Currently Watching

Started by Steve, July 14, 2007, 17:49:04

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

Really impressive shots from 12.06. in Hohn (Schleswig-Holstein). We won't see this diversity again anytime soon, unless...

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

MeltingMan

The purchase price gives hope that the house (Manoir du Leuhan) will not be misused, but will be used for its original purpose as a residential building. Anything else would be a scandal or, even worse, an irretrievable loss. I particularly like the interior.

MeltingMan

Any help will probably come too late here. More details at Blendecques on French Wikipedia.

MeltingMan

The German version of Chickens Come Home (Die Dame auf der Schulter) from 1931 with Stan Laurel, Oliver Hardy, Mae Busch and others.  :D  :smth023

MeltingMan

Quote from: Dr. H. AbramsonA brief overview of Gaza in Jewish history, from the Bronze Age to the present day.

WELT - WAR AGAINST ISRAEL: "The type of killing is also a statement to Western democracies!" - Friedman

I greatly appreciate Mr. Friedman, but I would still like to ask two comments/questions: are anti-Israel demonstrations on German soil something that democracy fundamentally has to endure or do they actually constitute a criminal offense? And the second is the admission that here, similar to Ukraine, we are dealing with a protracted neighborhood conflict that could lead to a global war because, to put it bluntly, Moscow and Beijing believe that the Western democracies are in a kind of decline. So what kind of century are we getting?

MeltingMan

MeltingMan

QuoteThis is Alan Dershowitz's video podcast called The Dershow. We discuss politics, law, the constitution and current events.

We also commemorate the so-called Reichspogromnacht 85 years ago today.

Ulrich

"Poor Things", I enjoyed it, Emma Stone played well (won an "Oscar" too):

The holy city breathed like a dying man...