Simpson collaboration

Started by kissingcrimson, April 04, 2007, 14:05:29

Previous topic - Next topic

kissingcrimson

Quote from: Bloodflower on March 30, 2007, 19:50:05
That's shameful. :smth011

This gets worse only one way: If the Robert Smith / Ashlee Simpson collaboration is more than a terrifying rumour.

according to Robert....(as posted on The Cure site)
4/3/2007 10:28:13 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

It kind of pisses me off that The Cure had these so called “fans” who would stop liking them after Robert did this, even though it’s not official.

AND I WONDER WHY "ITS NOT OFFICIAL"?

MAYBE BECAUSE I DIDNT ACTUALLY DO IT?

WOW...

COULD BE EH?

ANYWAY
BACK TO THE CURE ALBUM
WHICH IS ALMOST DONE
AND I'M SURE COULD HAVE BEEN DONE SO MUCH SOONER IF I WASNT OFF IN CUCKOO LAND SINGING WITH THE JESUS FAIRIES...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

I AM 'OFFICIALLY' NOT GOING TO BOTHER DENYING ANY MORE RUMOURS THIS YEAR - IT'S WAY TOO STUPID A WASTE OF MY TIME

(AND AS FOR MY WEEKLY GH ROUNDUP CONTAINING THIS GEM:
Have you been paying attention over the last 3 or 4 years? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
SANCTIMONIOUS ****... )

SO

I AM OFF TO COOL DOWN...

SINGING A CURE SONG!

LATER!
RSX
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

japanesebaby

Quote from: kissingcrimson on April 04, 2007, 14:05:29
4/3/2007 10:28:13 PM - by CURE:ROBERT

AND I'M SURE COULD HAVE BEEN DONE SO MUCH SOONER IF I WASNT OFF IN CUCKOO LAND SINGING WITH THE JESUS FAIRIES...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

so, sounds to me like we can expect a cuckoo land album feat. ashley simpson with the new voices of the jesus fairy freedom choir providing the backing vocals.
poor man, sounds like he's really in a grave grave need for a holiday...! :?

;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

rjl

Ok.

I am so starting a band called "The Jesus Fairies".

As of today.

See you in the studio, Bob!

edit: How does anyone find anything on the official site? The forum/comments set-up is a mess, both structurally and because of all of the "OHROBERTILOVEYOUCOMETOTANZANIAREALSOON" posts.

[labyrinth]

well,
this is annoying...really

also for Craig, such comments ! oh come on, we know you're not anymore in good relations but hey, you're running a Cure site....
and however, he's free to do everything he wants...or not? his (their) music won't change for this..

splitmilk34

f*cking tell 'em Bob.  All these whiny sons-of-bitches complaining about everything.  Remember when people like listening to music rather than bitching about it?
"... sleeping less every night"

japanesebaby

Quote from: rjl on April 04, 2007, 15:21:01
edit: How does anyone find anything on the official site? The forum/comments set-up is a mess, both structurally and because of all of the "OHROBERTILOVEYOUCOMETOTANZANIAREALSOON" posts.

agreed, the official site is nothing but a complete disgrace. and ok i do know what gandhi and jesus & the rest said and that violence is not a solution and we should all love our neighbors and so on but still sometimes i do hope that someone would just throw a bomb onto the "open topics" section there someday. it's populated with people who all seem to inhabit about two dozens of "different" personas in there (= clearly people talking to themselves a lot of times), the mods (that is in case you manage to tell the mods from the rest of the zoo-landers) are concentrating on conducting their weekly (daily?) so-called "drunk chats" and other highly entertaining, intelligent and especially very very cure-related issues. and all this happening in the name of the best band in the planet - oh god...  
not to mention that the whole site is a structural disaster too, like you said. and it even looks like crap too (they couldn't hire anyone pro enough to come up with a proper design??).  

i so DO hope that someone would have brains to terminate that whole "forum" (ha!) madness there when they re-design it the next time.
= Embarrassing with an E.  :oops: :oops: :oops:

rjl

IT DOES HOWEVER...
PERFECTLY FIT
BOB'S POSTING STYLE.

I'LL GIVE IT THAT.

JESUS FAIRIES!

Yeah, nuke it. There are plenty free/inexpensive alternatives, which usually a) work out of the box and b) are highly configurable if you wish to go that route. I mean, they can actually post RS's comments as "stickies", so normal people can actually see them if they so desire. As they it stands now, if he posts, he gets flooded with three times the "ROBERTYOUAREMYREASONFORBEINGIWANTTOGIVEYOUBABIESCOMEPLAYMYBACKYARD"'s.

dsanchez

Interesting:

An Open Letter To Robert Smith
http://blog.filter-mag.com/filter/2007/04/an_open_letter_.html

Ashlee Finds the Cure?
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20015768,00.html

Altought I disagree about such collaborations, perhaps Robert is thinking that by supporting those bands The Cure will get new fans (e.g. teenagers?

