2007.10.21 Mexico DF - Palacio de los deportes (Mexico)

Started by dsanchez, August 09, 2007, 23:34:27

Previous topic - Next topic

hertz32

Im hoping to make it Santa Barbara, I've heard very good things about the Cure playing that venue.  I hope to get into recording shows one of these days.  I was looking at one of the show data bases that said someone used an 80 gig ipod to record, the Mexico shows, I believe.  I was wondering how well an ipod works to record shows?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: hertz32 on November 09, 2007, 03:37:57
Im hoping to make it Santa Barbara, I've heard very good things about the Cure playing that venue.  I hope to get into recording shows one of these days.  I was looking at one of the show data bases that said someone used an 80 gig ipod to record, the Mexico shows, I believe.  I was wondering how well an ipod works to record shows?

If you're going to get into recording, best do it soon in order to practice.  Check out taperssection.com and absorb all that you can.  Pretty much any question you could ask has been answered.

hertz32

Quote from: crowbi_wan on November 09, 2007, 03:45:28

If you're going to get into recording, best do it soon in order to practice.  Check out taperssection.com and absorb all that you can.  Pretty much any question you could ask has been answered.
Ok, thanks.  I was looking at it the other night and there was some informative information.  Orginally I was leaning torwards a MD player that a tapetrader buddy recommended, but now I am not so sure. (I should probably take this to the other forum.)

six_different_ways

Quote from: hertz32 on November 09, 2007, 03:47:48

Ok, thanks.  I was looking at it the other night and there was some informative information.  Orginally I was leaning torwards a MD player that a tapetrader buddy recommended, but now I am not so sure. (I should probably take this to the other forum.)

If price is an issue, why not check out the Zoom H2 handheld recorder:
http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/digitalmedia/2007/09/13/review-zoom-h2-surround-recorder.html?page=1
In the US you might get it for below $200. This has a built in mic, which is actually OK. Or you can use it with an external mic.

I've got some Core Sound Binaurals-microphones to sell, if anyone would like to get into taping and need some cheap, but ok mics.

j

Quote from: crowbi_wan on November 09, 2007, 03:21:16

Ah, I diched the iHP and upgraded to an R-9 yesterday and am currently being talked into a Panasonic PV-GS500 3CCD cam : )

Shows I'll be at:

Paris
Chicago (maybe)
Denver
West Valley City
George
Vancouver
Santa Barbara
Los Angeles
San Diego
New York (maybe)

Congrats on the upgrade :smth023.  I need to dump the iRiver as well and may look at an R-9 or the MT 2.  The good thing for me about the MT2 is that I can use my existing CF cards that I use on the MT 1.

And I agree with BC.  Up those shows.  I upped night 1 Mexico and have a nearly complete night 2.  May up that one if there is any interest.  I will be hitting the following shows in 08:

Fairfax
Philly
Dallas
Austin
Houston
New York

I may be able to swing Fort Lauderdale and maybe Chicago as well.

japanesebaby

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 08, 2007, 20:52:23
+because i have a feeling that some sort of general accusations are being thrown into the air here... i'll just add that at least i am not sitting on any secret masters here. the cure hasn't even visited my country ever since WMS which was over ten years ago(!) and sorry i wasn't taping back then because i had no possibilities for it. and as i've never even been to the US in my whole life so no i wasn't taping there in tinley park/phoenix 2004 either.

yet on the less personal level: it's sad to see these certain people leeching and hoarding other people's work there but not bothering to share the slightest bit themselves. and it's sad to hear them even bothering to accuse other people of their sharing/generosity behind the scenes by sending out offensive pms. :roll:
this especially applies to video uploads. 

if these people really can't see the good in what's going on on dime (or, if they only see it as a good opportunity to leech and hoard for themselves), then i'm afraid i have to agree with pooka that indeed it does give a rather sad impression of the community and yes it's hard to think of what else to say.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Or better, take a look at the technical stuff in this area and check the recommendations of other Curefans about taping :smth023

http://www.curefans.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

Quote from: ernest newman on November 07, 2007, 23:58:34

By February when they keep playing these songs all over in the setlists in europe, then nobody will really care anyway

IMHO every concert is different, the crowds, the recordings.. I prefer live recordings over anything mixed in a studio. It brings back memories of what this band can do LIVE.. decades down from where they first started out.. they just keep getting better. Each live recording is different and has unique experiences for those who attended. Not to mention the first-time played new songs from the new album! priceless.
Of course we will look forward to the European concerts and the setlists. Possibly some more new songs.
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

sullen

night 3 master has started it's journey to J's server (thank you!) before it gets to dime,
so it should be available for download within the next few days or so.

this is dedicated to the a****** who is selling the a/v recordings for 300$..

i wish i had brought my camera down,
i could have totally gotten away with it and walked out with 3 complete videos.
with the chaos of the biggest cure fans ive ever seen, and lack of security in the arena those 3 nights would have been no problem.....

oh well, big regrets, but what can i do.

night 3 is a little better quality than night 2 but still not great, because i was still far from the stacks, but it has better clarity to it.

crowbi_wan

Looking forward to hearing night 3.  Much thanks for making it available and not hoarding it and/or ripping people of for $300.  :smth023   

curedtc

Im always wanting more...

hertz32

Thanks for the efforts, looking forward to it aswell. :smth023

krissik

Thanks very much Sullen and J for saving the day and getting the show to us. Its much appreciated here from New Zealand as we don't often get to see The Cure.

billee

Thanks for your efforts sullen. It's much appreciated :D
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

nosigner

[post removed by staff]

it's forbidden to sell bootlegs in Curefans.com!
"looking for love in a trashcan"