UPDATE FROM RSX

Started by jct, September 08, 2007, 16:58:45

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on September 10, 2007, 15:08:50
And trust me, sometimes it feels like we don't have any professional sports teams either!

Philadelphia Phillies, the first pro sports team to lose 10,000 games  :P

rodney

Quote from: j on September 10, 2007, 15:08:50
No kidding....you guys don't even have your own airport.  Isn't the Cincinnati airport in Kentucky?

Yes it is, though it's really not far from Cincinnati.  I actually live in Kentucky too, though I'm only about 3 miles south of downtown. 

j

Quote from: crowbi_wan on September 10, 2007, 15:19:06

Philadelphia Phillies, the first pro sports team to lose 10,000 games  :P
[/quote]

Alright, Punk.  Let's have a look at the numbers here.  The Phillies have been a team for 125 years, the Seattle Mariners for 31 years.  So, let's project the number of losses over the same period for the Mariners.  As of today, the Mariners have lost 2574 games.  Divide that by the number of years they have been a franchise, and you get an average of 83.03226 losses per year.  Now multiply that by the 125 years the Phils have been around, and you get a projected total of 10379 losses, or 357 more losses in the same span as the Phils.

Of course, there are many variables that would skew these numbers in your favor, but for the sake of me busting your balls, we'll ignore those factors.

j

More:

Streaks
14 straight losing seasons (1918-1931) where the Phils went 786-1310 for a outstanding .375 winning percentage

16 straight losing seasons(1933-1948) where the Phils went 888-2443 even more incredible .266 winning percentage

For those keeping score, the Phils managed ONE winning season between 1918-1948!
Current World Series drought: 26 seasons

Phillies have accumulated 1 World Championship, 5 Pennants, and 9 Playoff Appearances in 124 seasons. Can you believe that? Basically the Phillies only had a chance to win a Championship 9 times out of 124 seasons!

For comparsion, the Florida Marlins (est. 1993) and Arizona Diamondbacks (est. 1998) and have won 3 World Championships, 3 Pennants and 5 Playoff Appearances between them in 21 seasons.

lostflower4

I could really care less about baseball, but I know that the 49ers have won more Super Bowls (5) than the Eagles and Seahawks combined (0).

But I'm not from San Francisco. Hmmmm... :lol:

j

The Eagles won a championship before the Super Bowl came about.  And based on their performance yesterday, I don't think that another championship is in the near future.

rjl

They could play RI and CT... haven't played either since 92. Or maybe they played Hartford in 96 (too lazy to look it up). That would be nice... Both about an hour or so away from me...  :smth023

Plainsong

Hmm...I hadn't thought about the sports angle to the rescheduling. This could work in our favor here in Nashville--no basketball here! (Although that also means no suitable arena, but hey.)

j

No hockey team either....even if they don't move.  No Forsberg, Hartnell, Timonen, etc

Plainsong

That, I'll have to take your word for--although I did at least know they might move! :)

lostflower4

Quote from: lostflower4 on September 10, 2007, 05:43:58And hey, why not give Kansas City's brand new arena a try?

http://www.sprintcenter.com/arena_gallery1.php

Whoa, did I just predict the future here? 

http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,3913.msg28648.html#msg28648

Ok, not the same venue... But damn!  :shock:

ROGUE

:lol: Hey lostflower4~ I really like your pic- possum like pic, makes me smile everytime i see it.

Maybe if i cant go to America, i would love to go Europa and see The Cure, that would be majic. I seen them here twice (Australia),
but wanting more., always.