What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: chemicaloverload on November 18, 2018, 21:38:54
They can only be right if you let them.

Nah. I can disagree with people even if they are right. But if they are right, they are right. ;)

In general, I might say that they're not always totally wrong, but it depends on how and when they say something. In the wrong moment or in the wrong (patronising) tone, of course it'll make me angry...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on November 18, 2018, 20:05:29
Yeah. And that's what I liked about the aforementioned girl I'd met a couple of times last month: she was totally non-judgemental towards me, no matter what we talked about! :cool

Sounds good. Be aware that she might call you back before Christmas. I wish you the best!
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

chemicaloverload

Make your mind up Ulrich...

There is no universal truth.

What face do I have on today?

No one knows. And that's the point.
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on November 19, 2018, 10:47:04
Be aware that she might call you back before Christmas.

I don't think so. It seems to have gone "off the boil" after the 2nd date and I'd be very surprised to hear anything.

Quote from: chemicaloverload on November 19, 2018, 12:23:35
Make your mind up Ulrich...

No, I won't, that's too boring.  :P

Quote from: chemicaloverload on November 19, 2018, 12:23:35
There is no universal truth.

Yes, there is. Because I said so!  XD

chemicaloverload

I had the biggest plate of (early) Christmas dinner last night, I still feel full today  :1f632:

chemicaloverload

The last few weeks have been the longest but alas, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Friday, Christmas begins and soon enough, this year ends. What a fast and funny year it has been. I can honestly say it's been a great one and I'm a bit sad to be ending it. Anyone else have any thoughts? 

word_on_a_wing

Nice to read your reflections ChemicalOverload :)
From where I'm sitting this year has felt pretty challenging and tiring, but in a necessary sort of way (maybe like childbirth ...a challenging time of change but with a (somewhat hazy) sense that's it's heading towards meaningful horizons.
I seem to have encountered many people who have experienced this year as exceptionally difficult and tiring (so maybe something significant is happening at a collective level, not just individual)?
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

I don't wanna "write the year off" before it's over... but in general, in this year 2018 there have been a few disappointments and let-downs, some cool music & concerts, some good friends (new and old), not (too) much work, not (too) much money, some boring days, a few exciting days... and so on...

chemicaloverload

I understand where your coming from WOAW. I think this year has been a year of enlightment for some, there have been so many negative things that have come out and really affected people on a mass scale. Hopefully you're right, that there is better things on the horizon for others, including yourself :)

You know, I stood in my friends house on New Year last year and he said to me, I can feel this year is going to be a good one and I agreed- I think that positivity set me up so I'll be employing the same thinking next year.

I have enjoyed my time spent here too. Long may that continue  :happy

Ulrich

The more I think about 2018, the more I think it's been a "stinker"...  :pouting-face
Disappointed by the betrayal of someone I tried to put trust into. :anguished:
Disappointed I couldn't get to see Slowdive because of too much work and then there's not much work for (most of) the rest of the year.  :unamused:

The Cure have given us a few "gig news" to chat about etc., but new material seems nowhere to be seen (or we just don't know yet). (Edit: now we know they'll be "finishing off" the new album in February!!)

Still, of course, I am better off than many other humans (who are suffering around the world), I have food on the table, the heating is on, I can watch what I want on telly or dvd, I can listen to tons of music...  :happy

dsanchez

Removing my FB account for good.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

chemicaloverload

Ulrich

How you gonna keep up the Curefans FB site?  :1f62e:
(If you keep e.g. the messenger, they will still sell your data, btw. Just like whatsapp, which belongs to FB anyway!)

Quote from: dsanchez on December 26, 2018, 23:51:16
want to be more productive and read more books next year

Please tell us more about that elusive thing: "being productive".  :lol:

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on December 27, 2018, 13:43:13
How you gonna keep up the Curefans FB site?  :1f62e: (If you keep e.g. the messenger, they will still sell your data, btw. Just like whatsapp, which belongs to FB anyway!)

I won't keep Messenger either. I will use just Whatsapp and Telegram. Yes, I know Whatsapp belongs to FB, but in WhatsApp I don't see newsfeeds, people's updates etc :)

Quote from: dsanchez on December 26, 2018, 23:51:16
Please tell us more about that elusive thing: "being productive".  :lol:

Time saved by not visiting FB is time that can be spent in better things IMO :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo