2008.02.09 Stockholm - Hovet (Sweden) *Sold Out*

Started by j, September 27, 2007, 16:05:59

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

you're welcome, j.

Quote from: j on February 13, 2008, 01:39:33
By the way, I found a picture of you from outside of the arena in Stockholm. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the Howling Woman!

i wonder what the hell happened to my clothes... i can't remember very clearly... huh? :smth017

"in an instant i couldn't remember anything"
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on February 13, 2008, 02:01:44
you're welcome, j.

Quote from: j on February 13, 2008, 01:39:33
By the way, I found a picture of you from outside of the arena in Stockholm. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the Howling Woman!

i wonder what the hell happened to my clothes... i can't remember very clearly... huh? :smth017

"in an instant i couldn't remember anything"

:shock:

No clothes and you're all dirty.  What the hell happpened in Stockholm?  I think you need to lay off the hooch  :P

j

Ah, yes.  That fine Swedish hooch...I think Marika ordered a few starkol's in Stockholm (if i remember from the last time I was in Sweden, you may not order starkol- beer with greater than 5% alcohol- until after noon). :smth023

scatcat

Quote from: budvarka on February 11, 2008, 19:46:32

you mean Porl or Robert?  Robert looks really unhealthy by look at his face... and body...  but voice sounds great!

No, sorry, i meant Porl.. he's pic here:

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on February 13, 2008, 03:17:10
Ah, yes.  That fine Swedish hooch...I think Marika ordered a few starkol's in Stockholm (if i remember from the last time I was in Sweden, you may not order starkol- beer with greater than 5% alcohol- until after noon). :smth023

wait... it's coming back to me now!: oh yes i think there was this guy in this bar after the show who asked me "what do you want to drink?" and i asked him to recommend something swedish (this is actually true!).
so that was probably it, damnit! :smth011

more videos then, here's that hideous 'freak show' thing :? :shock::

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4281608508073044132

robert tries to dance a bit but i'm not sure if he was very successful, once again...

the same in more proper quality mpeg here (also a bit longer clip, appr. 112 MBs):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0OA43QRS

erpomata

fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi

melly

Have finally got around to taking a look at all of the links supplied... the one David posted of the Cure walking on stage...I remember, in Adelaide, as they walked onto the stage at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, my skin "prickled", my eyes glistened, my heart raced and I felt like a hyperactive child, such excitement unknown to me...the crowd roared and thus began a journey of sheer elation...
thankyou so much to Marika for the links, and everyone else who has downloaded pics and clips...you are amazing...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

scatcat

Quote from: melly on February 15, 2008, 10:24:19
Have finally got around to taking a look at all of the links supplied... the one David posted of the Cure walking on stage...I remember, in Adelaide, as they walked onto the stage at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, my skin "prickled", my eyes glistened, my heart raced and I felt like a hyperactive child, such excitement unknown to me...the crowd roared and thus began a journey of sheer elation...
thankyou so much to Marika for the links, and everyone else who has downloaded pics and clips...you are amazing...

i agree!  :smth023
NOTHING compares to seeing the band live!!  I cry whenever I see clips of them now, since Melbourne.. and I have been to many a concert over the last 25 years ( I am almost 40 now.. :smth011 )
THEY KICK ASS!!!

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

nevyn

am I blind, or the recording of this show did not reach dime, pptt or any other torrent?

Poe

It's been a long time, but I just wanted to add a more personal comment about the concert, nothing advanced.

This was my first Cure concert, and although I'm sure it was far from one of the best of the tour, it was a turning point for me. I went to the concert "just" liking the band, and gradually, over these past two months, I've been growing more and more into a hardcore fan. At the moment, I'm head over heels about them. Could very well be committing for life. :) Thank god Robert didn't pull the plug on The Cure in 2000 (I've heard it was close), I probably wouldn't have truly discovered them. At least not for a long time.

By the way, I've seen clips from some of the other European concerts, and I don't see why people should be so skeptical about this tour. Perhaps the keyboard should be reintroduced and more effort put into making new setlists, but overall, I don't see any major reason to grudge. On the contrary. Like someone mentioned before, tours that don't promote any new album are usually more fun, with a more varied setlist. It gives people who aren't that well acquainted with the band a chance to get to know their music better.

Furthermore, Robert's voice is as good as ever (as well as his dancing skills, hehe), and he can still rock out for more than three hours despite his age. He proves he has the energy to stick with his decision and keep the band up and going. Last but not least, I've heard several people, who have been to quite a few Cure concerts over the years, say that it's nice to see Robert so happy nowadays. Just plain happy.

Guess I'll see him around later this year, if I heard him right at the concert. Glad to still have him and the gang (Roger coming back soon?) around.

[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

japanesebaby

Quote from: Poe on March 28, 2008, 11:35:42
This was my first Cure concert, and although I'm sure it was far from one of the best of the tour, it was a turning point for me. I went to the concert "just" liking the band, and gradually, over these past two months, I've been growing more and more into a hardcore fan. At the moment, I'm head over heels about them. Could very well be committing for life. :) Thank god Robert didn't pull the plug on The Cure in 2000 (I've heard it was close), I probably wouldn't have truly discovered them. At least not for a long time.

[...]

Last but not least, I've heard several people, who have been to quite a few Cure concerts over the years, say that it's nice to see Robert so happy nowadays. Just plain happy.

to remember seeing the band being happy on stage and to read about new people finding the band - both things make me happy today. :D
ok i know i guess i should post to the "what made you happy today?" thread.

to keep it on-topic: you have any (more) pics from the concert?

(ps. welcome to the site, always nice to see some scandinavian colours here ;))

Poe

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 28, 2008, 11:40:57
to remember seeing the band being happy on stage and to read about new people finding the band - both things make me happy today. :D

Aaaw, lovely to hear. Thanks. :-D

Unfortunately I couldn't borrow any camera for that night, so I don't have any pictures of my own. The ones I posted can be found on this site (all free to the public):

http://flickr.com/photos/tags/lastfm%3Aevent%3D362568/

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 28, 2008, 11:40:57
(ps. welcome to the site, always nice to see some scandinavian colours here ;))

Yes, the vikings have arrived. 8)
It's great to be someplace I can share the love of this band with people, my friends will probably just roll their eyes if I start rambling about them again, even if they're fans... ;) Gotta love the old web.

Take care!

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Lady

Thanks to Poe (Edgar Allan's fan? ;))!!!!!

p/s: I have a button-badge with the pic of your avatar, ihihih!!! :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Poe

Quote from: disintegration on March 29, 2008, 10:53:17
Very nice photos, poe!  :smth023

Thank you dear. ;D

From a Swedish newspaper.

Anyone who knows when Simon died his hair dark again, by the way? I'm thinking perhaps he died it blonde especially for the first concerts in the three Scandinavian countries (+ Germany), to blend in, hihi. Simon the Swedish blonde...