The Cure's Saddest Song?

Started by Bloodflower, February 01, 2007, 02:45:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Which song do you consider to be saddest?

All Cats Are Grey
6 (3.5%)
The Funeral Party
7 (4.1%)
Faith
15 (8.7%)
Cold
5 (2.9%)
The Top
0 (0%)
Sinking
4 (2.3%)
One More Time
3 (1.7%)
A Thousand Hours
2 (1.2%)
Plainsong
1 (0.6%)
Pictures of You
8 (4.7%)
Closedown
1 (0.6%)
Last Dance
2 (1.2%)
The Same Deep Water As You
30 (17.4%)
Homesick
4 (2.3%)
Untitled
4 (2.3%)
Apart
8 (4.7%)
From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
2 (1.2%)
Trust
5 (2.9%)
To Wish Impossible Things
5 (2.9%)
Treasure
5 (2.9%)
Bare
2 (1.2%)
Out Of This World
2 (1.2%)
The Last Day of Summer
5 (2.9%)
There Is No If...
6 (3.5%)
The Loudest Sound
3 (1.7%)
Cut Here
3 (1.7%)
Going Nowhere
0 (0%)
Secrets
2 (1.2%)
M
1 (0.6%)
Charlotte Sometimes
2 (1.2%)
Other (Please state)
29 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 170

scatcat

i agree billee.. it was emotional enuff without having my heart wrenched out.. :smth081
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

hertz32

I voted for other. I am stuck between Sugar Girl and It Used to be Me. 

Darth_Blood

I VOTE FOR ... OTHER  AND THAT OTHER IS .... A CHAIN OF FLOWERS!!!!

Lady

Quote from: Darth_Blood on November 21, 2007, 20:39:33
I VOTE FOR ... OTHER  AND THAT OTHER IS .... A CHAIN OF FLOWERS!!!!
Yeah I agree...a chain of flowers is dreadfully sad and melancholic...I cry when I listen to that, not just for lyrics or music, but 'cos it reminds me of old times, good things that are gone away, or people who passed away...that's what I think about when I listen to "a chain of flowers", for me it's the essence of melancholy! :cry:

And I have to confess that sometimes I'm afraid of this song (although I like it),'cos it makes me think of how I'd feel if I lost someone I love...and it's a terrible sensation, so I have to stop listening to that! :?

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

budvarka

Prague - 3.8. 1990
Brno - 23.8. 1998
Prague - 12.4. 2000
Prague - 21.2. 2008

tigermilk

i voted for 'the same deep water as you'.

faith, all cats are grey, plainsong etc. oh man, beautiful yet sad songs. i love them all. robert smith is a true poet.

revolt

"A Chain of Flowers" is probably the saddest one. I find it hard not to cry when I listen to it. But there´s no lack of tearjerking songs in the Cure catalogue... I suppose that´s one of the main reasons why most of us consider ourselves fans, or am I wrong?

coxoxi

I must say that a few days ago, I was feeling so bad, terrible.... I don't know why I started to listen to Cure... It wasn't the best idea in that moment, cause I've started to cry so hard when Pictures of you started... It was one of those days when you have to blow out everything bad outside of your system that was collecting for some time...

But I can't decide for the saddest song... I guess it could be The same deep water as you...

mint car

I voted for The Same Deep Water As You  :) when I heard for the first time this song I cried...
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

jbud1980

I figured The Same Deep Water As You would top the poll, so I chose Homesick instead. The piano is so utterly sad, yet beautiful. I also wanted to choose Lament because the title alone means to mourn. Just One Kiss is pretty "sad" as well.

somebody died for this
somebody died for just one kiss

:cry:

Joe

There was a time when I always skipped over "To Wish Impossible Things" just because it made me so upset while listening to it. I guess that is the power of music for you.

Eve_23

I think "The same deep water.." it s also my fav song)

tetanus

To me, the most sad and painful song is definitely Bloodflowers...

Trust...

I vote Other ...

For me it is A BOY I NEVER KNEW
At the concert in Rotterdam, Robert was so emotional with this song, he was crying, I felt sorry for him, it hits me in my heart.

Other after this: The drowning men, The funeral party and Faith, ...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

rubcure

Quote from: Trust... on June 21, 2008, 22:46:33
I vote Other ...

For me it is A BOY I NEVER KNEW
At the concert in Rotterdam, Robert was so emotional with this song, he was crying, I felt sorry for him, it hits me in my heart.

Other after this: The drowning men, The funeral party and Faith, ...

Wow, crying... what so hard  :( I agree with you A Boy I Never Knew is the saddest; not only for the lyrics, is the saddest because is really sad for Rob; I attended the concert in Mexico 21/oct/07 when this song was played for the first time... was a magical moment!!!  :smth023
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]