2008.05.17 Rosemont - Allstate Arena (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:13:34

Previous topic - Next topic

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: j on August 22, 2007, 11:59:01
I think the wife and I are going to live it up a bit for this....we have reservations at The Drake

http://www.thedrakehotel.com/?WT.srch=1

THE DRAKE!  DAMN!  Major major money needed to stay there.

Altho...one year The Cure did stay there....dunno if they do anymore.

iwannashagsimon

Sorry everyone.....

The Chicago Cure fan get together is postponed until further notice.

j

Chili's may go out of business now.  Thanks for the notice.  Is it postponed because you need to finish the record first?

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: j on August 26, 2007, 02:04:29
Chili's may go out of business now.  Thanks for the notice.  Is it postponed because you need to finish the record first?

It's postponed cos we don't know if anyone will come or not.  If some folks decide to come to Chicago anyway cos they can't get refunds for their flights/hotels we'll have it. 

Right now the gal who is organizing it is just hoping some people will want to meet even tho there is no concert.

Soxguy

it's all good Chi-town!!

whats a few more months right? Hell, I'd wait a few more years if i had to. lots of angry folks out there right now. i think it's just because of flight/hotel scheduling. don't get me wrong, I'd be a little upset also but just knowing this will be my first Cure show and just knowing that our tickets are still good for the spring, makes my frown turn upside down..hehe

We are however going to have to eat the $$$ on the hotel room unless the Boyzz announce the spring dates by the 15th of September...PLEASE!!! Our hotel was right across the street from the arena and as alcohol-drenched as our livers were going to get, stumbling distance from the show was kinda cool.

to Robert and the boyz: Do what ya gotta do fellas. we'll definitely see you in the spring.
Peace out!

"...Ambition in the back of a black Car"

Soxguy

sooooo...still nothing on new dates huh?  I'm glad to be back home.  i turned 40 last Friday and went back east for a little partytime..hehe

hey j, a few of my friends back east told me i should stay at the Drake if I'm in chicago.  i told them you and ur better half were going.  i also told them to start saving a a buck a day for my room. come spring i should be able to stay at least a night...hehehe

nahhh, I'm pretty easy. my pals and i were staying at the Wyndam across the street from the arena so thats more than likely what we'll do in the spring.

I'll shout back soon.  HAPPY FRIDAY FRIENDS!!!

Soxguy

this day just got all kinds of better!!!  this is how much better this weekend  (which for me starts today) is going to be....

1.  got the best news about the rescheduled Chicago Cure show today.  we were able to get the room we had by getting these dates today.  sweeeeeeet!!

2.  my Red Sox start a 3 game series against our arch enemies the Yankees tomorrow,..and it's PAYDAY...haha

3. Lincoln will be the hottest place in the midwest on Saturday night because college footballs #1 USC comes to town to play our beloved HUSKERS, who by the way are #14.

4. ...and what can i say about sunday.  after Saturday night I'll probably wake up wicked late, watch the Sox/Yanks and then Football all day.

honestly, the Cure's news for me, has to be the highlite of this "NOTHING can piss me off" weekend.   haha

CHEERS!!!

lostflower4

Quote from: Soxguy on September 13, 2007, 17:52:443. Lincoln will be the hottest place in the midwest on Saturday night because college footballs #1 USC comes to town to play our beloved HUSKERS, who by the way are #14.

Game is starting in a few minutes. This should be a good one. Hopefully Nebraska will have better luck than Iowa did when they played Ohio State last year (the #1 team at the time).

I'll be pulling for Nebraska tonight. ;)

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on September 16, 2007, 02:09:27
Quote from: Soxguy on September 13, 2007, 17:52:443. Lincoln will be the hottest place in the midwest on Saturday night because college footballs #1 USC comes to town to play our beloved HUSKERS, who by the way are #14.

Game is starting in a few minutes. This should be a good one. Hopefully Nebraska will have better luck than Iowa did when they played Ohio State last year (the #1 team at the time).

I'll be pulling for Nebraska tonight. ;)

Screw Nebraska  :smth093  Being a UW fan I should be pulling for USC since they'll play each each other and UW knocking off USC would be HUGE!  Like it'll happen, but it's nice to dream  :P   Dammit, I HATE USC though!!!  And don't get me started on Ohio St.  :smth076   

Soxguy

QuoteScrew Nebraska    Being a UW fan I should be pulling for USC since they'll play each each other and UW knocking off USC would be HUGE!  Like it'll happen, but it's nice to dream     Dammit, I HATE USC though!!!  And don't get me started on Ohio St.     

well the weekend didn't go exactly as planned but at least the Rosemont show didn't get rescheduled.  We pretty much knew USC would roll us and as for my RedSox, we Blew 2 out of the three games the worst being on Friday.  i left the bar when it was 7-2 good guys in the top of the 8th.  got home and saw we lost 8-7. WTF!!!
hope this week is good for you.  i need my coffee!!!

Meddy

Does anyone know if it's still going to be a half arena set up? 
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

rodney

I'd imagine so.  I'm yet to see any tickets available from areas that would only be usable in a full arena setting.

iwannashagsimon

Someone already posted the seating chart on this thread.  It's gonna be the same way they set up for the Barenaked Ladies.

Just search this thread, can't miss it--HUGE white photo with lines all over. :)

rodney

That chart is also to scale, so you can print it out and see exactly where you'll be sitting!

iwannashagsimon

Some guy took a shot of the inside of the Allstate Arena (during a Wiggles show), but it'll give all of you a basic idea of what it'll look like in there.

Just imagine where the stage extends out is Section 1....