Lol about the next year in The Cure

Started by monghi, August 20, 2010, 07:08:29

Previous topic - Next topic

monghi

from COF:

Lol says that Robert has promised him that 'In Orange' will be out on DVD in 2011. Also said that work continues on The Cure @ the BBC box set and that should also be out next year.
He also emailed Robert recently about the possibility of playing some shows together next year for the 30th anniversary of 'Faith', with the original lineup, and says the ball is now in Robert's court.

http://craigjparker.blogspot.com/2010/08/lol-on-part-time-punks.html
i never said i would stay to the end

monghi

and this is correction from Lol over his twitter (http://twitter.com/Levinhurst):

"Just realized looking thru my recent emails from Robert he tells me that he's working on the Cure at the BBC and mixed up remaster..oops!"

and "..Not Cure In Orange as previously reported! But anyway the dvd of it should be out soon enough...."
i never said i would stay to the end

danny999911

Lol I hope he doesn't actually mean a Mixed Up remaster! Mixed up 2 would be nice though, not just the original mixed up tracks remastered lol.

othervoices

A faith 30th anniversary show would be interesting, whatever the line up.

Ulrich

Hm, I don't know about a "Faith" anniversary. Not very fond of these "nostalgia" reunions. As Robert seems happy with the current line-up, I don't think this will happen.

I can probably live without a Mixed Up collectors edition too (no matter if it's new or old remixes).
I'll be waiting for the Wish remaster (+ unreleased tracks) then.  :D

What I'd really like to see is Lol and his Levinhurst band live, if they come to south Germany.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Whiskers

Trust...

A dream ...  :?

I would pay a lot for a FAITH-gig ticket with or without Lol.
But it won't ever be the same as the 30 years old live version in the small venues back in '81 and '82 like this one:

Killing an Arab - The Cure

alwaysprayingforRAIN

i honestly don't think that these 'original lineup' things work. it would make the time that passed even more obvious. a concert would be great though as i have never seen them live...

of course it wouldn't be the same, but since i can't compare that's fine with me!
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Trust...

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on August 25, 2010, 12:12:22
i honestly don't think that these 'original lineup' things work. it would make the time that passed even more obvious. a concert would be great though as i have never seen them live...

I also have my doubts about that ...
How should Robert could say to Jason "hey I just don't need you for this tour, you can come back later"
Personally I don't think this will happen  :?

of course it wouldn't be the same, but since i can't compare that's fine with me!
I'm also not in the position to compare those gigs from the time off the Faith album with the recent Cure, because I was only 3 years old that time  :lol:

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: Trust... on August 25, 2010, 12:17:35

I'm also not in the position to compare those gigs from the time off the Faith album with the recent Cure, because I was only 3 years old that time  :lol:

ha, at least you were alive  :-D

we'll see if this turns out to be something.
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

japanesebaby

Quote from: Ulrich on August 21, 2010, 13:09:44
Hm, I don't know about a "Faith" anniversary. Not very fond of these "nostalgia" reunions.

me neither. when a band starts nostalgisizing it sometimes means they don't have much left to say anymore, only to revert to their old glory days.

but let's imagine it did happen: i would welcome lol back on drums, because at least we'd get rid of jason then!  :-D
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

cats_n_cheese

Lol said on twitter last night that it was misinterpreted

dsanchez

Quote from: cats_n_cheese on August 25, 2010, 13:04:35
Lol said on twitter last night that it was misinterpreted

Not really. what he said is that the title of the article is a bit misleading. Lol's response in his Twitter:

"The Guardian's headline  is a little misleading! I have not asked RS to rejoin the Cure! I have my thing he has his... ..I just thought it'd be fun to play the old songs together again as Michael and I had great time playing the TIB songs this March In Europe"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: kenstee on September 06, 2010, 20:07:31
Orange in DVD very available in DVD on the Net for $10 to $20 US. Very good quality to boot! Google it.

Do you mean the transfer from Laser Disc to DVD? Because that's an unofficial version and people shouldn't pay any money for that.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo