2008.12.12 Burbank 'Last Call with Carson Daly' (USA) *Sold Out*

Started by Tof, November 13, 2008, 16:53:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Tof

The Cure are going to play a mini concert in Los Angeles the 12th december ...

http://www.1iota.com/events,3931,Last-Call-with-Carson-Daly-THE-CURE-Mini-Concert.html
Tof

kissingcrimson

Let's hope this appearance is accompanied by a few extra
'regular size' concerts :)

that would be a nice Christmas treat :)
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

cure_kitty

I just saw this on the COF.....

Rumor has it they will be at the KROQ ACOUSTIC X-MAS Show Dec 13th & 14th!!!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/tix/916043025.html

sullen

im so happy i can scream!!!!!
was deciding where to go for a winter vacation!

YES!!!!!!    :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Lets just hope the kroq thing is the real deal

j

Yup....from COF:

From a listing at Craigslist:
Acoustic X-mas December 13 & 14 @ Gibson Amphitheater
The Cure, The Killers, Smashing Pumpkins, Stone Temple Pilots & more.

Something tells me since they are playing Friday on Carson Douchy, they'd headline Saturday night at KROQ

AndyTheCureFan

KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2008 is a rumour, not the Carson Daly show. I think the thread title should be changed.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: AndyTheCureFan on November 14, 2008, 06:30:50
KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2008 is a rumour, not the Carson Daly show. I think the thread title should be changed.

You're absolutely right, Andy.  :smth023  I'm not sure why it was ever posted as a rumor.  :smth017

http://www.1iota.com/events,3931,Last-Call-with-Carson-Daly-THE-CURE-Mini-Concert.html

Last Call with Carson Daly THE CURE Mini-Concert

Friday, December 12, 2008

NBC Studios (stage 9)
3000 W Alameda Ave
Burbank, CA

SOLD OUT

About that KROQ rumor, I wonder who got that started?  8)

AndyTheCureFan

the rumour of the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2008, i can't remember who started it but there's a good reason. the cure is here randomly on Dec 12th to do a TV show taping and there just so happens to be an annual Christmas concert that even Depeche Mode has headlined? Seems too much of a coincidence.

Lady

I'm happy for you all guys, hope everything is true!! :D
I can remember how I felt when I knew about the coca cola show in Rome...a very beautiful sensation!!! :roll:

Kisses,

Dalila.
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

Quote from: crowbi_wan on November 14, 2008, 07:04:04
I'm not sure why it was ever posted as a rumor.  :smth017

cause until is not published in thecure.com, is a rumour :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Quote from: AndyTheCureFan on November 14, 2008, 08:37:11
the rumour of the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2008, i can't remember who started it but there's a good reason. the cure is here randomly on Dec 12th to do a TV show taping and there just so happens to be an annual Christmas concert that even Depeche Mode has headlined? Seems too much of a coincidence.

Andy, I'm "b" on the COF blog and was the one who mentioned it  ;)  I'd heard about eve Carson Daily mini-concert thing before the news went up on the blog and started searching for clues about an actual concert.  KROQ usually hold the two-day Almost Acoustic Christmas at the Gibson Amphitheatre, which was available (or at least isn't showing any events) the weekend of the mini-concert.  There had been no announcement by KROQ, yet.  It just seemed that it might be true.  I just figured I'd throw it out there in hopes that someone had heard something.   

Xploding_Boy

It seems Saturday would make sense since it's the day after the Carson Daly show but a few friends of mine said that the more hard rock sounding bands are usually on night one of Acoustic Xmas and that bands like The Cure almost always play night #2. I haven't checked the last few year's line-ups for myself though.

lostflower4

I'm not sure who got the idea that Carson Daly is done out of Burbank. Perhaps they're confusing it with Jay Leno?

Not that it really matters, as Los Angeles is basically a bunch of cities all together.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on November 15, 2008, 16:50:45
I'm not sure who got the idea that Carson Daly is done out of Burbank. Perhaps they're confusing it with Jay Leno?

Not that it really matters, as Los Angeles is basically a bunch of cities all together.

Carson Daily does his show there as well. 

More specifically, as I wrote above:

NBC Studios (stage 9)
3000 W Alameda Ave
Burbank, CA

LA is 12 miles south. 

DJscribbles

Every night I dream, and every day it comes true