What made you annoyed today?

Started by Aarna, July 01, 2007, 19:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Started torrenting The Cure June 2000 Chicago gig on Dime yesterday & the seeder went offline :evil:
& he'she's been doing it all flipping day.
There are over 40 people all stuck at 38%  :evil:
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

robiola

Quote from: Steve on January 27, 2008, 17:11:06
Quote from: Lady on January 27, 2008, 12:16:13
Quote from: scatcat on January 27, 2008, 12:09:21
Quote from: Steve on January 27, 2008, 11:13:58

Barsteward!
Wot ya doing tomorrow night?   ;)

what would your hungarian girlfriend think?? maybe she could chaparone?  8)
In italy we say "marpione"...it's something like "play-boy", I think! :smth047 :smth043 ;)

I thought that was some sort of cake  :oops:

:smth043 That's "mascarpone"!

scatcat

Michael Bolton.  :twisted:

neighbours have got some crappy soppy song blaring out of there unit... AND they're singing along with it!!

:smth078
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

sues777

I went to a work friend's wedding today, which was absolutely lovely, except for the fact they'd hired a magician/comedian as the entertainment.  Apparently the guy's quite well known but his idea of humour is making fun of audience members.  Well, for some reason best known to himself the guy decided to make me and a male colleague the butt of a lot of his jokes.  I ended up on the receiving end of dumb dolly bird comments, a working girl joke and something about a rash...and my male colleague copped a slew of gay boy jokes.  I've no idea what we did to be singled out  :smth011

I was considering bolting half way through this guy's routine but didn't want to upset my friend (the bride).  The guy really p****ed me off and upset me quite a bit.

Some people need to learn that launcing personal attacks on people does NOT constitute humour....
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

Steve

Got smited 3 times since I was last online. :cry:

Dunno why, it's not like I'm being rambunctious or anything.

Ho hum....

Maybe it's best if I just bugger off forever.
Cheers
Steve

scatcat

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

sues777

Quote from: Steve on February 17, 2008, 17:38:06

Yeah, that's how I felt last night...This morning I think "those who smite others for no apparent reason" are just tossers....
Think I'll spend the day indoors with my cats - at least they're nice to others...most of the time....
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

melly

hey sues777, I agree with you 100%... the stupid guy abviously lacks any talent, having to resort to singling people out to make his "act" funny... years ago, we were at this restaurant (?) type place called "Dirty Dicks" ( yeah, the name should have been enough of a warning) sort of a medieval themed place...where "Dirty Dick", with a crown on his stupid head, had to pick a female from the customers to be "crowned" then this female had to dance with him. You guessed it...the fool zoomed in on me, placed this ridiculous crown on my head, bellowing at the top of his voice he had found his "queen", everyone looking, laughing... I was so cross...I had to get up and dance with this twat, but after one dance I decrowned myself and told him to find another "queen"...some people just HAVE to humiliate others just to make themselves look good..pathetic, isn't it?

Steve... this karma thing, people having them taken off for no apparent reason quietened down for a while...now, it's happening again??
seeing as though the admin and mods can see who's doing it, maybe they need to take a closer look to see if it's one person indiscriminately taking karma off people and act accordingly. I know how frustrating it is, it happened to me a while ago... don't you DARE "bugger off"....
and to whoever is doing it GROW UP!!! and p*ss off....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

dsanchez

Quote from: melly on February 18, 2008, 01:27:37
seeing as though the admin and mods can see who's doing it, maybe they need to take a closer look to see if it's one person indiscriminately taking karma off people and act accordingly. I know how frustrating it is, it happened to me a while ago... don't you DARE "bugger off"....
and to whoever is doing it GROW UP!!! and p*ss off....

If anyone feels someone is smiting him/her without reason please feel free to send me a PM. We can find if someone is abusing of the karma feature.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

I've got smited too (like 3 times), despite I'm helping with the live coverage, plus added recently the Oslo gig here.

So really, don't get upset about this. When people learn to use this feature (many still prefers to say "thanks" instead pressing "applaud"), it all will be better. As far as you don't have a negative score, then I think everything's alright.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

Quote from: dsanchez on February 18, 2008, 03:00:29

I've got smited too (like 3 times), despite I'm helping with the live coverage, plus added recently the Oslo gig here.

maybe someone is clicking the wrong button!! ( i think i have done this.. especially when i don't have my glasses on.. I can't read properly!!)  :shock:

what made me annoyed today... computer!!
my drive wasn't working, then got a techie to help (remotely) who made things worse. I had to re-install itunes. then my drive wasn't readable... another few hours on phone again... and supposed to be fixed.. i have spent the whole day really, really p*sed off.. and now too tired to check if it's working... i just can't deal with it!!!!  :twisted:

i need a break too!!  :cry:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Steve

Cheers
Steve

robiola

Don't be silly... What would we do without our Steve... :smth056

Steve

Cheers
Steve

scatcat

Quote from: scatcat on February 17, 2008, 23:38:47
i hopre it's better now?  :P

just check out my typing... stupid , stupid spelling!!
I type too fast and don't use the VERY helpful spellcheck..   :oops:
I always have to go back and edit 'cos it annoys the hell out of me!!

WTF does  "hopre" mean, anyway?   :!:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life