Robert Smith collaborates with Crystal Castles

Started by chinesewhispers, October 25, 2010, 12:48:10

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the song "Not In love" of Crystal Castles with Robert on vocals?

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

skellington

Thanks for letting my know dsanchez! I am most excited! :-D
Its Just Like a Dream...:)

Ulrich

Singing is good, don't like the music much (never been a huge fan of synth/disco pop). And the original song (Platinum Blonde) is not bad, but this video (hair metal posers, anyone?)... :lol:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

The Loudest Cure

It's good to hear the voice of Robert, he sings so well !!! Thanx for sharing!! ;)

The further we go And older we grow The more we know The less we show.

japanesebaby

i like some of the arrangements, but not too keen on the vocals. nothing wrong with the interpretation side of it, but unfortunately robert's voice is so "narrow" and sort of squeeky these days, it's like he needs to push his voice all the time in order to sing. he used to have such a powerful voice.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Whiskers

It actually isn't a "new" song. It's pretty much just Robert singing over an instrumental version of the song from Crystal Castles' second self-titled album. I still love it, though.

alwaysprayingforRAIN

i think it's a pretty amazing song and i am sooooo proud of my local radio station after i heard them play this yesterday  :smth023 that made my day!!!
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Trust...

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on November 11, 2010, 17:37:46
i think it's a pretty amazing song and i am sooooo proud of my local radio station after i heard them play this yesterday  :smth023 that made my day!!!

Hey alwaysprayingforRAIN  :smth039

Yeah I know what you mean, I was also happy when I was reading the news on the site off the local radio overhere  8)
http://www.stubru.be/media/selectessentialsvandeweek3

alwaysprayingforRAIN

hey Trust!!!  :D

that looks good! hearing a cure song on a pretty mainstream radio ist always worth freaking out, but i was especially happy about this work. i haven't listened to the original (i should probably do that...) i can't imagine it being much better though. just different i guess.
this songs seems to grow on me, i love it more every time i listen to it!!!
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Trust...

I hear it everyday on my local radiostation while I am working  :-D
I love it  :smth020

NeverForget

Wow, didn't know that was a cover! The original was nice, quite nicer with Robert's voice!!
So happy to hear again his voice anyway, he's there... :smth020
STILL RAINING STILL DREAMING...

"no-one will ever take your place
I am lost in you
no-one will ever take your place
so in love with you..."

dsanchez

The song will be released in mp3 format this 9 December. To listen a preview click here. Amazon will have two versions:

Not In Love (ft. Robert Smith) = the version we already know
Not In Love (ft. Robert Smith) (alternate mix) = a new mix by Bob himself

According the official forum of Crystal Castles there will be also a vinyl release (with this song and acoustic b-sides) which may come out in January.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

On CoF I found the link to the official video.
Crystal Castles -- "Not in Love" (feat. Robert Smith) Music Video

I got to say, I've seen a lot of videos I did not enjoy. And this is one of them.  :(
The song is still okay though.

Talking of the song, there was (is?) a remix by Robert himself available for free download at some radio stations.
http://wxrt.radio.com/2011/01/12/free-mp3-download-the-cures-robert-smith-remixes-%E2%80%9Cnot-in-love%E2%80%9D-with-crystal-castles/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Crystal Castles reveal The Cure inspired new album III

QuoteRobert Smith's vocals on that track (Not In Love) are actually home demo vocals. We cancelled the studio time booked to record final vocals because we were all attached to his raw demo vocals. I went with this idea of first-take vocals on the [III] tracks "Pale Flesh" and "Insulin".
http://www.gigwise.com/news/77595/crystal-castles-reveal-the-cure-inspired-new-album-iii
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo