Unreleased Bloodflowers sessions tracks

Started by nausearockpig, April 02, 2006, 07:34:20

Previous topic - Next topic

nausearockpig

Quote from: Ramsua on April 08, 2008, 20:21:48
hi i have just say yes, heavy world and everything forever, if you don't bealive me check out my space in youtube.com and write RAMSUA...and enjoy them..bye...
any chance you can share these in another way? ie not thru youtube?

lostflower4

Quote from: Ramsua on April 08, 2008, 20:21:48
hi i have just say yes, heavy world and everything forever, if you don't bealive me check out my space in youtube.com and write RAMSUA...and enjoy them..bye...

Are you sure you're not just making this stuff up?

These are the exact same tracks that can be found on the common Bloodflowers Demos bootlegs going around.

Accoring to your YouTube videos:

Lost Flower 3 = Heavy World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFlUpKG3_gY

Lost Flower 4 = Everything Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3xpHD6zg4c

By the way, your alleged Heavy World has always sounded like an alternate version of Just Say Yes to me.

Can you tell us how you know the names?  Because honestly, these songs are nothing rare at all and can be found in much better quality than what your videos have. I've even shared them on this forum at one time...

If I could ever find any real proof, I might have good reason to change my username to "everything forever".  :D

(absolutely love this song)

nausearockpig

thanks caley for taking the time out to compare these tracks to the Lost Flowers..

Poe

Is it just me, or does Everything Forever sound an awful lot like To Wish Impossible Things speeded up?....Perhaps that's the point.

I haven't heard about any "Lost Flowers" before. Could the remixes of Out of This World and Maybe Someday (from Join The Dots) be among them, or are they all original songs? I suppose Signal To Noise isn't one of them, since it was released in 2001, but I may be wrong.

By the way, this guy claims to have the "Lost Flowers", in case someone hasn't found them yet:

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,944.0/topicseen.html
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

japanesebaby

Quote from: Poe on April 12, 2008, 13:41:59
Is it just me, or does Everything Forever sound an awful lot like To Wish Impossible

if you mean 'everything forever' on that youtube video posted there, it's not certain is that's 'everything forever'. read lostflower4's post a few posts up.

these "common" bloodflower demos are nothing rare. these have been shared many times, both here and elsewhere. just do a search with lost + flowers + demos and you should notice.
if anyone offers these in a trade (in mp3s) and says they are something unique, they are not. very common.
it's just tracks tracks 'heavy world', 'everything forever' and 'you're so happy' are supposed to be tracks that have not been shared before.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Poe

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 12, 2008, 15:05:12
if you mean 'everything forever' on that youtube video posted there, it's not certain is that's 'everything forever'. read lostflower4's post a few posts up.

I had read that one, but that point must have been lost on me somehow. :roll:

Okay, I guess I've misunderstood one or two things in the posts above. In the thread I linked to, the guy just said he had the Lost Flowers songs, no particular names mentioned, but all these Lost Flowers songs are very common, and the three ones you mentioned have nothing to do with them...is that it? Or am I still being a Swedish blonde here? Patience, patience...
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

lostflower4

Quote from: Poe on April 12, 2008, 17:13:40
Quote from: japanesebaby on April 12, 2008, 15:05:12

I had read that one, but that point must have been lost on me somehow. :roll:

Okay, I guess I've misunderstood one or two things in the posts above. In the thread I linked to, the guy just said he had the Lost Flowers songs, no particular names mentioned, but all these Lost Flowers songs are very common, and the three ones you mentioned have nothing to do with them...is that it? Or am I still being a Swedish blonde here? Patience, patience...

Here is one of the bootlegs these were released on.

http://bootlegs.host.sk/reviews/lostflowers.htm

Now, some releases listed Lost Flowers 1-5 because "Just Say Yes" wasn't identified until 2001 (these demos are from 1999).

So in other bootleg releases, Just Say Yes is sometimes called Lost Flower 1, and all the others are therefore one number higher than on this particular release.

In this case, Just Say Yes refers to the slow, electric instrumental version. There is another more acoustic and upbeat version labeled as Lost Flower 2 on this boot (or Lost Flower 3 on other releases ;))  This is the one that Ramsua claims is "Heavy World". Well, I haven't seen any real proof to back up this claim.

And no, these tracks aren't anything that appeared on Join the Dots. They are all instrumental versions, and generally more electric guitar driven that what the actual Bloodflowers album turned out to be. I personally think it's some really incredible stuff.  :smth020

Brother Tims

Yes, those demos sound much better than the final product known as "Bloodflowers".

By the way, back then when the "Lost Flowers" surfaced, someone claimed he once had a tape with 15 (!) tracks on it, but he could only put 12 of them on a CR-R. According to him, this CD-R is the source for the MP3s that are floating around the internet. Nobody knows if this story is true and nobody has ever heard the missing three tracks. I guess it will remain an unsolved mystery.

lostflower4

Quote from: Brother Tims on April 13, 2008, 09:00:49
Yes, those demos sound much better than the final product known as "Bloodflowers".

By the way, back then when the "Lost Flowers" surfaced, someone claimed he once had a tape with 15 (!) tracks on it, but he could only put 12 of them on a CR-R. According to him, this CD-R is the source for the MP3s that are floating around the internet. Nobody knows if this story is true and nobody has ever heard the missing three tracks. I guess it will remain an unsolved mystery.

Yep, this was always the story about them. However, the 12 songs that we know only total about 60 minutes, so I've always had doubts about the story that they wouldn't all fit. Maybe there was another reason.   

By the way, I've never been able to find these songs in a lossless source. Even all the bootleg CDs (the ones I know) are mp3 sourced. I originally got these tracks on a P2P network sometime around 2002, and I've really been able to find a better source. Perhaps this is the only way they were distributed on a large scale?

Brother Tims

The Lost Flowers have never been available in lossless form, and I think we should be happy that those demos have surfaced at all in such a high quality.

How greedy we have become ... 15 years ago we would have killed for MP3 quality demos, but now everything has to be lossless. Even audience recordings! It's a mad, mad world.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Brother Tims on April 13, 2008, 21:27:45
How greedy we have become ... 15 years ago we would have killed for MP3 quality demos, but now everything has to be lossless. Even audience recordings! It's a mad, mad world.

hmm. surely it isn't greedy to ask the question (whether lossless version exists)? or greedy to appreciate quality? yesterday i was just listening to audience recordings recently shared here in both 24-bit and 16-bit versions and i can hear a clear quality difference between the two - so things like this does affect your level of enjoyment. also, i've two different copies for lost flowers in mp3s, from different sources. the other one sounds ok (because it's obviously the "original" file set), the other one sounds like crap and is artifacted as hell (because it's clearly been re-compressed several times to and fro). so... :?
i'd agree it's a mad world, yes, but for the opposite reasons. just watch youtube (paying attention to how stuff really looks like there, quality wise) and you'll know. ;)

and 15 years ago was 15 years ago. back then mp3s were something that was thought to be new and cool - because hardly nobody realized the cost of quality yet, unfortunately.
imo it would be pretty unnatural and pretty awful if things hadn't changed at all since those days. 

ps. and let me add that nobody said we weren't happy that these surfaced at all.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Fabien G

Ok, so we all know the 9 songs from Bloodflowers, as well as 'spilt milk', 'possession', 'coming  up'.

the Bloodflowers demos I know are:

out of this world
watching me fall
where the birds always sing
ther is no if
the loudest song
+ spilt mix
+ just say yes
+lost flower1
+lost flower2
+lost flower3
+lost flower4

Where are 'maybe someday', 'the last day of summer', and 'bloodflowers'? Somebody have them?

We also know songs title 'heavy world', 'you're so happy', and 'everything forever'. which one is lost flower 1, 2, and 3, and what is the song title to 4?