Currently Watching

Started by Steve, July 14, 2007, 17:49:04

Previous topic - Next topic

word_on_a_wing

"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

I've started re-watching "The Sopranos", one of the best tv series ever... (will try and be disciplined and only watch one episode per day, to the max).
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

Brett is re-watching, and I am watching this for the first time.  This is from the pilot episode, and this scene sold me entirely, because this is exactly what it is like when you start doing your own business accounts.  Especially the bit from 0:10 to 0:17.  ROFL.  :lol:  Totally been there.

SueC is time travelling

SueC

It's so unbelievably refreshing to see this kind of film-making, with all the space in the world, nothing rushed, invitations to think for yourself and work things out, and wonderful cinematography.  It's so much better than the modern fashion for clobbering people over the head with fast pace, loud music, multiple plots interleaving constantly and never staying with any of them for substantial amounts of time - gawd, I hate that, and they're currently killing Dr Who with it too, unfortunately, and it's so wonderful to see something consciously made differently to this blasted formula.  It was spellbinding, we were barely breathing, and you could have heard a pin drop!
SueC is time travelling

SueC

I was looking specifically for something like this, but couldn't find it on YT so I couldn't embed it.  But here it is - for all the cat people.  It's pretty well done!  :cool

https://vimeo.com/8372896
SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

BiscuityBoyle

The tiger thing on Netflix is as entertaining as everyone says it is.

BiscuityBoyle

Quote from: Ulrich on February 14, 2020, 09:56:24I've started re-watching "The Sopranos", one of the best tv series ever... (will try and be disciplined and only watch one episode per day, to the max).

The only "prestige TV" show I've had the patience to watch in its entirety. So good...

Ulrich

Quote from: BiscuityBoyle on April 02, 2020, 23:45:36The only "prestige TV" show I've had the patience to watch in its entirety. So good...

It is very good indeed. There are only few "up there" with it.
"Boardwalk Empire" is maybe coming close (a few actors and directors were also on Sopranos).

"The Wire" is also very good.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

BiscuityBoyle

Richly entertaining flick, esp if one's got a soft spot for all things Lovecraftian. Sam Neill puts his memorable, expressive face to brilliant use in this one.

BiscuityBoyle

An outstanding Australian film I watched last night

MeltingMan

BiscuityBoyle

From the director of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari...

BiscuityBoyle