Madness Oz Tour 2009

Started by ~*CherryRed*~, March 22, 2009, 05:06:30

Previous topic - Next topic

~*CherryRed*~

Well if your a HUGE Madness fan (as I am) and you live in Australia, I would hope you are already aware that the Band are doing a tour at long last in Australia! It has been (something like) 16 odd years since they last came 'downunder' so if you can't see them, bad luck... as they may never come again!! If your unaware of their dates;

26 Mar 2009 Luna Park Sydney
28 Mar 2009 V Festival Sydney
29 Mar 2009 V Festival Gold Coast
31 Mar 2009 Palais Theatre Melbourne
01 Apr 2009 Thebarton Theatre Adelaide
03 Apr 2009 Moorilla Estate Hobart
04 Apr 2009 V Festival Melbourne
05 Apr 2009 V Festival Perth

I'm seeing them in Hobart at the Moorilla Winery Estate! If anyone on here is going to any of these gigs, let me know and we can exchange photos/stories etc... I really CAN NOT believe they're doing a show in Hobart! What LUCK! Bands never bother to come to the apple isle, and I usually always have to fly to Melbourne to see bands... but these fabulous fellas are coming to my state and I have VIP tickets to see 'em!!! LOL LOL LOL I can't bloody wait! Only down side is I can't get the new LP The Liberty Of Norton Folgate. I might just have to bite the bullet and buy the special edition boxset thru their website............ Don't watch that... watch this... this is the heavy heavy moster sound... Ah, you know the rest! hehehehe  ;)
"prone to flights of whimsy"

~*CherryRed*~

Just an update on this...
Madness cancelled their Moorilla gig. I drove 3 hours to get to the venue only to be told it had been cancelled on the previous Wed. night. As I'm not a fan of newspapers I was unaware the gig was cancelled. I am still furious, with the promoter, the Band and the venue.

Second rate treatment from a seemingly second rate band.
:smth011
"prone to flights of whimsy"

japanesebaby

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on April 10, 2009, 11:49:10
Just an update on this...
Madness cancelled their Moorilla gig. I drove 3 hours to get to the venue only to be told it had been cancelled on the previous Wed. night. As I'm not a fan of newspapers I was unaware the gig was cancelled. I am still furious, with the promoter, the Band and the venue.

Second rate treatment from a seemingly second rate band.
:smth011

aarrrgh sorry to hear that. i feel for you as  a similar thing has happened to me once: i went to the venue (ice hall) and there was some ice hockey practice instead of a concert - wt...? annoyingly, there wasn't even any note at the gates, let alone anyone who'd tell me what happened. but obviously everyone else knew about since there was just me and one italian guy there, feeling totally lost.  :?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine