2008.06.11 Tampa - St. Pete Times Forum (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:08:01

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

From COF

Sound check: Charlotte Sometimes

Setlist: Underneath The Stars, Prayers For Rain, Fascination Street, The Walk, The End of the World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, Catch, The Perfect Boy, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Kyoto Song, Hot Hot Hot, The Blood, Sleep When I'm Dead, Push, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, The Only One, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Baby Rag Dog Book

1st encore: Lovecats, Let's Go To Bed, Freakshow, Close To Me, Why Can't I Be You?

2nd encore: Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab

3rd encore: A Forest

Tickets

Venue details

http://www.sptimesforum.com/

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

Anyone from curefans going to this one....besides me?

curekid

Quote from: j on August 15, 2007, 01:04:12
Anyone from curefans going to this one....besides me?

im going...anybody hear if there is an afterparty? at the castle maybe?

j

Got me...I have a 6am flight home the next morning, so I won't be out too late!

j

I was supposed to be on a plane in 6 hours to head to Tampa for the first night of the US tour...... :roll:

Giuseppe Eisonhawk

I'm super frothing. I'm on Porl's amp side (L) & can't wait to see how loud they'll crank that in the 4th row. Definatly pics this time :smth023
may it be me or it maybe you

japanesebaby

Quote from: Giuseppe Eisonhawk on June 10, 2008, 21:04:49
I'm super frothing. I'm on Porl's amp side (L) & can't wait to see how loud they'll crank that in the 4th row. Definatly pics this time :smth023

that sounds like a rather good spot: imo porl's side is where you want to be, and closer you are the better you can hear him. and there's a lot to hear there, worth it for sure.

(don't forget to take those pics! ;))
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

No kidding.  You really appreciate Porl as a musician when you can actually hear him playing.

crowbi_wan

Plus he's fun to watch, spinning around, shredding, doing his guitar hero poses and all. :smth035  Heck, he even gets carried away and knocks his amps over on occasion  :rocker

DJscribbles

not to mention hes awfully sexy! *ahem* *cough*
..but yeah - keep an eye out for his twirling and those shoes! maybe Tampa will get lucky and we'll see another si and porl kiss!  :-D
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

Cold Colours

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 10, 2008, 22:38:57
Plus he's fun to watch, spinning around, shredding, doing his guitar hero poses and all. :smth035  Heck, he even gets carried away and knocks his amps over on occasion  :rocker

Definitely.  He is quite the showman.  I stood right in front of Porl down in the pit in Santa Barbara because I really wanted to see how he performed up close.  Porl really is an exceptional guitarist.  The sound was loud and strong right up by the barriers (well, okay, I was about 2 to 3 people away but close enough).  He ripped it up during his solos.  The best part about Porl's performances on the current tour these days is his confidence level.  He seems so comfortable with the catalog of songs they are playing that he can embellish and add awesome little flourishes to his playing style.  He'll whip around in tight circles, he'll flail and smack away at the guitar to produce interesting intonations, or just throw back his head and let his fingers do the walking.  His solowork on the heavier songs was intense at times.  Porl really let loose with some furious riffage, especially during "One Hundred Years" which was quite possibly the meanest, nastiest, gnarliest version I've ever personally witnessed live.

Also, like a panda or lion in the zoo, Porl is just plain fun to observe in his natural habitat.  He does some odd, endearing little things during the show.  At one point inbetween songs during the Santa Barbara show, for reasons unapparent to this observer, he grabbed hold of his guitar, brought it up to his face, proceeded to put it in his mouth and pretend that he was taking a bite out of it.  Another interesting thing is that he would quickly swap out guitars right in the middle of a song and start the lead or rhythm part right from where he left off.  I loved his two beautiful, big white Schecter Corsair guitars with the artwork emblazoned on them.  He also sports a smaller black Schecter with gorgeous blue scrollwork on the body that reflects and captures the stage lighting in pretty little patterns.  If you're a guitar groupie then hanging out in front of Porl's little playground at the left side of the crowd is a rewarding experience for certain.

And, as Crowbi_wan already mentioned, you may see something you don't always see at a Cure show, like him taking a header and crashing into his Cornfords  :lol:.
[i]Follow me to where the real fun is[/i]

Giuseppe Eisonhawk

The Dallas show was so great. I'm wondering how my friend Erik, who I'm taking (my 9th time) to see The Cure live for His very 1st time is gonna like it? For me, this is gonna try'n top Dallas's floor again too & it did! I just new it would be a good time because The Cure have played every where in central FL except here & this was the big night

Sound check: Charlotte Sometimes

65DaysOfStatic are an awesome band doing things so creative and you just really have got to try and get just one of their new releases. 65DOS are cool.  65DOS define new metal.
the fondness of all things orange juice told was true
I reminded them & shouted from the front that there were "just 10 More Days!"
so this band was about to rock the next 10 nights with 11 more shows (ATL had 2 right?)
All my 3 friends I took in ATL liked them alot. My Lutheren friend I took tonight just could not.
If ANY ONE wants to trade THE CURE music for 65DOS music
PM me PLEASE!
on we go...

the lights go out
(intro) waves cresting...
"Uhh"-nderneath The Stars
epic begining so much going on lights and all just the deepest blues & purples so cool lights are shining on you, Porl's feedback is just righteous, so unique and delivering and than you and all you are all there and woosh swing you weee yay! all doing the back stroke. pretending to nestea plunge. it's still the waves breaking intro. I yelled to Simon...
we were on the right side,
sike your mind;
"Rip It!"
I'm pretty sure I hoot'd dirty south style & ruined all the tapers and the end though I
sorry
Prayers For Rain
right on time except maybe not enough bassy keyboard parts "duh"
Fascination Street
Tampa crowd lamest ever sorry but the crowds are loosing all enthusiasim or it's all on generation next or whatever but it like people donn't even know it but I have hit this band rocking entirelessly each and every venhue in hillsbourgh since Wish. Porl is got the enitre stage tilting left with his licks.   
The Walk
already hooked on 65DaysofStatic ex-vet minesweeper, my aged lifeguard friend "Pritch" is somewhere way up in obstruck'd view dancing, smileing & getting more than his money's worth it too! :roll:   
The End of the World
Lovesong so, so, so, infinately charmed I'm sure. Robert rules at wrighting.
To Wish Impossible Things really moving I'm going bananas
Pictures Of You Simon's bass, I'm in a trance, & biggest applause ever after too
Lullaby what is it that makes you want to watch so cool things
long. pause. inbetween
extra perky non-verbage and...
Catch the only truely hunky way to be & delightful 
The Perfect Boy dood! Smiffy did not say what He said before the extra long pause again
From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
Porl toatally changed his imaginary guitars right during his phenomenal guitar solo he did'nt miss a look, a lad or a lash at all. Toatally moving. the return with Porl back'n the band this asian cycle & The Cure are a happening!
Kyoto Song
it was like Robert went all out further on the stage than in the encores
but
I could be wrong hmmmmmmmm
Hot Hot Hot
snappy, beat cuts & it was like tennis shoes in a dryer on the floor Tampa is as into it as ever by now
The Blood
those with popular guatemalans, puerto ricans, mexican & lebanese heritage were all swaying, bouncing up & down into a semi-pogo state
Sleep When I'm Dead scary
but
The Cure music can still be made from it. Did'nt they just do that with the B.B.'s & 'P.O.B.'
Push
yes yes yes
Inbetween Days yes yes yes
Just Like Heaven, yes yes yes
a state of pure pop & must
Primary
the best ever right Simon is a the 1 I want to love listening to forever.
Shake Dog Shake
yea my three favorite songs in a row
The Only One
almost
Wrong Number
more p2p guitar CO-partnerings & reCOrdings YES
One Hundred Years
this song is dedicated to any one say my age, 33 yes my generation, when The Cure belt this out ...it feels like forever. modern new metal interstellar sonics waves on steroids!
shearing searing awesome guitar roaring
It's Over
bullshit, the Cure can still carry on as many moons as they want take us to Orange in reverse & start it up again, this was the begining of the end of the 4 TOUR
and
... the 4 TOUR, it's over.
Lovecats, Let's Go To Bed, Freakshow, Close To Me, Why Can't I Be You?
the real raddest imaginary stage entrances & exits
always to the right
&
towards us...
:D
Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt,
pogoing all the way through just keep to going keep going my friend I took is threw the roof! 8)
soo smooth & silky up tempo non ending medly-mash
I'm thinking if they flew their motor bikes in sto FL maybe ride :smth023
10:15 Saturday Night,

Killing Another,
and then...
how dareing
A Forest bonanza :shock: new intros deliver & make it best sounding version. You're going to the next show fo sho. & if you beat the traffic you chug. Got two or three semi-guitar solos from Robert, all the feedback in the world & 2 guitar pics
;)
& Porl's set list from the radest roadie...
Finally, (thanks for reading this)
did the seasoned veteren aged roadie guy named "Trevor" ever get to finish customize pimping his couch? yo
dood was majorlly overhauling this entire sofa before going on tour with Nine Inch Nails in true throw-back trucker nature style. I'd bet he is in background one of Trent's new tour DVD's my friend on the inside & I are chuckleing now telling this story all over again 'bout how he was mack pimping his space. Ahhhh trucker roadie life on the road again kinda seems alot of fun like with The Cure!
does he x moto bike too?
mmmmmmm
:oops:   
may it be me or it maybe you