:smth017
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

strange_day

Quote from: splitmilk34 on April 04, 2007, 19:13:37
f*cking tell 'em Bob.  All these whiny sons-of-bitches complaining about everything.  Remember when people like listening to music rather than bitching about it?

Exactly  8)

japanesebaby

Quote from: rjl on April 04, 2007, 19:28:09
IT DOES HOWEVER...
PERFECTLY FIT
BOB'S POSTING STYLE.

I'LL GIVE IT THAT.

JESUS FAIRIES!

Yeah, nuke it. There are plenty free/inexpensive alternatives, which usually a) work out of the box and b) are highly configurable if you wish to go that route. I mean, they can actually post RS's comments as "stickies", so normal people can actually see them if they so desire. As they it stands now, if he posts, he gets flooded with three times the "ROBERTYOUAREMYREASONFORBEINGIWANTTOGIVEYOUBABIESCOMEPLAYMYBACKYARD"'s.

COULD BE... EH
I AGREE!

hey no wonder the old man einstein is about to have fairies in his attic these days...

the way in which everything that might be worth reading gets buried under all that teenage rubbish over there is amazing - so no-one there never really thought of the basic function where topics with new posts would hop on top of the list...?

the worst thing is that it seems to be run in a pretty irresposible way - you don't know whose "in charge", who's taking care of the whole thing, who to contact if you might need to - all this sort of basic functions are missing there.
i mean, can you view the memberlist? no, there is none... and moreover, can you view the list of mods/admin(s)? no you can't... and that's a bit weird.
i actually remember some people complaining about some other people making harassing/smirking posts there some time ago. then it turned out some of those were very likely mods on that site, just having their "fun" in their boredom... i saw some of it, it wasn't too nice.
over there anyone and everyone can actually change their screennames at will whenever they wish to (or just register a million accounts of course). and it's especially problematic that you can't tell the mods from the rest of it(!) - and that's just really weird, really hazy.
there isn't any kind of grip over there.

so by all means, somebody please nuke them - thanks! :smth067 :smth068 :smth070 :smth071

ANYWAY.

LATER!

[labyrinth]

Quote from: dsanchez on April 04, 2007, 20:08:11
Robert is thinking that by supporting those bands The Cure will get new fans (e.g. teenagers?

hmm, no! i don't think so.
Simply, he would find it "interesting"... but with not such target  :smth001

rjl

Am I the only one who expected something potentially good to come out of the Ross Robinson recordings?

Granted, I'm no fan of / know next to nothing about the bands he is most known for working with, but he did work with At The Drive-In on (what turned out to be) their final album, which (to me) sounds phenomenal, both in term of performance and overall sound.

I remember being weirded out by his involvement at first, too, but the end result definitely changed my opinion.

Suffice to say, I was genuinely excited to hear that he was working on the new Cure album.

...and, of course, was pretty let-down. Nothing really special, though there were a few good songs.

japanesebaby

Quote from: rjl on April 04, 2007, 20:51:46
Am I the only one who expected something potentially good to come out of the Ross Robinson recordings?

you're not alone with this. i remember reading a short inteerview with robinson concerning his admiration for 'disintegration'... i just managed to dug out this clipping from my ultimately messy archives, and unfortunately i've been a bit sloppy and there's no date or source mag included and i really can't remember where this came from and when exactly. anyway it was well before 2004.
it was published in a series called 'it changed my life: the star's ultimate albums', he had chosen 'disintegartion' and said:

"the album that has truly inspired me most in doing what i do today is 'Disintegration' by The Cure. i was actually into the band long before that album came out, but that was the one that opened things up for me. it inspired me vocal-wise, effect-wise and lyrically too. the guitar parts. the beats - everything about it is right. i memorized every single thing on that album and have almost used it like a kind of manual for when i'm producing records. there are probably not too many people who can hear The Cure's influence in my work, but it's definitely there in a big way. would i ever work with them? are you kidding? of course i would! the day that i produce The Cure is the day i quit producing altogether, because it really couldn't get any better than that."

i wasn't at all familiar with his work or any the bands he had produced by that time, nevertheless i remembered reading this and when the talk about robinson producing the next cure album came out i kind of felt pretty hopeful and waiting with a silent interest.
unfortunately i have to say i wasn't too impressed in the end though.

Janko

:?

This is bad...
Oh, man, this is so bad...

But, why?
Why?!

That new album better be 10/10 !!!

PS

"Or else..."
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

rjl

ROBERTOMGYOUARESODREAMYIHADTHEBESTDREAMABOUTYOULASTNIGHTYOUWEREPOSTINGONTHISBOARD!

:-D
Ok, I'll stop.