2008.05.10 Philadelphia - Wachovia Spectrum (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

carycameron

I notice the melody in The Only One sounded different, more piano like. reminds me a bit of Just Like Heaven. I haven't heard the single yet, but i guess its closer to what it will sound like.  

j

Quote from: cure_kitty on May 12, 2008, 17:23:14
I've added some pictures from the Philly Show to the Gallery.  They are not the best, a bit dark....I'm not the best photographer but a few I got were not too bad.   :lol:

I will be adding about 200 or so pics from Philly this evening...

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on May 12, 2008, 18:31:17
I've added some pictures from the Philly Show to the Gallery.  They are not the best, a bit dark....I'm not the best photographer but a few I got were not too bad.   :lol:

thanks for pics for both :)
(@cure_kitty: nice ones!)

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

bbernardini

Check in the "Torrent Updates" section for a little surprise. ;)  :smth020

cure_kitty

Quote from: j on May 12, 2008, 18:31:17

Thanks in advance j!  Can't wait to check them out!  :-D

cure_kitty

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 12, 2008, 19:57:58

thanks for pics for both :)
(@cure_kitty: nice ones!)
Thank you japanesebaby.  I'm glad you like them.  I wish they were a little bit better. I wasn't to far from the stage but being in the 1st level seats you can't get the best angle like you would on the floor...Stage lights & people heads got in the way!   A lot of my pictures that are not posted in the gallery came out quite blurry & distorted.  But I'm surprised I actually got some decent ones.   

If anyone wants to see them all the good & very bad just checkout my photobucket page.
http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii145/ddalasio/The%20Cure%20Philly%202008/

DJscribbles

love the pics!

@cure_kitty, were you shooting manual?
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

j

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on May 13, 2008, 05:13:48
All of my pics are in the gallery... :shock:

Thanks for the MANY photos.   :smth023  You were in row 17, right?  Curious how much zoom your camera has?

DJscribbles

Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

j

Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 13, 2008, 05:50:07

Thanks for the MANY photos.   :smth023  You were in row 17, right?  Curious how much zoom your camera has?

I was in row 17 for the Fairfax show, Row 13 for the Philly show.  This new camera only has a 4x optical, and I think it is 4x digital (my old camera was 10x optical, so I have been spoiled!).

Quoteby the way j, what camera were you using?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX35K 10MP Digital Camera with 4x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom.  I can take wide angle shots with it (16:9).  That's what the majority of the pics are.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-FX35K-Digital-Optical-Stabilized/dp/tech-data/B0011Z9VX0/ref=de_a_smtd

cure_kitty

Quote from: DJscribbles on May 12, 2008, 23:13:39
love the pics!

@cure_kitty, were you shooting manual?

Glad you like them DJscribbles!  :D  As I said before they are not that good as compared to what j took!  His are great!  :smth023  I was shooting in automatic not manual.  So I just had to accept what the camera did to get the best picture.  I should have took them in manual mode but I just got this new digital camera & I haven't learned how to use all of the features yet. I'm sure I could have done something to make them better if I know what to do.  Anyways, where I was sitting it was dark & even though I was close to the stage, it was still far enough away that when I used the zoom lens, it made the pictures distorted.  I'm no photographer, I'm just glad to get a few decent ones that night.

cure_kitty

The are really good!  :smth023  Thanks again for sharing & helping me remember one great night!  :-D

cure_kitty

The Cure got a good write up in the Philadelphia Inquirer for Saturday's night show. :smth023

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/18853769.html

PArealtor

what did Mr Smith have against Philly that night.. No A Forest and no disintergration.  All other dates have had both or at least one or the other.   

damnit!