MTV Unplugged: KoRn online

Started by monghi, February 24, 2007, 19:43:59

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

just watched this complete korn set again. the first time i hated it - i felt so embarrassed somehow...
the second time, i'm still confused...
good: robert sounds (and looks) pretty good - that's promising, thinking about the upcoming album.  :smth023
and porl is porl. :)
not so good: jason looked like idiot behind his bongos, just like on the 13th videos/mimes...  :roll:
and poor simon, he simply looked so awfully bored, sitting there, just doing his job - i'm afraid....

i don't know. the korn singer-dude sounds just awful to me, that's all i can say. it's not that i dislike his style, but honestly because the vocals in many of their songs are simply written on completely wrong register for him! he's trying to sound very low and "heavy" but it's outside his more or less natural capabilities and so it sounds only a bit silly and faked. it's just painful to listen sometimes.
i don't really dislike korn absolutely hugely but i just find them to be rather uninteresting musically. some of their own songs in the set had some nice instrumentation, some really untypical things - like it's always exciting to see and hear someone actually playing a glass harmonica! (i think that was probably the best moment for me there...). but nevertheless, good arrangements  doesn't make them great songs. after a couple of listens: well... 
(and amy lee... ok.... uh-huh-HUHHHH! oh yes, i think i was most embarrassed to see robert performing in the same show with amy lee, even though they weren't on stage at the same time... :roll:  :lol:)

anyway: robert sounds good, that's the good thing. there's some hope!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine