hello everyone! cure songs inspired by literature...

Started by strange_as_angels, August 22, 2005, 20:51:42

Previous topic - Next topic

strange_as_angels

I just joined the forum and I thought I'd introduce myself! my name is nicola, im 16 and I live in england. I first heard the cure a couple of years ago on this 22 greatest bands thing, and was very intrigued by them! and over the next few months I gradually started to listen to them, but when i first heard "just like heaven" i had tears in my eyes. thats when i became kind of obsessed with how beautiful their music is! they definately changed my life!

just wondering if anyone has read any books that have inspired cure songs. i've read "the stranger" and "charlotte sometimes" and ive started reading "titus groan" all of which are brilliant! anyone else think that Robert has a good taste in literature?
"and you finally found all your courage to
let it all go"

Erik

Hi ,
I've read those too,  I think you meant the Gormenghast trilogy :)

I've also read The Cockatoos, and Les Enfants Terribles, as well as the stranger by Camus.

I have to admitI didn't enjoy them all,

I'd like to find the book that inpired disintegration (the song)  but can't find it (it's called party piece)
Erik

Plainsong

Good luck with the Gormenghast books--that was quite an endurance test for me and I read all the time!
Charlotte Sometimes is wonderful and someday I want Robert to sign my copy of the book since I never would have read it if not for the song!

strange_as_angels

I'd like to read that one too! disintegration is a fantastic song! it's written by Brian Patten, but i haven't found it yet!

charlotte sometimes is probably one of my favourite books! ever since i read it i've started reading a lot more books! it really got me back into reading! gormenghast is great but its taking a long time to read!

in a strange way, i almost have Robert to thank for my new-found love of literature!
"and you finally found all your courage to
let it all go"

Erik

Yeah,  I agree with you: Gormenghast took mmeforever to finish:  I think I got through the first 100pages three times before committing to it.

The third book was kinda way off track, but I liked the rest: especially the mood it gave.  What another world!
Erik