofstatic will open on all dates.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

I was surfing thecure.com and reading this just few seconds ago... :lol:

It's a beautiful sensation listening to "the only one" finally in a studio-version!!! :D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Plainsong

The intro to the song is *so* pretty...I really love it.

rubcure

I know i listened to this song several times but... finally; a studio version suddenly  is so refreshing...  8)
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

melly

Now THAT is great!! lifts the spirits and makes me smile...
take a bow Mr. Smith and co.....  :smth023
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Freakshow

Great song - I can't wait for the single!!!
Show me how you do that trick...

frog_s

*SHIVERS*
This sounds sooo good! And that with the great album artwork indicates something  to come think  :smth023

This feels like the REAL CURE for me!

Hero

It sounds great! I'm so excited now, i pre-ordered it this morning  :smth023

DJscribbles

can anyone please please tell me who did the artwork for the singles and album? i want to know if porl's parched art still does it for the band

i like the studio version alot, but i think they changed the song somewhat as they finalized the details. i prefer the version i heard at download fest because i think the arrangement was better. but teh studio is still great
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

[labyrinth]

the artwork is by Parched Art (then Porl is involved)

dsanchez

It feels like christmas. I'm personally glad to feel the hapiness of the people, and I agree that the song sounds just awesome. The Cure proof once again why the're the best.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Janko

ON BILLBOARD 200

THE END OF THE WORLD PEAKED AT 26 PLACE AND IT WAS 5 WEEKS ON CHARTS

SO

IF THE ONLY ONE  ENTERS TOP 20 IT WILL BE SUCCES!
IF IT ENTERS TOP 10 - THE CURE ARE BACK!

(AND YES, I DONT  CARE FOR MODERN ROCK CHART)

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

becomingwater

how is everyone listening to the single when it is not released yet? :(

j

Quote from: becomingwater on May 06, 2008, 02:48:18
how is everyone listening to the single when it is not released yet? :(

It plays when you visit this page.  If not, try going to www.thecure.com and have your volume on while on the main page

becomingwater

thanks. I am at work and Flash media is blocked:(