Re-Issues of Disintegration, Wish & Wild Mood Swings

Started by sillyboob, March 30, 2007, 18:05:30

Previous topic - Next topic

lostflower4

I've seen a "remastered" Hilary Duff album that was two years old. :oops:

And there's a German "remaster" of Bloodflowers that came out around 2001. Can't imagine what the difference is...

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 03, 2007, 05:55:31
I've seen a "remastered" Hilary Duff album that was two years old. :oops:

woe to the state of the concept of "remaster" these days...  :roll:
anything and everything with one silly b-side included as a bonus track, with a slightly altered cover art or maybe just with a fancy "special edition!!!" sticker stamped on the jewel case and boom! it already becomes a "remaster".
(or ok ok, maybe some dude fiddled with the equalizer a bit while he was on his lunch break. but anyway.)

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 03, 2007, 05:55:31
And there's a German "remaster" of Bloodflowers that came out around 2001. Can't imagine what the difference is...

i'm just guessing here because i don't own this fancy release, but what if some serial numbers were changed? that very small print on the back cover - i bet one could perhaps even find out, if one used one of these:

(highly essential to the sound quality you know.  :smth023)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Dillinger

wow, that news about orange has really disapointed me  :( i kind of feel like they cheated. does anyone know what specific bits were added in?

lostflower4

Quote from: farquad92 on April 03, 2007, 12:22:37
wow, that news about orange has really disapointed me  :( i kind of feel like they cheated. does anyone know what specific bits were added in?

Everybody "cheats" on official release live stuff. You gotta get used to it. ;)

Janko

Quote from: sillyboob on March 30, 2007, 18:05:30
Where are they?  Anyone out there have any info?

C'mon! You'll have a BRAND NEW ALBUM soon!

PS

Reissues...
I dont care much about them!
And KMKMKM, HOTD and THE TOP wer a bit letdown for me...
So leave DISINTEGRATION, WISH, PARIS, WMS, BF and TC for 2012-2020 or something!
Or when there's a real reason to put them out...
I sure hope they'll listen, because take it or leave it you'll have those reissues every 10-15 years again and again just like Placebo and Duff beer girl...

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

rjl

Quote from: Janko on April 03, 2007, 21:25:08
So leave DISINTEGRATION, WISH, PARIS, WMS, BF and TC for 2012-2020 or something!
Or when there's a real reason to put them out...

But then they'll likely coincide with the release of this new album, and that would be a pretty crowded release schedule.  :lol: They could always release the remasters later this year, or early next year, and then finish this current album by 2012. Maybe wih time it will grow into a triple-CD set or the final part of "The Quadrilogy".

In all seriousness, was there a "real reason" for the other remasters? If they are able to touch up the sound (without cutting off snippets of songs... *cough* Shake Dog Shake *cough* Weedy Burton), slap a bunch of unreleased or non-CD tracks onto a second disc, and shove it into some swanky packaging, I think that's reason enough.

The Top and Seventeen Seconds benefitted greatly from this. Disintegration and Wish probably could, as well. As for WMS and beyond... I'm not so sure.

Dillinger

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 03, 2007, 20:41:16

not every band. it would be different if they had just spliced two shows but an empty venue  :smth011

lostflower4

I don't think they played the second night of "Show" to an empty venue, but the idea had crossed my mind before.

You can find a picture of the ticket here:

http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/1992-07-19.php

Don't know if this is some misleading evidence manufactured by the band? :lol:

rjl

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 03, 2007, 23:37:55
I don't think they played the second night of "Show" to an empty venue, but the idea had crossed my mind before.

You can find a picture of the ticket here:

http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/1992-07-19.php

Don't know if this is some misleading evidence manufactured by the band? :lol:

Well, Andreas must have gotten it from a fan who, presumably, was there. Maybe we should drop him an email and see how good his email record-keeping is.

rjl

Quote from: farquad92 on April 03, 2007, 23:22:56
Quote from: lostflower4 on April 03, 2007, 20:41:16

not every band. it would be different if they had just spliced two shows but an empty venue  :smth011

Yeah, it's silly, but it's also one way to play the songs over and over again (if they were hellbent on using that show's audio, which I guess is a little silly, esp. when mixing more than one show to begin with), as well as have a camera crew running all over the place for close-ups without totally detracting from the show.

Who knows...

Well, someone, I suppose.