North American Fall 2007 Cure shows re-scheduled for Spring

Started by vincent, August 24, 2007, 15:44:51

Previous topic - Next topic

rjl

Quote from: rodney on August 27, 2007, 14:23:15
I've gotten info about getting refunds but has anyone heard anything about exchanges?

If you mean using the tickets at a later date, then yes... From TM (well, the pertinent excerpts):

Thank you for your e-mail regarding order number XXXXXXXXXX. The Cure at Agganis Arena has been postponed. The new date is yet to be announced. Your original tickets that you allready have in hand will be honored for the new date (your seats will remain the same), or you may obtain a refund by replying with the requested information below.

Regarding order number XXXXXXXXX. The Cure at Madison Square Garden has been postponed. Your original tickets that you allready have in hand will be honored for the new date (your seats will remain the same), or you may obtain a refund by replying with the requested information below.

Now let's just hope that they play the same venues.

rjl

Quote from: ernest newman on August 26, 2007, 18:08:16
well, one way to make this better....when they do reschedule, cancel the opening band and do it like 1996.

This is the correct answer.

:smth023

lostflower4

Quote from: j on August 27, 2007, 12:26:03
Someone on the cure's website was saying that they couldn't understand why the Americans were pissed about the shows being cancelled, and said that we get all of the shows.  I put together this synopsis in relation to that post:

2007: 1 US show out of 16 shows
2006: 0 out of 1
2005: 0 out of 10
2004: 25 out of 49
2003: 1 out of 2
2002: 0 out of 17
2001: 0 out of 3
2000: 29 out of 67
1999: 1 out of 1
1998: 0 out of 15

No shit...

And I never understood this envy the Europeans have for us getting Curiosa. Ummm... There were plenty of European shows before that. Just look at the numbers above. Virtually half and half for 2004!

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on August 27, 2007, 15:05:11
And I never understood this envy the Europeans have for us getting Curiosa. Ummm...

hey neither did i! personally, that must be my least favorite cure tour...
ok sorry for that... ;)

(...still, and a bit strangely, my all time favorite cure t-shirt is a curiosa t-shirt. :?)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

rjl

Quote from: lostflower4 on August 27, 2007, 15:05:11
And I never understood this envy the Europeans have for us getting Curiosa. Ummm...

Agreed - a 100 minute set of a handful of new songs, plus the big singles (nothing against them - I mean "Lovesong" and "JLH" are great songs, and I do love hearing them live), plus maybe 1 "special" song (which Mansfield/Boston didn't really get... Most cities got one neat one, like "Cockatoos" or "All Cats". We didn't.

But yeah, I got a great shirt (yellow flower in the middle, with a red Cure logo over it, and a winged heart on the back, with the dates. I love it.

I'm hoping that the re-scheduled dates feature a nice, big setlist, with plenty of "gems". I mean, when they re-scheduled the WA show, they got a nice, long set, and a few encores...

What bothers me the most is that the Mexico and San. Fran. dates are still on.

And you know the Mexico dates are going to be nice, long sets. :(  <--- for me... good for those fans...

(I wish I knew about them sooner / had a chance at good tickets, as my gf's father retired to Mexico, and I've always wanted to go... But it's not feasible at such short notice.)

strange_day

I think the envy with Curiosa comes from the other bands, not The Cure's set, i mean, you had Mogwai, Interpol, The Cure all in one night, right after the other.... thats like my dream show! Over here at the Manchester gig we had to sit through Keane, Longview and Elbow!!!.... Only other highlight being Cranes and still only got like 90 mins of The Cure before they had the plug pulled on them..... :roll:

rjl

Yeah, the "other bands" angle occurred to me after I posted. Probably because I went with a long-time friend (we grew up together), who I hadn't seen in a long time, so we kind of drank through all of the opening bands, save for the last 5 minutes of Interpol.

In retrospect, I really should have watched / taped Muse + Interpol.

If anything, I would have save a fortune in over-priced, awful beer.

rodney

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. THE CURE scheduled at ALLSTATE ARENA on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2007, at 7:00 PM, has been postponed. The new date is to be announced. You may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method.

Nothing at all about using the tickets for a future show....and the other date I was attending, Philadelphia, looks like Comcast is still selling tickets for this show!

japanesebaby

Quote from: strange_day on August 27, 2007, 16:25:06
I think the envy with Curiosa comes from the other bands, not The Cure's set, i mean, you had Mogwai, Interpol, The Cure all in one night, right after the other.... thats like my dream show! Over here at the Manchester gig we had to sit through Keane, Longview and Elbow!!!.... Only other highlight being Cranes and still only got like 90 mins of The Cure before they had the plug pulled on them..... :roll:

indeed, i was going to say the same. that's why the t-shirt's my favorite too: it's nice to sport a bunch of good names at one time
a pic from the back side design attached).

Quote from: rjl on August 27, 2007, 16:41:59
In retrospect, I really should have watched / taped Muse + Interpol.

i won't complain since i've never taped anything myself, but it's still a shame that so little recordings from all those other bands from curiosa tour circulate - i think i've never even heard one muse set from that tour!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

SadMan

Hmmm, Must say i think it is poor form from Mr. Smith. I had the good fortune of seeing the show in Melbourne and contrary to much opinion, i thought it was the best Cure show i'd seen in nearly 20 years. Growing up in the UK i became a Cure addict in 1981 and have seen many, many shows since. To say that these 2007 shows were below par is complete trash. They were the hardest, raw Cure shows in my memory, stripped back and mean. I loved it.. The reason given of finishing the Double Album seems a bit dicky to me - Smith has been in this industry for long enough to know how it works. To suddenly change a whole tour because the album is unfinsihed reeks of something more than a bad time management issue, since when did the Cure ever come in on time anyway??? Lets face it they are f*cking lazy sods at best - and i have loved them for this (soooo me..) To add that the Spring shows will be all the better for the new songs is a highly dubious statement too. Lets face it since Disintigration the Cure have been sliding down the crucial list. 1 or 2 songs just about pass through but where are the CLASSICS? Not to be found on the last 3 or so cd's thats for sure..  Finally the RSX replies - i would like to believe they are fake but (bar the funny Ebay Mac, Porl keyboard etc) i guess they could be the real deal. He is a grumpy fucker but i am surprised that he (if it is indeed him) has bothered to reply at all. It does him no favours by telling fans that he doesn't care if they come to the new shows, these people are hurting. Imagine if Santa "postponed" X-Mas for all 5 year olds til April ("the toys r not finished - sorry") hopw many tears eh? Well being older now means we look forward to less things, and to have something postponed hurts badly. A promise is a promise eh Robert? I think not...

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 27, 2007, 17:11:11i think i've never even heard one muse set from that tour!

I'm sure there would be a few going around if Mr. Hangover didn't hurt his thumb. :lol:

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: rodney on August 27, 2007, 16:50:39
Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. THE CURE scheduled at ALLSTATE ARENA on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2007, at 7:00 PM, has been postponed. The new date is to be announced. You may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method.

Nothing at all about using the tickets for a future show....and the other date I was attending, Philadelphia, looks like Comcast is still selling tickets for this show!

The Allstate site still shows them for the 29th!  And Ticketmaster is still selling tickets!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003EDDEAF956E0?artistid=915776&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Ya'd think after sending out the postponment emails someone would change the ticket info on their site!

lostflower4

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on August 28, 2007, 07:31:33The Allstate site still shows them for the 29th!  And Ticketmaster is still selling tickets!

Yeah, and I'm sure they're still happy to charge their non-refundable "convenience fees" too. :twisted:

shel1971

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on August 28, 2007, 07:31:33
Quote from: rodney on August 27, 2007, 16:50:39

The Allstate site still shows them for the 29th!  And Ticketmaster is still selling tickets!

I had the same question about rain-check options and had to inquire on the website to find out my tickets would still be good for the new concert date in Dallas. They want you to think refund is your only option so that they can keep your processing fee now, then charge you a new one when the tickets go on sale again later. I'm definitely in the wrong business.....

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003EDDEAF956E0?artistid=915776&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Ya'd think after sending out the postponment emails someone would change the ticket info on their site!

rjl

TM still has floor seats still available for Boston! Hurry!

;)

(No... I'm serious. They're still on sale. And yes, I was able to pull up floor seats.)