2008.05.10 Philadelphia - Wachovia Spectrum (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

"Simon is wearing a winter hat with ear covers"

:lol:

Plainsong

YAY to see Fascination Street back. :)
I can't wait to see a photo of Simon's hat.

j

They are much louder than last night. All seem to be in a good mood.  No technical problems with the screens yet.  This is j reporting live from Philly for curefans.  Back to you kent!

j

Plainsong

Quote from: j on May 11, 2008, 03:07:19
I have several pics of the hat!

AWESOME.
Double awesome for Maybe Someday being played!! I hope Robert had the lyrics taped to his guitar tonight.

crowbi_wan

crowbi_wan

I suppose I could just fill in the next six songs. 

Hopefully there will be enough time for a fourth encore after the "old school" one. 

Plainsong

I'd kind of like to see the whole 7 song old school encore get played instead of the pop encore if they're that pressed for time. Let's Go To Bed and Freak Show vs. Fire in Cairo and 3IB? I'm going with the latter every time. The old school stuff sounds light years better with this lineup than the pop stuff does.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Plainsong on May 11, 2008, 04:43:01
I'd kind of like to see the whole 7 song old school encore get played instead of the pop encore if they're that pressed for time. Let's Go To Bed and Freak Show vs. Fire in Cairo and 3IB? I'm going with the latter every time. The old school stuff sounds light years better with this lineup than the pop stuff does.

I agree with you 100%.  Leaving off 3IB and FIC on some nights is a shame.

crowbi_wan

DJscribbles

oh, so they allowed cameras tonight as well?
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

j

Just got home from the show (and since I am on my home turf, I didn't get lost!)  Just tried to transfer the pics to my laptop using a different card reader, but no luck.  Maybe I'll just dump them on the desktop while I sleep, then burn a dvd, then upload them tomorrow night when I get back to my weekday home.

I am off to bed now....I've had 2 hours of sleep in the past 44 hours! :smth100

PArealtor

Just got home.. Great seats in row 2 section 215.  My entire row was practically empty which must have looked odd since I went alone. (wife wasnt feeling well and we have a new baby) 

Great show. 3 hours.. They started at 8pm and finished at 11pm.  Very disappointed they didnt play Disintergration, a forest or charolette sometimes.  I expected at least 1 or 2 of those three to make it. Wouldnt have missed Never enough, alt.end and maybe someday if they were replaced by the others.  Oh well.. Considering I paid for 2 tickets and only used one I guess Im a little cranky.  Surprised to see the spectrum was only 1/2 full too.  Took a few photos with my phone and will try to post them tomorrow. very tired.

Joe

"Let's go to bed" wasn't played in the second encore, "Close to me" was.

And yes, tonight's show was excellent. It was my first Cure show as well.  :smth023

japanesebaby

thanks again for j for coverage :smth038
hope you get some well-deserved sleep  :smth015

i can understand that people who only saw this show (so far) will miss 'a forest', but otherwise i'd say not so bad encores. nice to see 'iotwcs'/'the kiss' back there!

spectrum was only half-full?

(maybe simon was wearing a hat to hide the fact that his most recent hair-dyeing has gone  somehow horribly wrong? :-P)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine