The Cure In Orange: Anniversary

Started by dsanchez, August 09, 2005, 18:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

PArealtor

isnt there a european version of Orange that you can get on DVD?  I have it on vhs and would love to get it on dvd but it doesnt seem to be sold anywhere in the US.

becomingwater

I have a VCD version and LaserDisc version.  I don't have my laserDisc player anymore since it broke, but the VCD looks pretty good.  I think it is from the VHS.  I do hope they release a Blu version in the near future.

dsanchez

Quote from: dsanchez on March 18, 2008, 20:21:36
http://www.petitiononline.com/19953043/petition.html

I have got so far 42 signatures, but since petitiononline sucks so badly, I've just created a new petition here for The Cure to play in Orange

I think petitions are worthless, and I don't think The Cure will play again in this awesome place, but I guess I lose nothing trying it. "The Cure In Orange 2009", who knows?

Join if you care --> http://eventful.com/demand/D0-001-000569579-6 :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

rubcure

I'm agree David  :smth023 They should play in Orange for their 30th anniversary!!! Imagine: an awesome show with all cures past and present... Sorry... i'm just dreaming  ;)  :smth023
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

tigermilk

Google videos has the entire 'In Orange' show for those who haven't seen it. Obviously watching it on a computer is not as good as watching the VCD, but it's something at least.

pyota

Quote from: becomingwater on May 13, 2008, 05:41:34
I have a VCD version and LaserDisc version.  I don't have my laserDisc player anymore since it broke, but the VCD looks pretty good.  I think it is from the VHS.  I do hope they release a Blu version in the near future.

yeah, the vcd is easy to get on ebay. i got mine in the used bin in a record store for cheap. i've also been to the venue in france - its an amazing place.

alwaysprayingforRAIN

there is no dvd version out yet is there ???  I'm going craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy here!!! there are only super expensive vhs and my family doesn't even have a vhs player... grrrrrrrrr I'm so sick of watching this on a yputube screen but i guess i have to wait. at least until after i payed for my drivers license ( which is expensive too in germany ) and bought the ticket to fly to the US and see my host family there and....  :smth089

edit: oh and the audio cd: 60 to 92 euros ?????????????????????????
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

rodney

I saw a VHS at Half Price Books for 49 cents the other day.

1/2anOctopuss

This Looooong out of print film is available at:

edit - Out of print and unavailable - yet official.  OK!

wish-man

and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

dsanchez

25 years ago! Time passes, but The Cure remains!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Wow, and it's still awesome !!!!! Wish I was there 25 years ago :rocker
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

Well, I can't believe 10 years already passed since I first created this topic!

Anyway, I found this in Twitter and thought I would share it with you: a rare poster to promote the movie (probably in Germany). Enjoy!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SusannaRS

Lets my memory be perverted to the uses    
Of lying and oppression.    
My lovers and their children must not be dispossessed of me;
I would be the untarnished possession forever
Of those for whom I lived.
(Spoon River Anthology, E.L.M.)

dsanchez

Thanks for sharing! This is a pilgrimage every Cure fan should make once in their lives... I went to this magical place in 2008. I hope the band will play there one more time :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo