Best off Join the Dots?

Started by KingOfSomeIsland, April 19, 2007, 07:19:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Virpi

my favourite songs of this collection are

A Chain Of Flowers and This Twilight Garden
...cry like the stone white clown and stand lost forever in a happy crowd...

Carnage Visor

I'd have to say all, but right now I'm thinking:

S-S-S-S-STOP DEAD

Very catchy/New Wave-y song.

I also love "I WANT TO BE OLD", and find the lyrics very ironic considering that was one of Robert's fears at one point (to grow old)

Poe

Join The Dots, such a scrumptious collection of songs. So hard to pick a few favorites...

Well, I'm very grateful for the Maybe Someday acoustic version, like it more than the original. More Than This is good, and I hear it's from the X-files! Originally written for the show/movie, perchance? Oh and To the sky: the melody sounds kind of breezy, like a cold and beautiful spring morning, and then Robert sings the first line "One perfect morning I was all alone..." Happy-sad perfection!

Someone has said Freak Show/Don't Say Anything sounds like Throw your foot, but I don't hear that, do you? I like em both!

Here's a list of where the songs come from (what single and so forth):

http://imaginaryboys.altervista.org/english/cure/discography/dots_album.htm
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

mint car

I love A Chain Of Flowers, The Big Hand, To The Sky...  :P :P
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

r1ghteousone

Can't think of too many artists who've had such great songs as flip-sides...maybe only Prince/The Banshees.    'A Chain of Flowers' stands out - it's good enough to be an album track...no doubt. Pretty much all of the first two discs contains top-notch material though.

fannwenner

Breathe, Burn, Fear of ghosts

tigermilk

10:15 Saturday Night is a Cure classic!!
The Big Hand (love the guitars), Lament, Plastic Passion, Splintered In Her Head, A Japanese Dream, Fear Of Ghosts, Etc etc...

Every song on the box set is wonderful. What a great band The Cure are, to have such brilliant b-sides.  :smth020

othervoices13

There are so many great songs here...Some that I've heard before and many new. The best discoveries for me are:

This Twilight Garden (how is this not on Wish?)
2 Late
The Exploding Boy
Fear of Ghosts
A Japanese Dream
Babble
a smile to hide the fear away

Whiskers

10:15 Saturday Night
Descent
New Day
The Exploding Boy
To The Sky
Babble
2 Late
Fear Of Ghosts
Burn
This Is A Lie (Ambient Mix)

fiction

Quote from: Whiskers on March 18, 2010, 22:46:00
The Exploding Boy

My dream of a B-side collection with Cure started in 1985 with this brilliant track hidden as a B-side on In Between Days. Still one of their absolute top three tunes if You ask me.
again and again and again and again and again and...