What will you wear to The Cure gigs?

Started by Sussex, July 30, 2007, 11:23:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Sussex

What is the bad luck that you mean if you wear Cure shirts?
"Thick As Shit"

iwannashagsimon

People just act rude towards me when I wear one.

Um...got into a car crash wearing one..

Met driver Christiano DaMatta whilst wearing one...and later HE got into a bad wreck!

I could be brave and wear the curefans one when I check in to the hotel.  But I'm afraid if I do I'll have problems checking in!

(yes, I am paranoid!)

japanesebaby

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on August 13, 2007, 11:46:21
Um...got into a car crash wearing one..

Met driver Christiano DaMatta whilst wearing one...and later HE got into a bad wreck!

I could be brave and wear the curefans one when I check in to the hotel.  But I'm afraid if I do I'll have problems checking in!

(yes, I am paranoid!)

but maybe (just maybe) you got into a car crash because the other driver was wearing a duranduran t-shirt? i mean THAT would simply be bad enough to the point of causing accidents. and respectively, maybe damatta was secretly wearing a celine dion t-shirt when he got unlucky.
ok sorry for bad jokes...
anyway, what i mean is paranoias are not good for you (i'm positive, i can assure you) so if one can avoid having one then all the better.

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on August 13, 2007, 11:46:21
People just act rude towards me when I wear one.

yes, that happens unfortunately. i've worn band shirts at work (and i work at the university of (classical) music) and i've got people sneering at me for it several times. maybe because other people there are bound to wear "johann sebastian bach, 250th anniversary" or "the 11th international jean sibelius violin competition" t-shirts so i don't exactly fit in. or maybe i'm too olds to wear band t-shirts? huh whatever.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

iwannashagsimon

I'm afraid to say in some cases it is Cure fans wearing Cure shirts whilst I am wearing a Cure shirt who are rude to me.  Why?  I dunno.  They give me dirty looks and never talk to me.   Maybe I'm not goth enough! :smth001

Or maybe they can sense with some weird Cure ESP that I don't like Robert! :smth043

japanesebaby

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on August 13, 2007, 13:39:34
I'm afraid to say in some cases it is Cure fans wearing Cure shirts whilst I am wearing a Cure shirt who are rude to me.  Why?  I dunno.  They give me dirty looks and never talk to me.   Maybe I'm not goth enough! :smth001

well hmm, i'm not sure if it's the same but sometimes i've noticed something similar when i'm to see some concert. but it's usually people in groupds/with friends with similar t-shirt than themselves who do this and it's like "who do you think you are and hey don't just start trying to push yourself here now don't you see i have my own friends here already now byebye" kind of thing(?). but then again people who go to concerts be themselves (like i do) are usually not behaving like that towards you. just an impression...

but not goth enough? well i'm not sure somehting super-goth is an option, really... besides, i think a great majority of cure fans are not espevcially goth-looking these days. it's actually hard to spot a cure fan anymore because as people get older they don't wear t-shirts anymore and cut their hair so that they can get a decent job and so you just pass them by in the street without ever noticing anything. i often find that the minority that still wears t-shirts are simply so much younger than me that they probably don't want to talk to me because they think i'm too old! haha

Or maybe they can sense with some weird Cure ESP that I don't like Robert! :smth043

you don't like robert? but hey that's great! too many people worship him anyway and wear these "robert smith is god" pins and everything. :-D
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

silversand

What should that be? You're not goth enough? I've seen at Cure Concerts fans they weren't dressed in black. They wore e. g. a blue or red shirt or something like that. Sorry, i can't remember it exactly.
But if you want to wear a t-shirt at a Cure Concert do it!
Okay i wear always black at concerts, but i don't mind if someone doesn't :)

I wouldn't wear them in everydays life. Okay i have to confess that i don't wear Cure t-shirts,
because i fear that they break down or something like that.

You don't have to like Robert or worship him. Many people do that.
Okay i like Robert very much, because he writes beautiful lyrics etc., but i like all the members
of the band. So maybe i'm neutral :)

iwannashagsimon

I'm glad folks here don't mind I'm not a Robert fan.  Years ago some girl told me "How can you call yourself a Cure fan?  You don't even like Robert."  So I'm not a Cure fan.  I'm a Simon fan. :-D

But sadly, no Simon only shirts so Sidney will have to do.

rjl

crowbi_wan

Quote from: rjl on August 14, 2007, 19:18:55

:smth043

Sweet threads!

Stashing a camcorder under that hat?  The cane doubles as a monopod?   

Sussex

"Thick As Shit"

Carnage Visor

I'd wear something like what Robert would wear back in the day, perhaps...if I could find those clothes. Some odd/colorful pants, big fat shoes, a jacket of some sort (one that looks retro) or a trenchcoat, and I'd try to get my hair like Robert's, which I want anyway.

rjl

QuoteSome odd/colorful pants

Check.

Quotebig fat shoes

Check.

Quotea jacket of some sort (one that looks retro)

Check and check!

Quotemy hair like Robert's

Hm.

Well, at least I've got a fly pimp-cane and a "smoov" walk.

But seriously... I'll probably wear whatever I happen to put on that morning, before work.

j

Yup....looks just like my son from Halloween last year.

crowbi_wan

Yeah, go ahead, where your pimp suits and stick out like a soar thumb.  I for one tend to keep things real and just blend in...

Rock all night is right  :rocker

j

Brian...you weren't kidding about the shaggy hair!