Integration

Started by AlluivialL, November 03, 2007, 04:55:53

Previous topic - Next topic

AlluivialL

So..I've been looking for Integration for a long time. I feel like a complete noob for even asking, but does anyone know where I can find a download, or something that isn't like...60$, because that's all I can find.

Blah...if anyone can help that would be sooo great. Thanks.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

japanesebaby

i suppose you're taking about a commercial download yes?

what people pay for when they get the Integration box is the package: because what comes to the cds inside, it's just the regular disintegration singles in there, no extra songs, nothing special. so having a commercial download available for this is not reasonable/needed since one can just as well go and get there regular singles. and those are not at all hard to find and/or expensive.
so it's a collector's item just because of the packaging - and the miniposter that comes with it. a nice one though, yes.
but one can't download the packaging so...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

AlluivialL

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 03, 2007, 07:52:51
i suppose you're taking about a commercial download yes?

what people pay for when they get the Integration box is the package: because what comes to the cds inside, it's just the regular disintegration singles in there, no extra songs, nothing special. so having a commercial download available for this is not reasonable/needed since one can just as well go and get there regular singles. and those are not at all hard to find and/or expensive.
so it's a collector's item just because of the packaging - and the miniposter that comes with it. a nice one though, yes.
but one can't download the packaging so...

I thought there were Compilations on it? Like..songs that were just redone.

or are they on albums like Mixed Up?

I'm sorry if this was an annoyance.

japanesebaby

Quote from: AlluivialL on November 03, 2007, 08:12:45

no, it's a singles box, not a remix compilation.
just look at the scan from the back cover of the box here:

http://www.thecurerecords.com/record.aspx?id=2697

of course the box set does include some remixes (since some were b-sides for the singles), but if memory serves, i think the extended remixes are exactly the same ones as those found on 'mixed up' album. the only remixes here which are not found on 'mixed up' are the single remixes (the versions of the songs that were released as singles - often nothing massively different than the original).
but in any case all singles in the box are just standard US pressings. there's nothing else exclusive in the integration box other than the packaging and poster.

the boxset was only released in the US by elektra records and it was available in europe and elsewhere only as import.
the singles inside are standard US pressings with standard (not slim) jewel cases.

and no annoyance.

AlluivialL

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 03, 2007, 08:40:24
Quote from: AlluivialL on November 03, 2007, 08:12:45

no, it's a singles box, not a remix compilation.
just look at the scan from the back cover of the box here:

http://www.thecurerecords.com/record.aspx?id=2697

of course the box set does include some remixes (since some were b-sides for the singles), but if memory serves, i think the extended remixes are exactly the same ones as those found on 'mixed up' album. the only remixes here which are not found on 'mixed up' are the single remixes (the versions of the songs that were released as singles - often nothing massively different than the original).
but in any case all singles in the box are just standard US pressings. there's nothing else exclusive in the integration box other than the packaging and poster.

the boxset was only released in the US by elektra records and it was available in europe and elsewhere only as import.
the singles inside are standard US pressings with standard (not slim) jewel cases.

and no annoyance.

Thank you for all of this. I feel like I'm not missing out on too much..Lol, well anyways, it was really nice of you to look all of this up.

I don't know what else there is to say, other than thanks again. Bye for now.

japanesebaby

hey no problem.

surely you're not missing much there. unless one is into collecting official releases, the box set isn't very interesting.
here's a photo attached of the miniposter (the only thing one might be missing).
it's pretty small as it comes folded inside the box.

this reminds me though, there's a rather cool "promo poster" for integration:

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-CURE-Poster-INTEGRATION-1990-NICE-PROMO-20x30_W0QQitemZ270182981838QQihZ017QQcategoryZ86003QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yet i'm sure that's got to be just a re-print of some kind, because honestly they've been selling those on ebay for ages already on a regular basis. so it just can't be an original promo item (or they accidentally printed like millions of them back in 1990 so everyone still has a warehouse full of them? :-P)
anyway i've seen some people charging like $20 for it but that's a crazy price for a re-print.  :smth011

AlluivialL

Yes, I know of them both, I'm not really into posters, though. I'm more of a painting person..lol. Yeah, that is a crazy price for a reprint, geez.

B.DEE

Here is a detailed list of what is in the package ...

http://www.discogs.com/release/751253

It's the 4 US CDsingles in one package (with that extra stupid title on the box).
You can find most of the music on Mixed Up, Entreat and Join The Dots ...

Oh and you get that poster with it too (as a "bonus" for spending $50).
Constantly talking is not necessarily communicating.

nausearockpig

Christ!!! this takes me back.

i remember seeing this box set in the window of a shop in Brisbane called Rocking Horse Records in the early nineties... back then Rocking Horse had a strange set up where the store was divided into two physically separate stores: one for new releases and one for second-hand stuff. i used to study a long way out of the city so i had to catch a train into town - 12 Kilometres then hang around the city until i could catch a train out to the college i was studying at. that ride was about 50 KMs out and the trains were not all that frequent so the wait times were enourmous.. so i'd go check out RH to see if i could grab any bargains.. anyway one time i got into town well early and had some time to kill so i went to have a look at the second hand RHR store and i saw this cool purple The Cure box set that i didnt have and had never seen.. this was well early in my The Cure fandom so i had no idea what it was, but i knew i had to have it!!! i was really worried that i would miss out on it so i wrote the RHR staff a letter asking them to hold the box set for me till i got back into the city that afternoon so i could buy it..
i left town and stressed the whole day till i got back into town.. i raced to RHR and found the box set still in the window "Bastards!" i thought, "They got my f*cking note and didn't do shit with it!!!" so i bought it for about $60AUD i think and jammed it in my bag.. on the train on the way home i pulled it out and studied every inch of the package so intently whilst i listened to the "new" tracks on my CD Walkman.. i was blown away by those four new songs. I loved them and i still do.. they became staples in my The Cure diet for a long time..

and i love that little poster..

buy it. it's nice to have..

lostflower4

I've got the Integration box. Bought it on impulse for some crazy price, and still have yet to open it (I already have the singles).

Any time I get low on cash, I ponder selling it. But thus far I haven't been able to bring myself to do it. I guess it really is a "nice looking box".  :lol:

nausearockpig

Quote from: lostflower4 on December 17, 2007, 16:32:02
I've got the Integration box. Bought it on impulse for some crazy price, and still have yet to open it (I already have the singles).

Any time I get low on cash, I ponder selling it. But thus far I haven't been able to bring myself to do it. I guess it really is a "nice looking box".  :lol:

And what self respecting "real fan" can call him or herself a "real fan" without this box set??
That would be like not owning the "Join The Dots" pfff... :lol: