Rare Cure Gig Poster For Sale

Started by jrqbliss, July 16, 2008, 06:24:54

Previous topic - Next topic

jrqbliss

Hey,

Rather than throwing this up on Ebay, I thought I'd give Cure fans a first crack at this. I bought the poster as part of a package offered by the artist that included bands I'm more interested in (I know, I know).

It's a one-off poster for the May 10th gig played at the Wachovia Spectrum in Philadelphia. Of more interest is the fact that it's a signed and numbered screen print by renowned gig poster artist Todd Slater. 200 were made, and they have all sold.

The print measures 16 x 24 and is not done justice by the jpg image.

The artist's price was $35. A recent sale on ebay priced it at $70. Now that the print is sold out, it'll only increase in value. I'm willing to sell it for $70, shipping included anywhere in the world. The print will be shipped in a sturdy tube, wrapped in craft paper and insured. The buyer will be provided with a tracking number upon payment by paypal.

If you're interested, please email me at jrqbliss@hotmail.com

Cheers,

-J

HaloCure

Coolness! I just got mine today from the artist :D - I paid $60 direct to him, so obviously, it's worth more now.

What number is this in the series?

I know someone who was coveting mine, I've sent her the link to this thread.

Cheers!
Heron / HaloCure

jrqbliss

Quote from: HaloCure on July 16, 2008, 07:39:46

What number is this in the series?

39/200

It's a beauty in person, isn't it? It won't kill me to keep it, but I'd like to see it go to a true fan ...

HaloCure

It's a beauty, for certain. I'm looking for the right frame/matt combo to set off the colors on mine. I can't wait to get it properly displayed! I'm sure it will go to someone who will appreciate it. :)

jrqbliss

Sold -- thanks to those that got in touch, many thanks to the buyer.

If there's any Radiohead fans out there, I've got one of their's to sell as well -- get in touch.

Cheers,

J