jones the steam

Started by jonesthesteam, July 23, 2015, 10:24:59

Previous topic - Next topic

jonesthesteam

hello all.
my name is andy, jones the steam seems to have become some kind of internet pseudonym, long story, but i'm comfortable with that..
been into the cure since i was thirteen or so, borrowed the top from our local library 'cos i the sleeve got me curious, and the noise was incredible, i was into adam and the ants and madness, so all that anger and horror was a massive shock to my mind, loved it, worked backwards from there, started leaving my bedroom curtains shut and growing into a genuine teenager.
first cure album bought was seventeen seconds, first cd was kiss me, first single inbetween, favourite album the top, have only seen them twice, '89, and stopped being a completist after getting seven different coloured pictures of you singles, wish i still had the dub 12" though, got back into the cure with bloodflowers, and am becoming increasingly obsessed waiting for some new material. not so bothered with solo stuff, though i quite like lols presence records still, i should have grown out of this by now, but i figure it's some kind of mid life crisis.
well that's a bit of me, i'll try not to get too repetitive on the forums, but it's all about that next album..

Ulrich

Welcome, hope you'll bring some steam into the forum!  :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on July 23, 2015, 16:11:20
Welcome, hope you'll bring some steam into the forum!  :)
Indeed.The fizz has gone with me momentarily.Welcome Andy!
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

Welcome to curefans.com! wow, you saw The Cure at their height. Lucky you!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

bigtruck

Hi,
I am Rick or bigtruck (old, old nickname from when I was a very young kid, like 1960 or so). I have been a Cure fan since the early 90s. Bought Faith on a whim from a CD club site and loved it. Still do. I'm 58 now and still list the Cure among my top 10 bands, maybe my favorite. They are very melancholy and deep which is part of why I love them so much. I've only seen them once, in 2004 it Riverbend in Cincinnati Ohio. I had quite a collection going of boots. Sold 40 of them for $1600. Paid for a family vacation. (of course I still have them in digital). Some other bands in my top 10 are Rush, Led Zeppelin, the Police, Helmet, Collective Soul, Hammock. I've been a member of Curefans since 2004, but haven't posted in 10 years. Anyway, I really want some new boots for my collection. Need to get the newsletter to get the password.
Still love the Cure listening to Paris tonight.

Thanks for reading,

Bigtruck

Ulrich

Quote from: bigtruck on August 09, 2015, 05:50:56
I've been a member of Curefans since 2004, but haven't posted in 10 years.

Well your profile tells:
"Date Registered: June 24, 2006, 22:03:27"

Anyway, thank you for your first post in 9 years!  :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...