The Cure In Orange: The Details

Started by dsanchez, August 10, 2005, 03:33:01

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

in Play for today: Porl smiling while Robert is presenting the song

in Strange day: Simon speak something with Robert in the beginning. Then Simon smile to the crowd

in Primary: Almost all band members put away their jackets..sure it was very hot there!

in Push: probably the best close-up ever from Porl and Simon while playing!

in Close to me: the cable is not large enough for the microphone! :)

in 10:15 saturday night: Simon makes a little mistake in the middle of the song. Robert stares at him ;)

8)

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

I never noticed Simon's flub in 10.15 before, but blame the camera guy!  :twisted:

However, on this same song, Boris blows the fill toward the end of the guitar solo. It sounds awkward to me, like he forgot what he was playing, but he manages to keep the beat.

Here's another odd fact... On the laserdisc versions, there is no "Sweet Talking Guy" music. You just hear the crowd cheering at the end. It provides a different effect on the viewer. I'm not sure which I like better.  :?

Purple Orchid

A friend also told me there's a scene in which Perry can be seen, but I'm too lazy to go through the whole show...does anyone remember which song is it?
...when suddenly, behind a tree, I appear
strange mixture of the one-before-the-last wanderer
and first stowaway on the trip to Venus.
Half melon on the head and the stripes of the shirt painted on the skin,
but only you see me...

klara

Quote from: Purple OrchidA friend also told me there's a scene in which Perry can be seen, but I'm too lazy to go through the whole show...does anyone remember which song is it?
it has been a while since i last saw it but i think it is kyoto song

Janko

Quote from: dsanchezin Play for today: Porl smiling while Robert is presenting the song

in Strange day: Simon speak something with Robert in the beginning. Then Simon smile to the crowd

in Primary: Almost all band members put away their jackets..sure it was very hot there!

in Push: probably the best close-up ever from Porl and Simon while playing!

in Close to me: the cable is not large enough for the microphone! :)

in 10:15 saturday night: Simon makes a little mistake in the middle of the song. Robert stare to him ;)

8)

David.

Its been a while since I watched my dodgy cassette, but I think that main moment shold be Robert taking off his wig on stage in front of fans...
But Simon takes is away just before stepping on stage...
I wonder what was that about :-)

Great to see crowd moshing and dancing to STRANGE DAY.
Totally unusual 'reading' of that (pretty depressive) song :-)

PS

If there is Perry visible - great! But it must be a glimpse...
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Joe

Anyone have any idea when the DVD will be re-issued? That seems to be the big rumor right now.

Rec-Level

There's a girl coming out of the wild crowd in the middle with her dress down showing one of his tits (beginning of inbetween days)

Curetastraphy

I notice that but I didn't think it was that :shock:  and I disn't bother going back

B.DEE

Quote from: Purple OrchidA friend also told me there's a scene in which Perry can be seen, but I'm too lazy to go through the whole show...does anyone remember which song is it?

He can be seen standing behind the speaker stacks (to the right of Porl) for the first few songs ...
Constantly talking is not necessarily communicating.

Dillinger

this concert seemns pretty legendary, is there a dvd around of it?

lostflower4

Quote from: farquad92 on August 30, 2006, 01:50:36
this concert seemns pretty legendary, is there a dvd around of it?

This hasn't been officially released on DVD...

Dillinger

hmmmm that suggests that there is a DVD around though?

dsanchez

This OUTSTANDING show was just released in VHS and then on Laser Disc. However, most of us (I think) have the laser disc transfer in DVD, with amazing sound and picture.

An "official DVD", as Caley said, has not been released.

Cheers

David.

Quote from: farquad92 on August 30, 2006, 14:03:25
hmmmm that suggests that there is a DVD around though?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Dillinger

would anyone want to swap it? i have no cure bootlegs at all :(  but i have a good amount of white stripes and a few raconteurs ones i can swap.most are audio and i dont have a burner but i would swap 2 or 3 audio for the dvd. or someone might do a B&P with me please?  :-D pm me if you are interested

revolt

One curious thing about the 'In Orange' concert/video is that during 'Give Me It' Tim Pope, with all those crazy camera movements, manages to disconect the cable from one of the guitars... I reckon I only noticed this after Mr. Pope mentioned it himself, in a TV interview...