i like it!  :smt020

the new album is scheduled for february: mr beast

japanesebaby

sounds good !

thanks for the tip cult_hero  :smt020
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

cult_hero

in my opinion the only good song on the new album! i heard it for the first time a few weeks ago. i tried it a second time but the only song i really like is "friend of the night". i never tried it again since then...

anyway! i look forward to their concert in hamburg in april. maybe the new songs sound better live?

japanesebaby

really? well thanks for a further tip (warning...?) then

oh lucky you who can see them in hamburg etc...
:cry:  
;-)

cult_hero

Quote from: japanesebabyreally? well thanks for a further tip (warning...?) then

but don't forget: just my opinion. my girlfriend also doesn't like the album but a friend of mine loves it!

strange_as_angels

I only have one Mogwai album, "happy songs for happy people", i think it's brilliant.

What other albums would you recomend?
"and you finally found all your courage to
let it all go"

crowbi_wan

Rock Action and CODY are good albums.   I'd have to say HSFHP is my favorite.  I bought the BBC session,but haven't listenend to it much.  

-Brian

japanesebaby

i still like 'young team' most of all i guess.
i just got the remixes double-cd (yes took me a bit long to get that one) but haven't had time to listen to it yet.

marika

cult_hero

today mogwai rock my town!  :smt035  i've already bought ear protectors!  :-D

crowbi_wan

HOLY CRAP MOGWAI KICKED ASS TONIGHT IN SEATTLE!!!! :rocker

I taped it and will upload if it turned out okay.

cult_hero

Quote from: crowbi_wanHOLY CRAP MOGWAI KICKED ASS TONIGHT IN SEATTLE!!!! :rocker

you taped it and your recorder is still working?  :-D

cult_hero

i saw them yesterday in bremen. wow!  :shock: great show! and they played the three songs i wanted to hear most: friend of the night, mogwai fear satan and ratts of the capital. btw: nice intro - the champions league theme!  :-D

riseandreverberate

Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 24, 2006, 10:07:56
HOLY CRAP MOGWAI KICKED ASS TONIGHT IN SEATTLE!!!! :rocker

Look forward to hearing that ;)

I'm off to see them next week...can't wait :P
Not sure about the support tho, kid 606 :? (Think I'd rather hear a 30min version of My Father, My King 8) ) Personally I really like the Mr Beast album..great sound.

You can find lots of Moggy downloads on this site http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=mogwai

cult_hero

kid606 was also the support yesterday. just one man and his laptop. don't know if he just played a cd and wrote an email to his mom or chatted?!?  :-D hm? at the beginning it was okay but after about 20 it started to bug...