Petition pays off for Cure fans

Started by dsanchez, June 13, 2007, 16:23:08

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Petition pays off for Cure fans

Alternative rock act The Cure is coming to New Zealand thanks to a petition organised by a couple of diehard New Plymouth fans.

Story here --> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4093708a1860.html
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

psychophysio

Hooray! I get to see them again! I have seen them at Mt Smart in 1992 and then in the UK a few times when I lived there between 1996 and 2001.

I know this isn't the right place to ask but:

I have a DVD of the 1992 Mt smart Supertop concert and was wondering what would be the best way to trade for/share it? It is from a camera in the crowd at the show - not great quality but quite watchable and a nice record of the show. I have been thinking of trying to extract the audio and making a FLAC bootleg of it as the only recording I have heard of the concert was a dodgy mp3.

Any ideas?

Three Imaginary Boys

All credit to the band for taking notice in this - tours are explensive so this is no small matter. :rocker

themurderchair

this kind of news makes me happy, way to listen to your fans.
i might be making this up but haven't they responded to petitions like this before?
i swear i read somewhere that an australian leg of one of their tours was included as a result of a petition
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

Gothfiend

Quote from: psychophysio on June 16, 2007, 06:52:03
I have a DVD of the 1992 Mt smart Supertop concert and was wondering what would be the best way to trade for/share it? It is from a camera in the crowd at the show - not great quality but quite watchable and a nice record of the show.

Hey psycho, I think I have some footage from that NZ jaunt(Welly and press conference as well I think) on tape from years back.  Im gonna trawl through my old shit and see what I can find.  This is gonna be my first time Ive actually got to see them live, better late than never huh  :roll:

psychophysio

Hey psycho, I think I have some footage from that NZ jaunt(Welly and press conference as well I think) on tape from years back.  Im gonna trawl through my old shit and see what I can find.  This is gonna be my first time Ive actually got to see them live, better late than never huh  :roll:
[/quote]

Nice one - I used to have the Wellington show on video tape as well, but lent it to someone and never got it back :cry: Pity really as from memory the camera angle was better for that one than for the Auckland show. Let us know if you find it!

Gothfiend

No problem, give me a few days, tell you exactly what I have.  I never like lending out, especially precious bootlegs, I hope you never do that again!!  Throw me a list of all your boots / rarities on here if you want as well  :D 

psychophysio

There was a little interview with Bob last night on Campbell Live in NZ - they sent one of the guys who organised the petition for NZ to Melbourne to interview Mr Smith and see the concert. It seemed a bit mean that they would only pay for 1 flight so they had to toss a coin to see who went over.

Nice little interview, Robert said he thought the Cure had been over here sometime since 2000 and said he used to enjoy the NZ tours they did in the 80s although he suspected they were just a way for Chris Parry to get a cheap holiday at home! He also hinted that one of his craziest and most debauched weeks occurred down here with the banshees but declined to elaborate further..... Also said they used to play their show and then go play in someones garage or basement afterwards as they were so hyped up.

There was some good video footage of Melbourne too!

Gothfiend

Well so much for the boots etc, but thats ok.

Thanks, I didnt hear anything about that on Campbell, oh well.  Im off soon.

Plainsong

Quote from: psychophysio on August 13, 2007, 20:41:46
There was a little interview with Bob last night on Campbell Live in NZ - they sent one of the guys who organised the petition for NZ to Melbourne to interview Mr Smith and see the concert. It seemed a bit mean that they would only pay for 1 flight so they had to toss a coin to see who went over.

I just watched the video of this and at the end the guy who did go to Melbourne said that Robert invited both of the guys to come backstage in Auckland tomorrow, so the other one's not going to be left out altogether. (And that was quite nice of Robert, too.)

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

psychophysio

Quote from: Gothfiend on August 13, 2007, 22:51:23
Well so much for the boots etc, but thats ok.

Sorry about that - quite busy at work and many things to list. I have tomorrow off so will do a list and flick it on to you. See you tonight (if your Curefans shirt has arrived!)
Mike

Miladojka Youneed

anyone has this article saved, i need it for my fanblog, anybody??  :smth100
For always and ever it's always for you...

http://cure.mojblog.co.yu

ROGUE

:rocker   Now this is awsum, I hadnt realised,
that this is how NZ came about WOW :D